MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Out from From Hurricane Harvey to Corona...but I'm back!

Hi, everyone! I've been out for a while. It's so great to see everyone continuing to Prep so hard. I'm excited to catch up on Mrs Survival! I'm on my way to work, but I will check in later.

Jeanette

:hi::bighug2:

• Like 3

Oh my gosh.......I have often WONDERED what's been going on for you, Jeanette!   I keep thinking of that vid you posted about the desalinator ....tried it out on your gulf water and exclaimed:  It's water!  :bev: 

Did you ever have to use your carefully constructed BOB/INCH/which-ever bags?   Is there stories that come from Hurricane Harvey??????  :o 

MtRider   :hi: 

:hi:  Long time no see.  

2 minutes ago, Mt_Rider said:

Oh my gosh.......I have often WONDERED what's been going on for you, Jeanette!   I keep thinking of that vid you posted about the desalinator ....tried it out on your gulf water and exclaimed:  It's water!  :bev: 

Did you ever have to use your carefully constructed BOB/INCH/which-ever bags?   Is there stories that come from Hurricane Harvey??????  :o 

^^^ What she said...

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Ohhhhhh...Mt_Rider...Harvey was a doozy on our peninsula. No power for 21 days, sleeping in hammocks, cooking outside, and grateful for every bit of stored food and water! Our whole house had to be gutted. Wearing my firearm 24/7...all the expected issues. We learned a ton, overall lost little and were safe during evacuation with the pups. Our preps were spot on for the situation and we had friends and Cajun Navy to help remove trees, etc. We inherited an extended family and became great friends with some of those people from St. Tammany Parish. The main takeaway is that during an emergency it's PEOPLE and LABOR that seems to be needed in natural disasters. We had so many friends trying to start a go fund me or try to send $$$, but we declined every time. We had everything we needed except for a large pool of people with strong backs and chainsaws. 

We stared at a massive pile of debris in front of every home for months. It was quite depressing to live that way for months... And it's taken years to become beautiful here again. There are still signs of loss, but the natural beauty came back. 

As far as my BOB...it's evolved some! I have been converting a 2014 Ram Promaster to my BOV, so my BOB and EDC go everywhere with me, plus some. I have MUCH to share about that super fun project in the future!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2