MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's That Time Of Year Again

8 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I'll admit it, that long Q-tip scares the stuffings out of me. I've been poked, prodded and probed but never up the nose. Kinda reminds me of how the Egyptians removed the brain when they embalmed. Or a lobotomy. There's some happy thoughts. 

Hubby insists that my sinuses must have been deadened by all the sinus infections, because I said it basically felt like when you inhale pepper and have to sneeze.  It's pretty much the same reflex.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I'll admit it, that long Q-tip scares the stuffings out of me. I've been poked, prodded and probed but never up the nose. Kinda reminds me of how the Egyptians removed the brain when they embalmed. Or a lobotomy. There's some happy thoughts. 

Been tested twice now; it's NOT fun. Set off my gag reflex and stung quite a bit. Skill of the nurse matters, too...first one took 3 tries.

• Sad 2

I have never had that test done. At least not yet.  They did have places set up here where you could get it, but you had to have been around someone with it or have some sort of symptoms. So I didn't pass the rules for getting on.  DH has had it done 3 times already because of surgery and one of the hospital stays. He said for him it wasn't that bad.  I think some of it is how the person doing the test is. I have seen some where they are rather rough giving that test.  But I figure if DH was negative then I am ok also. 

I had a mandatory test when I had my baby last month.  The hospital experience was horrible, but the covid test wasn't bad.  It was a bit like having water up my nose while swimming.  If you've ever used a neti pot, it felt about the same as when the water starts going back.  

• Like 1