MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Let's keep in touch on a weekly bases on how we are doing

I  think it would be nice if we could all check in here at least once a week during this pandemic to just let everyone know how we are all doing. That way if anyone is effected in anyway by this coronavirus we could all pray for each one infected or praying for any loved one that is infected. These are going to be tough times for awhile and I just feel a need for us all to keep in touch as best we can.

As of today DH and I are doing fine as well as my family that are in other states now. :pray: they stay safe. 

So please just check in as you are able.  :pray: and  :grouphug:for everyone here.  Stay safe.

• Like 6

All is well here.  I am not going any place unless it's in our truck or our camper van to just "go someplace" and get out in the sun (when it's shining!).  Got too many irons in the fire right now to even do that.  I'll spend some time at the homestead this weekend, out in the garden area.  I'm planning to pull out the two mini-green houses and get them ready to start some seeds.  Also need to clean out some of the tubes in my two Mason Bee houses.  Those wonderful little pollinators have just about filled every one of them!

• Like 6

No reported cases in our area, but it's just a matter of time.

Hubby thinks there's no chance of them shutting down to non-essential services out here, because everything supports the oilfield in some way, and THAT is an essential service.

I'm not so sure, and am trying to get the church prepared if we can't even go into the office.

• Like 5

We are still here at Katymare Creek (as we named our seasonal water flow "crick").  Basically bugging in.   Chainsaw Mary has started insisting I wait in car at Walmart, on our rare trips, while she runs in to get stuff.  No loss there, there are NEVER any cripple cars available any more.  We always call & check with our neighbors & friends before making a run....anything you need?  We can drop off on porches upon return. 

I wish some of the younger folks would realize how big a hero they could become to others with impaired resistance if they would volunteer to perform a shopping service for them.  Hopefully there are some who have figured this out....might give them something to do while screwing around on no-school days.....

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 5

As much as I would love to be on here more right now it is just not physically possible. As I have stated before I work as a registrar at the local hospital. So things are a little tense. I come home and put on praise and worship music and just chill. Hubby ask if I want to watch TV and I tell him no, please just let me sit and enjoy the silence. Nine times out of ten I fall asleep in my chair and hubby has to wake me up and send me to bed.

The start the ORANGE procedures yesterday. Not that we have had a positive case but they are locking down hoping to prevent it in the hospital. There are no visitors, unless you have a minor child in the hospital then there must be one adult. Once you are in the room you can not leave, you can not switch out with another adult. You are there for the duration. Same with OB patients. One visitor mostly likely the dad and once you are there you are there no switching out. Sorry grandma you have to wait till they are home. Yes this has caused some major meltdowns. 

If you come with a patient for out patient testing you will be asked to wait in the car, unless you are an interpreter or you are their care giver and they are unable to speak for themselves such as a minor child. And yes this has caused major meltdowns.

Things are changing by the hour at work and it is highly stressful. So I will say as of today I am fine, I am blessed that I have the weekend off as of now but am on call if needed. Monday we start the ballgame over and will have new rules.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

If you come with a patient for out patient testing you will be asked to wait in the car, unless you are an interpreter or you are their care giver and they are unable to speak for themselves such as a minor child. And yes this has caused major meltdowns.

That's going to be a huge problem in some cultures where females can't speak to male doctors, or where males leave all healthcare information and decisions to their wives.

• Like 5

I kinda figured I couldn't go in with DH's doc appt. for those reasons.  But then...blizzard and he did it over the laptop.  So I got to sit in anyway.  Virtual visits for many types of doc visits will be great.  But once someone's heading for hospital....probably has to be In Person. 

God, keep Mommato3 safe at her essential job, helping the hospital run smoothly and care for so many coming in for COVID AND the usual things. 

We've been locked in....mostly....since DH's job got shut down.  And nearly so, before that since he only worked 2 days/wk.  At some point, he'll slip in to deposit checks thru the bank drive-up window.  They shut down the lobby.  He'll zip carefully thru the grocery.  He knows the store well and will keep distance.  He knows folks who work there but can keep distance to converse too.  If it's crowded, he'll skip it.  Not worth it.  And we wash or sanitize everything coming in.  :dishes: 

MtRider  ...stay safe, everyone.

• Like 3

We are ok here though there are now a couple in or near our area now.  

Mommato3boys.  special prayers going out for you and your family. I know working in the hospital will put a lot of stress on your DH with the worrying of you have a chance of catching this virus. I have a granddaughter that also works in medical field that lives here and the other one that just moved to Washington state, her DH works Naval hosp. So special prayers going out for all of those working in the hospitals, doctors offices, rescue squads. etc. May the Lord protect you all for what you are going to have to in dur over the next couple of months.  May the Lord give you all the strength to keep going.

They told my daughter that she may now work 2 of the 5 days from home. What good is that. She needs to be home 5 days a week. 

• Like 2

My major crunch time should be over hopefully after tomorrow night.  After that, I can relax and hopefully get some more sleep.  Speaking of...I'm going to head to bed now.  I only slept a few hours last night, and that is not acceptable in my world even once.

• Like 4

Pondering what to do about our pack of dogs and their need for ongoing heart worm preventive... vet’s office is closed. Weather is warming. We have a few months of treatments left. I may order some Ivomec sheep drench as a back up. Our old bottle of it is expired. Way too expired to use.

Other than that, we are ok. I never figured on :smiley_shitfan: and starting into it with DH as an invalid and me as a caretaker on top of everything else. That scenario was too scary to contemplate, but here I am. Many older people are in the same boat, or worse. Way worse. At least we have food, water, and shelter, so I am trying to get back to a positive outlook. 💜

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

. I never figured on :smiley_shitfan: and starting into it with DH as an invalid and me as a caretaker on top of everything else. That scenario was too scary to contemplate, but here I am. Many older people are in the same boat, or worse. Way worse. At least we have food, water, and shelter, so I am trying to get back to a positive outlook. 💜

Right there with you. Hubby just turned 60 and I turned 57, but because of our medical history and his age we are considered high risk. Never thought I would see the day that we would be considered high risk. Good thing we are not social butterflies and the only time we are really around people are my work and church. Church is now 10 or less meeting in homes and well I have to work if we want to have lights, a roof over our heads, and food. I think we will all agree that this is what we have been preparing for and yes Cowgirl :smiley_shitfan: is the best description I could come up with too. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I never figured on :smiley_shitfan: and starting into it with DH as an invalid and me as a caretaker on top of everything else.

Me either!  So glad I decided to lose the weight and start eating healthy when I did.  As of now, I am the only one going out anywhere to a store and it scares me because I'm afraid I will inadvertently bring it home to DH and we both know that could be the end for him.  I clean and lysol every surface and item I bring in but fear it may not be enough.  Sigh.  Then I remember God is in control and all I can do is the next right thing.  I'm better now.

• Like 5

Miki, I hear you.

What scares me more than anything else is that I could bring the virus home to DH. I MUST keep working if we want to keep the roof over our heads, and social distancing at work is impossible, unfortunately. TPTB insist that we come in to work. So, I wash my hands before I leave work AND again when I come home. And I pray.

:pray:

• Like 4

Cowgirl, I know how you feel about having to work and then coming home to your family.  The only thing I can think of is when you get home, head straight to the shower, put clothes in a bag till you can get cleaned up and get them washed. Just go straight from the car to the shower. That is the only thing I can think of that maybe could help keep you and your family safe.  This is such a mess and it seems no one has the right answers.

We are staying in. The kids and grandkids are checking in daily.  Grandson wants to stay with us but daughter says no because of their home situation where my granddaughter works for a hospital in the ER. So when she gets home she does head straight to shower and bags her clothes to wash.  But daughter is afraid for grandson to come stay as he has been around his sister. He is disappointed but mom is right about that.  Told him we can talk on phone and text each other.  He will be fine. 

Otherwise we are doing good. DH has not been out of house in 2 weeks now. I have been to store but now staying put. No more going anywhere.  Need to get some seeds going soon. 

And yes :smiley_shitfan: is a very good way of describing this mess we are in. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Since I haven't been able to completely recover from being sick Jan/Feb, DH is very guarded.  We did the ..take clothes off at door and they go on the clothes line till washing.  Shower too. 

Tomorrow he's making a trek into town.  List for my folks / list for us at the grocery.  Not a lot.  Get fresh stuff while we can IF we still can.  Garden seeds if our Walmart has any.  I wanted to go in....cuz of my Dad.  I can go up to the house where DH is not comfortable with him - for obvious reasons.  But DH doesn't want me to use the energy....just cuz of my dad.  Two hard-headed males but my dad has been very wrong [dementia] and DH is right.  I shouldn't waste my energy going in when he can just do it.  I don't want to put DH in that position...so I want to go.  I wouldn't go inside tho.  Gaaah! 

This is our first try .....getting stuff for my folks so they don't risk going in.  But DH and I are both high risk too.  But we're more alert to take all the precautions.  So hopefully DH can shop and run.  Dump their stuff at the door and run again.  Get home and we wash or sanitize everything ...including him.  Then stay home again for a while.  Don't know how long we can keep doing this....at the stores.  ??? That's the big question.  My folks won't be as tempted to go in if we can deliver for them.  I feel like we're playing a chess game. 

Pray for this maneuver to be safe and easy.

MtRider  .... :shopping:  :pray:  

• Like 6

I'm doing fine here. Self isolating isn't much of an issue for me...yet. I did a shopping haul yesterday so I'm pretty much set. I finally found two loaves of bread so I can have sandwiches and toast etc. That was my only gap in short term food. Nothing major if I didn't have it though. I'll probably go out sometime next week for milk, fruit and veggies. If I dont, that's okay too.

If I get too antsy, I'll break down some of the packing boxes where I ordered from Amazon and Wal-Mart and take them to the recycle bin. It's just up the street and no human contact. Besides, the Jeep will need started by then anyway. 

Son and them are doing fine too. If they are fine, then I'm fine.

Stay well everyone!   :grouphug:

• Like 5

As the COVID-19 cases mount, my employer finally realized that making us all come in every day to work was unsafe. We will now rotate staff, with only a couple of people in the office each day. I feel some relief, as some of our staff have major commutes, coming some distance from areas that are virus hot spots. Not being on top of each other all day long gives us a better chance of coming through this. :cheer:

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Like 6

All is good here.  Was hoping to do my final round of stores but now I have to go back to pick up an RX that they had to order on Friday. Not happy about that.  They never restocked Harris Teeter but did pick up 10 lbs of potatoes to can tomorrow. And some oranges, bananas and blueberries.  My granddaughter that just moved to Washington state is getting ready to go on a 30 day lockdown. Her DH had to report in yesterday and start working. They have released all the patients but he now has to do the swab testing for the coronavirus. So he has to scrub down before coming home and then again when he gets home.  Granddaughter said they are closing all the Wal Marts there for a week to clean and restock. She said there is a little country store down the road from her.  She was able to get 2 weeks worth of food and with what I sent her she thinks they will be good for 30 days and as long as that country store stays open they can get milk and eggs. She makes her own bread. And getting a garden started.  Her house she bought has blackberry bushes all around the deck. She is having to prune them back. 

• Like 4

We're staying hunkered down except for hubby working for our friend/customer...at their home...for about 3 weeks now.  Our city is on high alert since we were notified of a positive at our local college.  Then this evening I received a message from my stepmum that they now have a positive in her county.  That county borders ours.  When hubby has to go for materials or parts, he's very careful to obey the 6' distancing and the hand washing/sanitizing routine.

Jeepers....you would have had a fit of laughter!  All of hubby's tools are in the floorway of the camper van, so Abby'girl had to ride up front with me ... not a whole lot of room for me a 100# doggie!  She did really well considering it was her first time to EVER ride in the front of any vehicle! :24: But she needed some leg stretching and outside time just like I did. I needed to water the seed starts that are in the window at the homestead.  She finally figured out that her "comfort" spot was with her butt on the wheel well, her chest between my legs, and her head on my chest...of course I was giving her some lovin! :24: Can you get some images?  :laughkick:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2