MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It’s Update Time Again. 8/26/20

Annarchy, on the Kindle Fire there is an 'X' button that erases a letter at a time but no 'delete' button. 

I agree with not having a share button to go to an outside site. I'm not on any other social media sites and don't want to be. Of course, Jeepers isn't my real name. But savvy people could probably find me. Talk about a waste of time. I'm the least interesting person in the WWW. 

• Like 1

I'm not complaining at all!  In unread content, this thread goes all the way across.  Also in unread content, watcha doing today and coronavirus 2020 have the bar at the side.  Thought I was in an alternate universe.  LOL  Enjoy your weekend, Ann!  Don't worry about me.  Just seemed weird!

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

I'm not complaining at all!  In unread content, this thread goes all the way across.  Also in unread content, watcha doing today and coronavirus 2020 have the bar at the side.  Thought I was in an alternate universe.  LOL  Enjoy your weekend, Ann!  Don't worry about me.  Just seemed weird!

Yes, weird.  Thank you, Miki & MidnightMom, for letting me know.  I will have to issue a support ticket.  It won't let me remove the side block on those pages.  

• Like 2

Annarchy - a few issues to report.

First, here is a message from Mother.....

422D2F2B-EC02-4685-A95B-E875B0A1E36E.jpeg

Next: When I opened the site it didn't recognize me and I had to manually sign in. THEN, it said there was an issue and I think it said I didn't have "permission." BUT, at the bottom of the screen there was a notification that someone had reacted to one of my posts, and when I clicked on that it took me to the post and seemed to resolve and prior issues as to needing "permission."

Hope this helps you figure things out. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I need to work on the form in the morning.  Several thing are pending. :sigh:

I checked her status and everything seemed ok, except it didn’t show any activity, which it should have.  

Sometime I really dislike updates/upgrades.

Speaking of upgrades, we have another one already.  Maybe to fix their glitches?  I can hope.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is anyone else missing? 

MtRider  ......I'M not touching any new buttons  :grinning-smiley-044:   Well...maybe just the 3-Dots

Oh good!  I just tried the 3 dots to get edit.  It worked!  THANK YOU, Annarchy...for allll the work to keep MrsS up and connecting all of us.

:bighug2:

Edited by Mt_Rider
testing, 123 testing LOL
  • Like 1
On 9/6/2020 at 1:07 AM, Jeepers said:

I use the light Gray screen and find it easy on my eyes.

Speaking of themes, they can't be changed by the user now. 

Never mind. User error. User error. I clicked on wrong link. I clicked on "Copyright-Theme By TPP Themes" instead of just "Theme"  :sEm_blush:

BTW I use the theme called GreyChrome.

• Confused 1

Okay, I can get this reply box on my desk top computer but not my iPad????   So not feeling quite so left out LOL.   I've always replied in the past from my iPad.  Any suggestions for that?  

:bighug2:

• Like 1

Mother, I had to clear my history, on my iPad, once when I was having problems.  Another thing you might try, if you haven’t already, turning your pad sideways. IDK if that will help.  Let me know if you’re still getting errors.

I use my iPad, most of the time.  Light weight, portable & easy to use.  But, for updating our site, I use my desktop.  :pc_coffee:  JIC there is an issue.

• Like 1

FYI, using the other themes, you may run into glitches, they said the themes are ‘out of date’& the designers have not updated them.

Hopefully, when I get time to browse, I want to find comparable themes to replace our old ones.  Plus, Darlene mentioned, quite a while ago, changing the Basic Tan theme, which was the original colors.  But, we never got into it, because she got so very busy.  

• Like 2

I am still using the "tan" format. The newer ones remind me too much of FB, and I am being dragged into the new FB format kicking and screaming all the way. Unfortunately, I'm about to lose the war and will HAVE to learn how to use the new whatcha-ma-call-its and icons, etc - even though I DON'T WANT TO!

:tapfoot::angry::gaah::banghead:

• Like 1

Hope we don't lose the GrayChrome one. Its the only one that doesn't strain my eyes. 

I'm with Midnightmom, don't make me try something new. I'm having my own issues. Many of the sites I go to now, especially on Youtube, doesn't recognize Internet Explorer any more. Yeah, I'm the one still using I.E.  So I'm trying out Firefox, Chrome and Edge. So far Edge is winning. It looks the most like I.E.and has all my saved sites the way I.E. does. I knew it was coming but I'm still not happy. 

• Sad 1