MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Opinions wanted/needed. Is this just another "scam?"

Yes, I am going to ask you to watch and "infomercial." It's not very long (in relation to the size of some), but I like what he said about the value of your time, and storing your wealth in FOOD instead of paper money, silver, or even gold. (Sneak preview - the ingredient in the Civil Defense "super food" is BULGAR.)

Do you think he is off his rocker (not literally - since he IS sitting in one) or do you think this is just another scam?

(The price for the book and the two additional reports is $37)

https://thelostsuperfoods.com/book/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=t11-lsf-l1-la1-5-stack-broad-cbo-092720&utm_term=l1-la1-ic-pur-mf-us-30up&utm_content=img-foodstorage-collage-v1-copy71-h54-180157946954372 - Copy&fbclid=IwAR2k2HSMY_fjVykPQCD1pldKH1JVs5f1gDJ11zmwrw13hioH2US9DOWu46o

• Like 2

I LOVE historical cooking.  It is my main hobby.  

Not so much a scam, but the information is free and easy to find elsewhere.  You could get the book to have the info all in one place, but I'd take the $37 and invest in some old cookbooks instead.  The rest of the info is easy to find on the internet with a 2m search and I recognize almost everything he is advertising.

I've eaten lot of bulgar--its an acquired taste and it needs refrigeration after cooking just like everything else--ie rice, wheat berries, etc.

The bread with holes shown is hardtack.  You can find it in any old recipe book.

Leningrad survived by starving and adding sawdust and plaster to flour, not with any superfood.  They ate dirt and killed each other over half rations.

Clove oil is said to be healthy and the next pic is either polenta or ghee.  Either of which is easy to make.

The next pic is comfit which is basically cured meat stored under a layer of lard.  Duck, goose, pork, turkey are common.

Bannock bread is Cree and basically a fritter.  

Not sure what civil war food he means unless it is johnny bread or maggoty hard tack which they often ate b/c maggots = protein.

Salted, waxed cheese lasts a long time at (cool) room temperatures

Probiotic = sauerkraut or kimchee.

Coated meat is salted and smoked.  Like a Smithfield ham.  (I live 30m from Smithfield so we get them cheaper here. )

Fermented soup....pickled soup enough said.  Can it.

Ninja superfood is siukatsugan which is the Japanese equivalent of Native American pemmican.

Pocket soup was extremely common 200+ years ago.  Basically you make broth and dehydrate it.  Its the equivalent of bullion.  

Vikings smoked and salted fish.

You can make bread with pine or birch bark and it is DEFINATELY a 'I'm ready to eat dirt' hungry taste.  Too much can cause cramps.

Barley was common in Medieval times and so were oat groats.  

You can store eggs in waterglass or pickle them.  

I could keep going but, but this is longer than I thought.  Highlights:

Canned Hamburger casserole

Paneer

Tuna in roux gravy over homemade noodles

Can, salt, or smoke your frozen items if power goes out.

Jerky

Dehydrated fruit puree

Homemade pasta sauce

salted pork

glass jar method only works in extremely low humidity areas its basically a mason jar with a paper towel in it.

homemade chili

pemmican

(ad to buy overpriced book)

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Stalingrad survived in large part by cannibalism.  They sent through troops to shoot the packs of feral children known to be living on human flesh, and then shot those troops.  (The woman I spoke to said most of the cleanup troops willingly turned in their rifles and stood in line to die.)

Along with what Euphrasyne said, note that uncooked bulgar does not last as long as wheat berries.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It is not a scam, but yes you can find a lot of the recipes on line.  I have a few of the hard tack recipes and I think some of the others but haven't looked at my notebook for them in a good while.  You could get the book and then have everything right there at your fingertips though. That would be nice. But I just print mine off as i find them and have them in a notebook labeled survival foods. 

• Like 1

Whoa....Euphrasyne!  You've got this topic!  :) 

I've collected "ancient" recipes too.  Have tried making some of them.  Probably not as much practice as I should....considering how handy this skill could be some day. 

MtRider  :cook:     ....and I keep collecting more of them. 

• Like 3

I should organize mine.  I keep meaning to.  You know that Round Tuit?  I have gone as far as collecting some extra-wide three-ring binders and hole-punch paper, but left the laser printer behind in the move when not everything was brought out of that room (long story).  Have a new laser printer now, but can't make it work.  :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I have a few that still need to go into the binder.  But that is on the back burner for now. They are sitting in the binder loose though. But needs to be put in so I don't loose them. 

I am finally finding things that DH will eat. For some reason he just doesn't want to eat veggies much anymore. I think his taste is changing with all that has happened with his illness along with the new meds he is on.   Maybe I should start trying out some of the old timey recipes on him. I get the practice making them and he can eat it. I hope.

• Like 4

You can puree veggies into the sauce to help stuff a few in if needed.  Fruits, peppers, tomatoes, and carrots are fairly easy to make into meat sauces that most people like.  

• Like 3