MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Midnightmom

CAUTION: Unsolicited Seeds from China

Posted (edited)

More biological warfare from China???

CDFA statement on unsolicited seeds from China: ...In the meantime, CDFA is instructing residents not to open any unsolicited seed packets received and to contact their local county agricultural commissioner’s office. Seed packets should not be opened, shipped, or disposed of by residents in order to prevent potential dispersal of invasive species and/or quarantine pests. Unopened seed packets should be held by the resident or county official until further instructions are provided.

The USDA issued this statement:

From the USDA: “At this time, we don’t have any evidence indicating this is something other than a ‘brushing scam,’ where people receive unsolicited items from a seller who then posts false customer reviews to boost sales. USDA is currently collecting seed packages from recipients and will test their contents and determine if they contain anything that could be of concern to U.S. agriculture or the environment.” 

KCRA-TV

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Thanks 4

Yes, I was just reading about that and was coming over to post.

• Like 2

First I have heard about this. Another way for China to attack us i guess.   I just ordered open pollenated and Non GMO hybrid heirloom seed bank from Survival Essentials.  I will be checking these to see if they come from China but not looking like they did. I will be looking closer as I also have other seeds coming as well. These say to put in jar in freezer for long term use. It is over 100 different types of seeds as well as microgreens. I like that it gives you 3 different ways to store them with freezing being the longest term.

Oh good.  Glad you posted Midnight.  I was also thinking of posting about this.   A Trojan horse, of a sort?  These seeds are UNSOLICITED seeds that are just arriving.

MtRider  :thumbs: 

Are these seeds that people are ordering through the mail or just showing up in our mailboxes?

Littlesister, they are showing up unsolicited. Some of the packages are marked "Jewelry'.

• Like 1

Some are ordinary garden seeds of one kind or another, and some are very noxious weeds.

• Sad 1