MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Best Buy

Jeepers

I just got an email from Best Buy. Starting today only employees are allowed in the stores. You can buy online or with their APP and the item will be brought out to your car curbside. Large appliances will be delivered to your door but not inside your home. 

All employees are there voluntarily with a temporary pay raise. 

How long before all stores are doing this? I don't see how most businesses are going to survive. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My daughter works at a truck stop n IL --just started 2 weeks ago-- and they are getting a temporary $2 an hour pay raise.  She says the rules change daily and apparently she is considered essential-- at least they gave her a paper to show if stopped.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Many of the stores in my area are starting to do this...I think Michaels is either going to or has already started it. It’s a way to adapt instead of going out of business.

• Like 2

We asked for something to show we are essential, to show police if we get stopped, going to and from work. We weren’t given anything. 

Our employer is so .... NOT together.

• Sad 2

I got a flashback to all those WWII movies of my childhood.  Old fashioned vehicle rolls to a stop, driver's window open.  Uniformed man [not a woman in that era] standing outside the car says:  "Papers?"

MtRider  :unsure: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I remember those movies well.  Hard to believe that it is coming to that again. It is just so hard to see how all this is going to play out. Trump was on TV and he really isn't saying anything he hasn't already said and for the life of me I can't understand why he bought up how he did with his businesses. What he did before becoming president has nothing to do with what is going on now. So we changed the station. To me he is campaigning when he does that and not sticking to the issue at hand. 

My grandson said a lot of stores where he works is closed. GNC sold all the vitamins out and they are now ordering daily. He is starting to understand more now how serious this mess is. I think also my daughter has finally gotten her head out of the sand.  She and her DH went to Walmart to shop for his parents. They had toilet paper with a limit and water with a limit. They asked the manager if they bought double the limit and paid as two orders could they buy it that they were buying for his elderly parents and themselves. So he told the cashier to ring it all together.  I was surprised that allowed that. So they got more groceries and bought some things for his parents and then came by our house to pick up some items I had for grandson.  I gave him the M & M's I had packaged for long term. Also fixed him up with the mac & cheese you just add water to and microwave. With his arm he could handle that. Gave him several cans of sardines as well as peach instant oatmeal. His favorite. Just things he can handle but mom or dad will have to open the sardines for him. Not a problem.  Gave daughter a quart of the cabbage soup before I had started canning it. She is the only one that eats it. 

OK I am rattling on now.  The subject is Best Buy.  I think they are doing the same thing here as well. Time for me to stay put and put a puzzle together.

• Like 3

Mt. Rider, I just said the same thing to son a few hours ago. I'm reminded of the books and shows I've watched about WWll about the victory gardens, food shortages, rationing, curfews and gasp...papers. 

Son's went out today and really stocked up. I'm relieved about that. 

• Like 4