MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stimulus Check

Jeepers

MidnightMom, I got that same message a couple of weeks ago though I already have my check.  Though I did get a letter from the IRS today telling me my check was coming. How nice but a bit late on the letter. I got mine before the 15th but bank held it till the 15th.  Wonder if they know what they are doing.

DH's unemployment check was "deposited"  ....in theory.  In reality......  :grinning-smiley-044:  ....not yet.  All searches lead to same answer:  EVERYbody's check is still "coming".....  Feel so sorry for those families that NEED that check!  :pray: 

MtRider  .....and he's required to "request" those checks every 2 wks.    :buttercup: 

• Sad 3
  • 4 weeks later...

So, I get my stimulus check in the mail today. I opened the envelope and the check is for $512.15.  Hummm. That's an odd amount. Where is my $1,200.00 check! I just checked online and if you make $75,000.00 or less you get $1,200.00. Oh yeah, I made waaay less than that. Way less.

I thought it would go into my bank account in Indiana where my S.S. check is auto deposited. So I went online to check my account over there. Anyone who knows me long enough knows I have major issues logging on to that bank. I can't. Not even with human help. So I went the normal route of having the auto teller email me a temp. password. Twice. Neither one worked. Then I had the auto teller phone me with a password. Twice. Neither one worked. So I called the 888 number to (hopefully) speak to a real person. I was on hold for nearly 20 minutes and finally hung up in exasperation. My fuse was getting shorter and shorter. Hanging up was prudent. 

I'm so sick of that bank. If it wasn't for the fact that I already have my S.S. going in there and my insurance and utilities coming out, I'd fire them! But we all know if I start messing with changing banks it's going to go worse for me. It always does. Nothing EVER goes smoothly for me. 

So, I still don't know if the $1,200.00 was ever deposited and why did I get a strange check for $512.15? I remember that $500.00 was for dependants but I don't have any. And that wouldn't be $512.15 anyway. 

SIgh. Hopefully I can find out some info tomorrow. 

Then I wanted to order a mattress on Amazon. It's 15% off. Woo hoo. I want it delivered on a certain date. They do offer that option. Guess who can't find that option now. Maybe it's only for certain items. I want a certain date so son will be there to bring it inside in case of rain. 

So...do I take a chance and order it now and have it arrive mid-week instead of a weekend or do I wait to order it and chance it not still being 15% off. That 15% equals almost $90.00. Nothing to sneeze at for me. I have it parked in the cart so hopefully it will retain that price until I can make a decision. My brain is not working great right now.

P.S.

Ambergris, it's the one you recommended a long time ago. Tuft and Needle. 

Ours finally came in. I wasn't really expecting one, but we're thrilled. We're using it to upgrade our home to receive my handicapped mom this coming weekend. I'm so thankful DH is so handy with carpentry, plumbing and carpentry. He's a keeper.  :thumbs:

• Like 3

Jeepers....re: the mattress delivery.  Have them send it to your son's house!  Then he can dump it inside at your house.  They are heavy but not that big...if you got the foam, expandable one.  Otherwise....this wise tip is null and void.  ;) 

As for your mystery check....we're getting SOME action after DH emailed to our state representative....for the Unemployment checks + $600. 

As for your bank....can you give son financial power of attorney and have him go there in person to see WHY you can't do off-site banking?  Sounds ridiculous!  Hmph!  Or...is there a banking overseeing something you can contact?  Might have to plan another ROAD TRIP!!!!  :happy0203:

MtRider  :offtobed:   ...won't it be nice to finally go to Indy and sleep on the wonderful bed?  

• Like 1

Hee hee. Tip is valid. It's a bed in a box. I should have said that I am sending it to son's house. But if they deliver it in the morning and it rains, then son may not get it inside until after 6:00pm. DIL will be there before then but it weighs nearly 75 pounds. If I can have it delivered on a Saturday or Sunday he will be there when it comes. I also have to work around the time of month because he is on call at work every 3rd. weekend and he could possibly be gone then too. If he is there to get it he can put it right in his work van and take it to my house at his leisure. I might be over thinking this. I just don't want it to get wet. $$$$ 

A real bed to sleep in over there...YES. Last time my inflatable mattress went poof and I ended up sleeping on the floor. Just as well because when it was aired up I kept rolling off the edge of it. Talk about a surprise awakening. Dang.

Giving him power of attorney over my banking is doable. The thing is, right now the offices are all closed because of the virus. Even if I was there I couldn't go in. Maybe with an appointment or something.

I'm ready for a road trip. I need to line up a painter and a landscaper. I want the ceilings painted and they are cathedral ceilings in 3-4 of the rooms. No way can I do those. Plus the walls leading up to the ceilings. The normal rooms I can do. The landscaping is very very overgrown. It would take son all summer to get rid of that mess with just the two of us working on it. A crew can knock it out in a day or two. I can replant it myself. I really just need a complete tear-out and a couple of trees trimmed back.

I just remembered I need to do some spackle and sanding before painting. Sigh. 

• Like 2

Oh Jeepers, you have a full plate!  And I thought I was the only one being blessed with "character-building"  exercises.  They sure do get old, having to do things the hard way, then watching everything go wrong and having to re-do.  I have enough character already, just look at all the character lines in my face!  (About all I can do about it is make jokes, but it is a common refrain in this house...."oh #^%$@@%!  what NEXT?!?" ) We need an emoji for a rueful laugh and elbow poke.  Maybe this one? :eek3:

Today will be a "quiet day" as I will be going to my back doctor for a checkup.  I have to travel a bit to get to the special x-ray machine that takes an entire spinal shot at once, then to his office with the 'fresh' xrays.  It will probably take all day.  And this was the day the freezer was supposed to arrive, so Mary will have to stay home so she can tell the delivery may where to put it.  Its raining here for the 3rd day in a row and we do not know if Sears is going to deliver or some other person who sub-contracted the job from Sears.

After all the work defrosting and moving and re-arranging our freezers so as to make a spot for the new one (and give the smallest one to a friend who wants a little one) they had better show up!  Sears was supposed to notify us of a delivery time....NOT....or if the delivery was delayed (again).....NOT.  Sigh.  Oh well, we needed to defrost anyway, and were able to re-fill the freezers with older eat-first stuff on TOP for easier recovery (and our sociable cats enjoyed lounging atop the hot tub in the carport and watching us work to the 60s radio music.)  Its not as hard a job as some, but time consuming, and one of those 'get around to it things' it is nice to get done.  At least SOMETHING got done yesterday, lol.  It was raining anyway.

14365158088414758338?sqp=4sqPyQQ7QjkqNxABHQAAtEIgASgBMAk4A0DwkwlYAWBfcAKAAQGIAQGdAQAAgD-oAQGwAYCt4gS4AV_FAS2ynT4&rs=AOga4qlAc0UygxZ-BcAzxpQYVxtusJL7CA             <---The new normal?  Pretty, but effective?  Dunno, I got nothin'.  

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've seen those 'Masks' too only without the ear holes. I almost bought a couple but shipping was so slow. Last month they said delivery between July 1-31. Shipping that slow, I know where it's coming from. Fresh off the boat. 

The kind I was looking at are the kind motor cycle folks wear to keep debris (bugs) out of their mouth and nose. They are just a tube of spandex type material. If I was wearing one for germs I think I'd put a layer of tissue or soft fabric inside for extra protection. Maybe. 

The reason I want some is because you can use them as a face mask, doo-rag, headband and other ways. Nice for when the weather is hot. Or keeping hair back while canning. They are called a Buff.  

YouTube  "how to wear a buff" and see all of the neat ways you can wear them. 

60's music...YES!  :band:

T-t-t-talkin'  'bout my g-g-g-generation. 

• Haha 1

I can't see the pic but I've worn a buff for decades.  I absolutely hate wind in my ears.  I'll wear them under stocking hat in winter.  Over ears in wind.  Keeping hair back as needed. 

Try Sportsmans Guide  [ NEVER buy one of THEIR products....cheap/falls apart!!  Just other name brands they sell....ask me how I know]  They go under neck gaiter or face mask/head cover.  Or tube head cover.  I'm dithering but will place order for one from somewhere.  My last one is decades old and frayed badly.   I don't like them squash-tight but firm to the face when I wear it that way.  They have more options than I'm seeing on this page. 

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist/clothing/personal-accessories/hats-caps?d=112&c=17&s=335

Jeepers....75 pounds?   How does anyone carry them????  Ask if they are shipped in waterproof wrapping - likely cuz they can't get air or they'd begin to EXPAND!   I was staying with my folks during the Broken Hip Incident when DH brought in and set up this one.  So I didn't see it in the compressed form.

MtRider  ....DH is still seeking his unemployment checks.  Got some and then....  :tapfoot:   Restaurants are opening but not his yet.  :shrug: 

• Sad 2

I thought that was pretty heavy for a mattress in a box too. It's a queen size and not a king. Its sent in a plastic bag inside a box assuming the plastic isn't torn. I'm going ahead and send it. G-son complained that the riding lawn mower hurt his ears when he rides in the wagon thing so I'm going to send some ear muff protectors right away. I looked them up. Children size...suitable for the fireing range. Yee-Haw Grandma.   :americanflag:  

I called my Indy bank. Sigh. Email temp. passwords and phone passwords will not work. She tried a password on her work computer. Guess what? It didnt work either! Her excuse was their computers were slow. :rolleyes:   So, it was obvious that I was going nowhere fast again...BTDT. I was agitated and was sputtering my words. I hate when I do that. I dont stutter but I sputter, hesitating to find my words. My mouth gets ahead of my thoughts. I told her I wanted to transfer money from one account into another. From checking into mortgage. Reason is I CAN'T ACCESS MY ACCOUNT to see if I have enough in that account month after month. I really don't want to default on that loan simply because I can't see my balance. I worry. Get this...she told me there would be a $12.00 transaction fee if she does it. Oh h3ll no!  I found my words real fast. Supervisor said she'd waive the fee. Ya think.

Anyway, no stimulas check has been deposited. I guess Trump figures I only deserve $512.15. His name is on the check. Guess I'm going to have to figure out a phone number to call.

• Sad 2

We haven't gotten ours yet.   We were supposed to be getting a paper check, but now they are apparently sending out pre-paid debit cards if you weren't sent up for the direct deposit.    So much going on (stress-wise) that I've decided it'll get here when it gets here and I'm not thinking about it anymore.

• Like 4

I hear ya OOTO. I wouldn't bother with mine either unless I hadn't gotten that gov. check for that strange amount. I'm wondering if that's all I'm going to get. And why. And why a paper check when they auto deposit my S.S. check. You are right...too many stressors.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I guess Trump figures I only deserve $512.15. H

Jeepers.....that sounds like the amount one would get from the EXTRA $600 added onto Unemployment Insurance.  After taxes, that's almost exactly what DH gets  ..... is supposed to be getting weekly til his restaurant begins AND calls him back in.  [ his payments have stopped again on that toooooo!]  :shakinghead: 

Just had a thot:  Would your two addresses be making a Red Flag?   Shouldn't cuz SS is only going to one.  Gaah!  Email your state representative.  That got things going for DH. 

Curiouser and couriouser...... all of us on SS, obviously on direct deposit......should be quite simple.  :sigh:  

MtRider   :pray:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 2

I believe it has to be the IRS that had your bank info, not social security.  We got a paper check because our bank info with IRS was out of date.

Do be sure to watch out for a debit card, if you are expecting a paper check. Many people got converted to debit card instead of check because they could get more of them sent faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Mt_Rider said:

Jeepers.....that sounds like the amount one would get from the EXTRA $600 added onto Unemployment Insurance.  After taxes, that's almost exactly what DH gets  ..... is supposed to be getting weekly til his restaurant begins AND calls him back in.  [ his payments have stopped again on that toooooo!]  :shakinghead: 

DH's umemployment thru the state came (many people haven't even seen that yet), but we still haven't seen the extra $600.  

He's working again (for now) .

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary
  • Like 2

It is strange. Not for unemployment. I haven't been out in the work force in over 20 years. I don't get it.  :shrug: 

Did you know there isn't a phone number you can call to talk to a live person at the IRS? That's what the internet says. So it has to be true. How can they have so much control over our money and not be willing to talk to us? I went on their website. It says my check was mailed on May 22nd. So evidently that is my stimulus check. I'm giving it another week and then I'll look up my representative. 

I'm sure my S.S. info is up to date. I've only been on it 2 years. Does the Social Security department have anything to do with this stimulus package. There is an office I could go to in less than half an hour to get info. Never mind...Covid probably has them closed down too. 

It's confusing but, I've had the same Ohio bank for 30 years. I got the Indiana bank before I went on Social Security/Medicare so that is the only bank S.S. has ever dealt with. I made sure to do that for this very reason. So I wouldn't have changes of addresses with the S.S. 

My understanding (:rolleyes:) was that is you had S.S. auto deposited then your stimulus would be auto deposited. I wasn't even expecting a paper check. Actually I'd rather have the debit card right now because I can't just drop into the bank to get the check cashed. Covid-19 has them closed down too.  

8 hours ago, out_of_the_ordinary said:

We haven't gotten ours yet.   We were supposed to be getting a paper check, but now they are apparently sending out pre-paid debit cards if you weren't sent up for the direct deposit.    

Saw this in my newsfeed today:

People are accidentally throwing out their stimulus check — because it looks like junk mail

The latest round of stimulus checks were issued in the form of prepaid debit cards — in a plain white envelope that does not bear any federal markings.

• Thanks 1

Why in the world would the government send out official governmental mail NOT in their own official identifiable envelopes. Let me guess...because of the virus shut down, they can't get their envelope shipment from China? Or maybe like Mt. Riders dad they hid them from themselves and can't find them? Yeah, I'm being a smart a$$. 

Are they trying to set us up to fail?  :angry:

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

Why in the world would the government send out official governmental mail NOT in their own official identifiable envelopes. Let me guess...because of the virus shut down, they can't get their envelope shipment from China? Or maybe like Mt. Riders dad they hid them from themselves and can't find them? Yeah, I'm being a smart a$$. 

Are they trying to set us up to fail?  :angry:

No, they're trying to limit theft and fraud. Just like a credit card or replacement back debit card is mailed to you in a vaguely labeled envelope.

• Like 3