MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I am just tired

We have had so much happen this last year and I was hoping this year would be better but so far no. I am just so tired. I have 3 special needs children and things just keep coming at us. Oh well 1 day at a time

• Like 8

I am mentally tired so far.  Physically, I have plenty of energy but with everything going on (including DH's friend in jail and we have his dog still, over a month now), I'm feeling strained.  And with my neighbor friend passing away a few days ago.  It's a lot to process!  

I'm sorry you are starting off the year tired and I pray it will get better for all of us!  

• Sad 5

Yeah, a new year but the residuals carry over with last year's issues.  Nothing changes when we put up a new calendar.  But...eventually things resolve and new issues and challenges appear.  'Tis life and is natural.  If we can remember "This too, shall pass" I think it helps keep things in perspective.  Helps somewhat.  Some times are just very, very hard.  :( 

Hugs to Zzellle and Miki and all who have a heavy burden(s) right now.  I hear ya!! 

MtRider  :pray: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

:grouphug:Group hugs all the way around.  Hoping everyone will have better days ahead. I know all to well how hard it can be to get both physically and mentally tired. Makes it hard to keep going with things that need to be done and with time maybe running out on preparing for how this country may turn out. Seems like a guessing game of what will happen next.  But we all need to look on the bright side as things are bound to get better in one way or the other. Lots to look forward to.  Calling DH's therapist on Monday. Things with that leg has to start working so he can walk and get up on his own much better. My body is going to wear out trying to help him up to his walker. I am feeling it in both neck and hip now. So time to get him moving. 

One of the reason's I decided to take a couple of months to just relax. No news other than weather. Though DH will be watching some of that. I can just get what I need to know from him.  Well we have had dinner early tonight, so going to go read for a while. DH is fully settled in. So I now have some time to myself. 

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

:grouphug:Hugs to you zzelle and everyone else. I’m feeling the same way. I’ve had a few days of just not wanting to get out of bed. But...we have to keep on moving for our families.

Edited by dogmom4
  • Like 4

We buried our little cat Saturday.  She had always been frail, and had lost a leg a few years ago, and had recently gone blind.  It was time.  The other female cat keeps going around looking for her, though.

• Sad 6

Ambergris, I am so sorry for your loss.  Pets are like family and it's so sad when one goes on to pet heaven. Your other kitty is missing that one but will bounce back in a week or so.  I've been there.  Had a kitty that would not eat for a week when our dog passed. He thought the dog was his mother. Stuck to that dog like glue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the loss of your little one Ambergris.  We lost two long time pets in less than a week just after Christmas.  Gone but certainly not forgotten.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
  • 3 weeks later...

It is horrible to lose a pet we lost 2 this year. I am just getting to the point where I don't want to get out of bed or go to work. I love my job but I just don't feel like doing anything anymore. I don't know what it is. I don't know if it is if it is like I don't feel like I don't matter. There is just so much stuff going on and I am wore out mentally and just so hard to keep going. I do though for my family. I would do anything for them.

• Sad 5
3 hours ago, zzelle said:

I do though for my family. I would do anything for them.

Sometimes we know what is bringing us down.  Sometimes our feelings just don't make any sense that we can discern.  But if we have even one important thing to hang onto....one thing that makes us feel positive.....HANG ONTO THAT with all your strength and determination. 

MtRider  :pray:   for all who are in pain and discouragement. 

• Like 5

I think this corvid virus, the elections and what has been going on for the past 4 years with the left attacking the right and so forth. Fake news, rising prices both in grocery stores and now at the pump, etc. Has played on everyone. I think we are all tired now of all of it. And trying to keep ahead of everything so we will know how to prep for hard times. It's a wonder any of us want to get out of bed. I for one am ready to crawl under the bed and not come out. 

Zzelle, hang in there, you are not alone in the being tired area. I think most of us are worn out. It has been a long hard year for most of us. Praying that things will get better soon.  :pray: .  Just take it one day at a time and remember God is in control.  

• Like 5

The volatility of our lives now is VERY tiring.  I had been feeling kinda down and wondering why, but I just let 'er cook at the back of my mind a few days and BINGO my answer popped out (surprising how well the subconscious problem analyzer works...).  I had been mourning the loss of personal spontenaity.  You know, that thing where you can just pick up and go do something just because you want to, on the spur of the moment.  With my health history though, I cant just scoot out and do something wild and crazy for fun..  

I have to consider if I will need to pack meds, CPAP, canes, extra water, food (restaurants are too high sodium and too :wacko: expensive now).  So every trip is now planned, and i missed that spur of the moment spontenaiety and the feeling of freedom it brought.  Funny thing, now that I put my finger on what was "bumming me out" it quit bothering me.  I just schedule more loosely to allow for some impulse gratification, too.  

May all troubles be so easily solved....

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 7

I know that missing piece very well, Kappy.  I hit that .....decades early, also due to health issues.  DH used to tease me about hauling more stuff to sustain me safely than a new mom with a baby's bag.  Pffft, same thing.  :shrug:

As much as possible, I keep some things in the vehicle(s).  If our intense heat/cold doesn't make it impossible. 

The next layer is my 'Town Bag', pre-positioned on shelf right by the door.  Contains the stuff that can sit there but can't survive the hot/cold in vehicle.  [also, obviously would be a primary part of my BugOut stuff and kept close to me in an EVAC.]

Then.....cuz my cognitive reliability went out at the same time as physical....I have a large print LIST right by the Town Bag.  That's for the stuff I must collect and pack each time I leave to go anywhere....bags at the ready!

...ice and gel packs for hyperthermia

...just added inhaler this past year  JIC   :buttercup: 

...peppermint gum to clear breathing so I don't need inhaler

...canes, wheelchair, whatever   [I keep a spare cane in each vehicle -yes, after decades, I can forget]

...WATER ....cuz arid CO and hyperthermia

...Kindle

Until you mentioned it, Kappy......I haven't thot of THAT kind of spontaneity for decades.  :whistling:   Course...since I'm an incurable pack rat, mebbe I never did run out the door :hapydancsmil:  with just the keys?????  

MtRider ...the point being tho....good you found your source and dealt with it!  :thumbs:  :thumbs: 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, kappydell said:

I have to consider if I will need to pack meds, CPAP, canes, extra water, food (restaurants are too high sodium and too :wacko: expensive now).  So every trip is now planned, and i missed that spur of the moment spontenaiety and the feeling of freedom it brought.  

Funny thing is, that's what I've said I miss the most about being able to eat gluten.  I can't just go with the flow and eat whatever, wherever, and whenever.

• Like 5

It's what I've said about a lot of things that have come into my life.  Eating gluten free is just one of the challenges but combine it with the other food sensitivities I have and it is really multiplied to me taking my own food wherever I go, not an easy task.  But as each new ailment/malady/curtailment (like Covid) has come along I've managed to adapt my expectation of spontaneity until I am more like Mt_R.  I keep doubles of most of what I might need and have each vehicle outfitted as far as possible and my Big purse carries the rest continuously except for perhaps the addition of food or fresh water.  It's not as bad as it sounds because everyone should have their version of a bug out bag and my bag is outfitted with all the things anyone might need in a bug out situation.   

• Like 4

I have been giving all this for Dh and myself some thought.  Dh started getting sick 4 months before we even knew about the Corona virus. So in 2019 when I started noting something  about Dh wasn't right. I had started going with him to the market to help him cook collards as he just wasn't right. Also made doctor appts for him from 3 different types of doctors.  Then in 2020 when the corona virus hit. Dh really started going down to point of ER visits, hospital, more ER visits and 2 surgeries later, we have been stuck in house other than a doctor visit and me going only to pickup RX's and groceries as needed. No garden last year, yard sales nothing. Just staying home and none of it was from the corvid virus. Sometimes I wonder if God was in this mix to keep us home.  No more cooking collards as that stopped in March because he couldn't do it any longer so no more going to market. And of course that keep me home with no going out to yard sales or other places we used to go. Not even church but that was shut down for a while and now for past several months it is in the car only and on Facebook.  So no going to just sit in car to hear our preacher and at least wave to our church family. Though we do all talk on phone. Just not the same as being with them all. 

For me it seems like this virus never even existed, though I know it does. And yes I do take the precautions when I go to store. But that is not what forced us to stay home.  I think sometimes did God do this to keep us home for a reason.  The Corona virus or another reason.. Just don't know. I just pray for DH to get better though I know that is not going to happen. And it could be that even if the virus didn't happen this with Dh could still have happened and just coincidental.  We have now stayed home since March of last year and I am thinking through all of 2021 will be the same for us. I am very tired, my muscles are hurting between my rib cage and that is worse than having my back hurt. Then with my arthritic hands, makes it very hard to do things and get Dh from point A to point B.  Thinking maybe I should have talked to his family doctor about home health 3 or 4 months ago.  Got this far helping him but now I am wearing out. 

Seems everything going on in this world, pandemics, wars and rumors of wars.  Civil unrest coming, EMP's to think about and trying to prepare for that. That has been on the news as well as forums. Our taxes, utilities, gas at the pump, groceries, medicines, and everything else that is going up is enough to make anyone both physically and mentally tired.  I think today is one of those days that I just feel both. But I know I must keep going for Dh. Doctor is putting into home health to stay with Dh so I can have a day off. One of my friends said on that day to come to her house and she has a bedroom all ready for me to just go into a sleep.  Sounds good to me. Might take her up on that. 

I am praying for everyone on here and many others as well as my prayer list is getting longer with church members and friends that are also ill. Not from Corona virus but heart issues, etc.  Put all the people all over the world that have this virus, I am praying for as well as for our country to repent and turn from it's wicked ways. I am no longer praying for our country but for it to repent. Jesus is the only way out of this mess. Without repentance we as a country will go down.  :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I think everyone is feeling weary. This weekend son and DIL took the weekend off to go back to our hometown just to hang out, look around and decompress. Son said it did a world of good for both of them to get away together. He said they could actually talk. Other g'ma stayed at their house with the little one and the dogs. He said they planned to do something like that every 3 months or so. Even if they had to go in the back yard and just stay in the camper.  :grinning-smiley-044:

I think everyone needs a break right now. You can only stay cooped up so long in the same place with the same people for just so long. 

• Like 6
  • 5 months later...

You are so right about that Jeepers. I had no choice during the pandemic last year as I couldn't have left the house pandemic or not with Dh being so sick. I was thinking after things settle down around here, making a trip to see daughter in NC. But going to a hotel and staying for one or two nights just to be alone to read my books, and just get away from it might be a good thing also.  My granddaughter in CA wants me and my grandson and granddaughter and her husband in Washington state wants us all to come stay with her for a week or two next year if things aren't shut down again and the pandemic isn't bad. I hope it will be over by then, but then we have the democrats. They might need another crises to do their dirty work behind. 

• Like 1