MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stimulus Check

Jeepers

I was researching specifically regarding taxes on the stimulus.  If a individual didn’t get the stimulus, there is a calculation credit on the 2020 tax form.  If you did get it, you can’t take the deduction.  I didn’t find anything where that money was taxed.

Probably running behind.  :(

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

I happened to look online and saw my stimulus check was deposited a few days ago. The last two times I got a check in the mail. So I was looking for it in the mailbox. Maybe they caught on to people saying they were going to cash their paper check and save the money back to spend it anonymously. :shrug: 

• Like 1

Got ours on the 17th but I am betting they will take back half of it as DH pasted away on Feb. 14th.  But still got the money. So holding back using half of it till I see what they are going to do.  Should know after my taxes are filed if they take it back or not.  Time will tell. Hoping I will be able to keep it as I will use it to pay a year of taxes on house again like I did last year instead of just 6 months on it. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Got ours on the 17th but I am betting they will take back half of it as DH pasted away on Feb. 14th.  But still got the money. So holding back using half of it till I see what they are going to do. 

I know that any kind of SocSec payment is received the following month that you last lived through, but I'm not sure if this "payment" follows the same rule. Perhaps your accountant would know?

Midnightmom, I did get another social security check  the second week of March as they said they owed DH money.  Then I got a second social security check on the 24th which was the one I was suppose to get.  I think that I will be able to keep the 1400 that they also sent for Dh. my financial planner called this afternoon and I asked him about it. He said he is fairly sure I would be able to keep it as Dh was still living when they decided to give it out. So that would be nice.  I have now payed off all the charge cards from the funeral. So no more bills. :hapydancsmil:Big load off my mind. Now I might feel more like getting out and shopping, now that I know where I stand, concerting I haven't had any money coming in other that 2 social security checks. The rest of the life insurance is not going to be touched.  That is in a different account for emergencies.  Might head out to the feed and seed tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Didn't make it to the feed and seed this morning as a friend of mine wanted me to watch Biden on Fox news. So I did but was really not interested in what he had to say.  

Daughter coming in tomorrow evening late, and is staying in hotel as they are heading straight out to the 2 sheds they have to empty and then she is going to see a friend as it is her birthday and she wants to give her a gift.  So on Sat. I am going with my neighbor to breakfast and then to the farmers market in Smithfield.  I should be back by noon.  I won't see DD till sometime in the afternoon and Friday night I go to granddaughters for dinner.. So this is going to be a fast trip for daughter and son in law as they are going to be really busy. Didn't know they had 2 storage units to empty.  I just hope they get the stuff they have here as it is in my way and I have things I want to get done. Will see how it goes.  I will see them before they head back home. So that will be good. 

Hoping I can make it to the feed and seed tomorrow morning as I need to get some tomato plants, peppers and cucumber plants.  Was going to start them from seeds but to much of DD stuff in the way and I have no where to put them now. So plants will do this year. Not going to plant a lot this year anyway. Need to get the greenhouse and things set up for next year. Then I will have a lot of the food in house used up and will be ready for a bigger garden. 

It was 79* today and beautiful today. Yesterday was warm but we had rain off and on. So couldn't get a lot done yesterday.  Got the flowers I dried from Dh's funeral and sprayed for the shadow box I am doing and then the huge medal sun for the end of the shed at driveway spayed with the UV spray. Going to try to get that hung up this weekend. Then it won't be a plain old shed facing the street.  That will dress it up a bit. Then going to plant some flowers at the bottom of the shed. I want some flowers that will draw bees for the garden for next year. 

• Like 3

There is a delay in getting the stimulus money to Social Security recipients. :(

House Democrats Raise Alarm on Slow Stimulus Checks to Social Security Recipients and Others

March 25, 2021 Updated: March 25, 2021
biggersmaller 
While around 90 million Americans have already received their third-round stimulus checks, reports of delays for millions of others have prompted Democrat lawmakers to press the heads of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) to explain the holdup—and get the funds out faster.

“The people need their money now,” the House Ways and Means Committee wrote on Twitter.

“The fact that nearly 30 million Social Security and Supplemental Security Income beneficiaries are STILL waiting for their EIPs is unacceptable,” the committee added, referring to the economic impact payments (EIP), as the stimulus checks are formally known, which are being paid out as part of the American Rescue Plan.

The IRS said on March 22 that it had started disbursing a second batch of stimulus cash, but even as the agency touted “record time” delivery of some checks to some people, there have been reports that some categories of recipients, such as Social Security beneficiaries, are still waiting for their emergency relief money.

“I’m having to put off everything—utility bills, cable. I had to be late on rent,” 65-year-old Mark Stevens, of Pensacola, Florida, told CBS MoneyWatch.

Like for prior rounds of emergency relief payments, the IRS stated it would automatically send third-round checks to people who don’t file a tax return but receive Social Security retirement, survivor, or disability benefits (SSDI), Railroad Retirement benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Veterans Affairs benefits. The IRS said it was working with the relevant agencies to obtain updated 2021 information for these groups of recipients “to ensure it is sending automatic payments to as many people as possible.”

Epoch Times Photo The IRS building in Washington on Feb. 19, 2014. (Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images)

But reports of delays among these groups of beneficiaries have sparked the ire of some Democrat lawmakers, who are blaming the holdup on poor coordination.

“We were alarmed to learn recently that most Social Security, SSI, RRB, and VA beneficiaries who are not required to file a tax return have not yet received their payments and that the IRS is unable to provide an expected timeline for these payments,” House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.) and Reps. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.), John Larson (D-Conn.), and Danny K. Davis (D-Ill.) wrote in a March 24 letter to IRS Commissioner Charles P. Rettig and SSA Commissioner Andrew Saul (pdf).

The lawmakers said that, under the Trump administration, the IRS and SSA “worked closely together to ensure that the previous rounds of direct payments were paid promptly and automatically to these beneficiaries.” They urged the two agencies “to move with all deliberate speed” to get the payments out quickly to all the categories of recipients whose payments were overdue.

“We are counting on your agencies to ensure that beneficiaries are not left behind in the seamless delivery of those payments. Some of our most vulnerable seniors and persons with disabilities, including veterans who served our country with honor, are unable to pay for basic necessities while they wait for their overdue payments,” they wrote.

The Treasury Department said on March 24 that, along with the IRS and the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, it is disbursing around 37 million payments in the second batch of checks, bringing the total to around 127 million payments worth some $325 billion.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, in a video statement, said that more than 85 percent of American households will be getting the checks under this round of relief. “We’ll be working hard over the next few days and weeks to get this money out to you,” she said.

The IRS has an online “Get My Payment” tool that people can use to see if their payment has been scheduled.

“The IRS continues to send the third round of stimulus payments in record time,” Rettig said in a statement. “Since this new set of payments will include more mailed payments, we urge people to carefully watch their mail for a check or debit card in the coming weeks.”

Rettig cautioned people to keep an eye out because many payments under this round will be delivered by mail, and in precious relief rounds, some people threw checks away, thinking they were junk mail.

The Treasury stated that this batch of payments includes nearly 15 million paper checks and 5 million prepaid debit cards, which began processing on March 19 and will continue to be sent by mail over the next few weeks.

If, for some reason, eligible recipients don’t receive a third-round payment at all, then they can claim the stimulus money that they should have received as a Recovery Rebate credit on their 2021 income tax return, which won’t be filed until next year.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/house-democrats-raise-alarm-on-slow-stimulus-checks-to-social-security-recipients-and-others_3748960.html?utm_source=pushengage

The IRS has an online “Get My Payment” tool that people can use to see if their payment has been scheduled.

Every time I log into that app is says it doesn't have any information about my money. At least they could have it say that SS payments will be delayed until such and such a date!!!  :angry:

• Sad 2

I ran my data through just for curiosity and it said mine was deposited on the 24th. and it was. The last two checks were sent in the mail and this one was deposited. Don't know why the change but glad it was. Mail service isn't to be trusted. 

• Like 1