MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stimulus Check

Jeepers

Hello Peg and Deb2of9.

Looks like we are going to get those checks. It has passed.  So 1200 per person and 500 per child.  We are looking at 2400 going into our checking account. If it really happens, I am looking at a second pressure canner.

• 2 weeks later...

Our stimulus check hit the bank on Sat. And they will not post it until Wed. Just like our tax return they are holding it to draw the interest on our money for them. So free money for them. We get no interest from this bank and I want to change banks but it is a hassle to do it with direct deposits and direct payment for health insurance.   They held our tax return for over 2 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I'm not sure where mine will end up. When I get my taxes done I don't have it direct deposited here in Ohio. I get checks. But my S.S. check is directly deposited in Indiana.

I wanted to cash it and keep the money here at home. Probably a moot point though because you have to make an appointment to go inside a bank now. Our branch is small and not social distance friendly. 

• Like 1

Mine came in.  My sons' have not.  I am home today (off work) doing everyone's taxes because they want to wait until July, which I think is a bad idea.

• Like 2

Ours came in.  Hubby's talking about using part of it to build the back porch, but other than that, it'll just sit in savings until there's a light at the end of the tunnel that isn't an oncoming train and get thrown at debt.  That's our general plan for right now - save any extra, and pay the minimums on everything.

• Like 3

Bugger all...I just found out that our pmt was supposed to hit today, but the direct deposit info was for our former bank. Can't update it online, so we are stuck getting a paper check mailed, blast it!

• Sad 4
8 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Our check hit the bank last Sat. and was posted yesterday.  Now I hear they are talking about doing it once a month.  Some how I don't think that is going to happen. 

From what I’ve heard, only the one payment was in the legislation that was passed, but earlier versions had 2. 

11 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

That's what I was told.

Same here...so went ahead and filed a "return" even though we didn't need to.  Was a pretty simple form other than all the verification info.  It was available on the IRS.gov site so not a scam thing.

• Like 1

According to AARP if you get SS direct deposited the stimulus check will automatically be deposited there but might be later in the month?  

• Like 2

DH gets VA disability pension and we file taxes anyway because I have that Affordable Care Insurance with the tax credit. Otherwise insurance would cost more than half of what DH gets a month.  So we should be good one way or another.  Eventually.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about mine. I assume it went into my account in Indiana where my S.S. check goes.

I tried to check online but it said either my password or user name was incorrect. They weren't but I always have trouble logging in there. I got a temporary password and it wouldn't work either. So, after so many tries, they locked down my account because they thought it was being scammed. Now I'll have to wait until Monday to call them (hope someone is there) to fix it. I always have trouble with logging in to that bank. 

I just thought, I really hope they didn't lock the whole account because I have auto payments going out.  :motz_6:

• Sad 3

we got one stimulus check last week.  Mary assumed it was hers because she had just filled out a request thru social security (she does not file taxes, does not make enough).  I kept wondering where mine went and finally checked the website.  Turned out the one that came was mine....it went in the joint account like my tax return.  OOOOOOPSIE.  Mary was very embarrassed and apologized all over the place for spending 'my' money.   For heavens sake we have a joint account for joint expenses and the like, so no biggie to me.  I have never been much on that MY money YOUR money thing anyway.  If I cant trust you  we don't live in the same house.  Nice to know more is coming later though.  And no, we have not spent it all already.  The planned for purchase items are not available right now.  

• Like 2