MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

"Misery is a Choice"

I am so saddened by these posts.:sad-smiley-012:  It is true that everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  I am not refuting that but why is this content in the Within These Pages forum? I have seen first hand what the consequences of arguing politics on this web site can be.  It is one of the reasons I've been gone from here. When I returned I was proud to find the restraint the members had exerted through these horrible times.  I am saddened because this site has given us all a wonderful opportunity to help others be prepared, to teach preparedness for all types of disasters, to teach tolerance, and yes, even to help mend the country through our own interaction with others. This thread was a positive and helpful one. Now it has been somehow devalued. 

I am no longer a moderator here but I'm asking you as a long time member who really cares about Darlene and this site she has opened to us to please take these issues to the Edge where they might be more appropriate.  Each of us can then choose to go there if we desire.  Even then, I ask that you remember the dangers that might come from careless words even in the Edge.   

I care about you all. :grouphug:

• Like 1

Mother, I am so sorry if I have affended anyone. It was not meant to happen like that. It was something that I just felt I needed to say. And yes I should have thought about going to the edge but didn't think about it at the time.  I do not want you, Dee or anyone else to leave the forum, so instead I will just go ahead and leave. No hard feelings. Just that when I feel a need to say something it just happens sometimes. Though what I said above to me was not a political statement and sorry that it was taken that way. If someone can remove it to the edge or just remove it then that is fine with me. But for now because of upsetting the 2 of you I am going to just leave the forum. Maybe that way things will just go back to normal.  I did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings or anything but since it appears that I did. I will just leave. 

I do care about everyone on here. I will keep everyone here in prayer. And above all stay save from the virus.

Little Sister you don't need to leave.  I'm sure no one wants that.  Just learn from this post and keep on posting.  You're a part of this board as much as anyone but Mother and I have both seen what politics and religion can do here.  Your  opinion on politics and religion are not everyone else's so, it's best to keep your opinions to yourself.

Stay here and let's all keep being friends and good neighbors.  :hug3:

• Like 1

Little Sister. This is not about leaving or staying.  This is about retaining the integrity of this board so that we can help ALL who feel the need to be prepared.    You are intelligent and well read.  You have knowledge and experiences we can all learn from and above all you know how important it is that we stand together in these chaotic times.  

Perhaps a moderator could move these controversial posts to the Edge or perhaps to one of the forums where we can talk about the End Times and the conversation can continue there.  :hug3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Littlesister, please don't leave. You are a valuable member here too. Nerves are frayed and we need to stick together and help each other. No body needs to leave! Let's all just be mindful of each other's opinions and beliefs and feelings. Social media is shutting down sites for controversial (whatever that is) posts so I guess we do need to be careful what we say. Please...no one leave!

• Like 2

Jeepers, I am staying but going to limit where I post from now on. I don't mean upset anyone on here. I was leaving because I didn't want Mother or Dee or anyone else to leave.  I will only stay if no one leaves because of my post. I won't be stating anything going on though there are some things happening that I got on USA alerts today. But I am not going to post any of it. Just beware and watch the news. I am sure it will be on there tonight. 

Again, Mother and Dee I am sorry for upsetting the two of you with that post.  And I hope you don't leave because if you do, then I am out of here as well.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Jeepers, I am staying but going to limit where I post from now on. I don't mean upset anyone on here. I was leaving because I didn't want Mother or Dee or anyone else to leave.  I will only stay if no one leaves because of my post. I won't be stating anything going on though there are some things happening that I got on USA alerts today. But I am not going to post any of it. Just beware and watch the news. I am sure it will be on there tonight. 

Again, Mother and Dee I am sorry for upsetting the two of you with that post.  And I hope you don't leave because if you do, then I am out of here as well.

I used to be a moderator and go back to 1999 when Dar bought the site. All of you are staying!!  😂. 🤪

The next few days leading up to the inauguration may be dark and chaotic. Each of you bring a specialized skill/gift to the table that the rest of us may need/want. We're family and need to have one another's back. I have read great compassion/caring in each of your posts especially when you apologize or refraise what you said. It's a joy being a part of this group. We learn and move on. No feelings hurt on the part of anyone.  😉

Geeez, I'm starting to sound like Dar and said I would never do that.  🤪

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Homesteader, I think we have everything settled now. I am staying.  Just didn't know about past history on here. Now I do and understand better what upset people. So I am being much more careful now what I post. 

Thank you for the kind words and you are so right about being a family and needing each other in these dark days. I think we need to up our skill levels over the next few weeks. If anyone has seen the news N. Korea is showing it's ugly head again. And after the USA alert I got today we best be learning more about EMP's. I am going to hunt down my book on it and see what it says and post it for anyone thinking about getting things ready for what I hope doesn't happen. 

I haven't seen the news this evening as I was finishing up the barbeque and now waiting for the pressure cooker to go down. But it said the National power grid in Pakistan went down. Large portions of the country is without electricity following damage to key transmission line. Not sure what that means and was hoping to hear something on the national news today as to what happened but got busy and never heard. Maybe someone on here has seen it on the news. 

• Like 2