MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Kinda New....

Hi...I have not been here in many years and decided to check back in. My name was “A New Me” way back then if I remember correctly. I popped in a time or two but that was it. Life just got busy. I just submitted for a new membership and I’m currently waiting on approval. I didn’t realize I had this one set up...probably from when I popped in a time or two over the years. I wasn’t sure if everyone was still around but was hoping the site was still here. 

At the time we lived in a rural area and this site helped me learn to build a garden and can for the very first time. I have always had a prepper mentality but since we moved I have not “lived it” as faithfully until recently. I got the jump on the virus Since I watched things unfold in China online before much was said or known here and prepped Like crazy. Paid off....didn’t have to fight a soul for TP!!! LOL

In saying that...I don’t think things are going to get much better. Too much craziness and everything at one time WITH election around the corner. Our living situation is different and I knew that this was one place I could come to and find the info and come up with a common sense plan to play catch up and get as ready as possible. We now live in more of a suburban/city environment...in a neighborhood....30 minutes from a large major city. No gardens here.

Is Cat still here? What about Louis, Arby, And Mt Rider?? I look forward to hanging out and catching up if anyone is still around. We could delete the other membership request and I can just use this one. I couldn’t figure out how to find my old one

Edited by Asnow4sure
Correction
  • Like 5

Welcome back!  I remember you :)

I believe Arby changed her screen name, although, I can't remember it for the life of me! I believe Mt. Rider is still around. I haven't seen anything from Cat, but I may have just missed her posts. 

When I first joined this message board I lived in the city,  I didn't have a garden either, so I canned with food from the local fruit markets. 

Edited by kathy003
  • Like 3

Hi Asnow4sure.  :hi:

I remember the name. Glad you are rejoining. It sure is a mess out there isn't it.

Mt. Rider is still here and very active. Louis 1 still posts from time to time. Arby does mostly Facebook now I hear. I haven't seen her in a long time. She changed her user name to Sassquash (I know I spelled that wrong. Like Big Foot) and we called her Sass. I miss her too. I haven't seen Cat in over a year. I did send her a message last month but didn't hear anything back. I'd like to know how she is too. 

• Like 4

Welcome home, A New Me.  Arby changed her name to Sassenach, and then left us for Facebook.  Cat has computer issues, I think.  Louis stirs the pot here and there.  Mt Rider is here.

• Like 2

:hi:   Hi ANewMe ----> Asnow4sure!   Sure I remember you.  From time to time many of the formerly active members drop by.  It's always great to get an update.  Too bad you're garden-less in this era.  But...we can find ways to get around things, as Kathy003 mentions.  Good to hear you knew how to figure out the COVID potential early!  THAT'S what we're about!  As you can still find in Feb/March posts, MrsS was BUZZING about what to grab early and where to stock things or substitute for things running out.  And......none of us are confident that this siege is over yet.  :grinning-smiley-044:  

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 3

Thanks to Annarchy I was able to recover my old sign on! I am soooo glad y’all are still here and it is so good to be back!! Can’t wait to get things updated and look around and catch up.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Ambergris said:

Welcome home, A New Me.  Arby changed her name to Sassenach, and then left us for Facebook.  Cat has computer issues, I think.  Louis stirs the pot here and there.  Mt Rider is here.

Sassenach! That's it.  :blush:

Sassquash. I knew we called her Sass for a reason. I couldn't spell either 'Sass' word. 

I remember she liked the Scottish culture hence the word Saassenach. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1