MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Messing With the System

:hi:

This time, it's me.

I'm in the process of finding errors and trying to fix them.  Soooo... if I break something, please let me know.  :sSig_help2:

On the serious side of things, we have old skins in use, that have not been updated, nor to my knowledge can be updated, since the 'coder' that created them is no longer making Themes.  Sorry.  I will do what I can.  The system had me run a check, all turned out well, except... the old themes are throwing errors.  Nothing serious, you can still use them, but, be aware that there might be a glitch or two. here or there.

On the bright side.... see: 

• Thanks 1

Thank you, so much, Dee.  I’m trying. Or, like DH says, “Very trying.”  Lol

Actually, I am working on a theme/skin, muted, more colorful, less eye stressful, than the bright blue & white, or, than, as Darlene says, ‘not the depressing brown’. 

:hug3:

19 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I noticed there is no option for signing in anonymously now. 

Me too.  I can't find any place where I can select/enable that option, since the upgrade.  Still looking.  :pc_coffee:

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, The WE2's said:

Noticed that also Jeepers. Is it always anonymous now?

If you were signed anonymous before the update it stays that way. But I ran a clean up on my own computer and deleted all of my old history and cookies. So I had to re-sign in here. That's when I noticed the option to sign in anonymously was gone. 

3 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

If you were signed anonymous before the update it stays that way. But I ran a clean up on my own computer and deleted all of my old history and cookies. So I had to re-sign in here. That's when I noticed the option to sign in anonymously was gone. 

You were/are still anonymous, when I checked just now.  I will keep looking for it.

Thanks for the chat box Annarchy.  Still having problems with my iPad though.  I still can't reply to any post with it and the chat box just keeps loading though I can do both of those things on my desk top, thankfully.  

:hug3:

• Thanks 1

Mother, have you cleared your browser history on your iPad?  

Mine is the 5th generation, Ver. 13.7. I have to clear my history occasionally when it starts to glitch/do odd things.  

I will check the forum settings again, specifically for iOS (Apple) systems.

Just an FYI, on the Kindle Fires 8 and 10 I can see the chat box in the horizontal position (landscape) but not in the vertical position (portrait) position. It's probably because of the size of the Kindle screen and not related to this site. So, if if anyone can't see it you might try rotating your device. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Annarchy, my iPad is OLD.  Version 9.3.5.  It can't even be updated further than that I understand so I'm not surprised it doesn't work well with the site.  Still, it did fine before the update and I miss using it for Mrs. S.  I use it far more than I use my desk top for almost everything.  Eventually I will need to get a new version and probably relegate this one for use as a reader but it's like an old friend LOL.  

I really do appreciate all you do for the site.  I wouldn't begin to know where to start with it.  Thank you so much.  

:bighug2:

14 hours ago, Mother said:

Annarchy, my iPad is OLD.  Version 9.3.5.  It can't even be updated further than that I understand so I'm not surprised it doesn't work well with the site.  Still, it did fine before the update and I miss using it for Mrs. S.  I use it far more than I use my desk top for almost everything.  Eventually I will need to get a new version and probably relegate this one for use as a reader but it's like an old friend LOL. 

Mine is 2 years old and fully updated.  That’s what I was using when I said earlier that it seemed to work fine on my iPad. That could be a possibility. 

On 10/7/2020 at 12:04 PM, Jeepers said:

Just an FYI, on the Kindle Fires 8 and 10 I can see the chat box in the horizontal position (landscape) but not in the vertical position (portrait) position. It's probably because of the size of the Kindle screen and not related to this site. So, if if anyone can't see it you might try rotating your device. 

I just re-read this. I meant the Kindle in the horizontal/vertical position not me. I generally remain in the upright or supine position. I have on occasion rotated myself.  :24: