MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

No More....

It isn’t my job, I’m here to keep MrsSurvival on line.  However, given the political climate in our country, at this present time, I am asking, PLEASE, NO MORE politics, PLEASE!

DH has been giving me updates on the country’s status.  They are monitoring, banning, and shutting down social media....  nuf said.

• Like 7

Topics & opinions that may reflect badly on MrsSurvival, will be subject to editing, deletion, and or banning.

I understand that tempers and emotions are running high, but that is no reason for rude or disrespectful behavior, and will not be tolerated. 

• Like 4

Usually everyone here has been around long enough to remember ...we have differing opinions.  :grouphug:  It is a time of transition and with 2020 melding right into 2021, a lot of new turmoil is possible. 

Which means......WE ALL need to recharge our goals for getting and staying prepared ......to Go Solo - without stores [or even AMAZON??? ]   if we have more odd things pop up like the whole of last year.  :behindsofa: 

With social media wiping out access ......there are things here at MrsS about being wary :tinfoilhatsmile:  that we DO INDEED need to be :tinfoilhatsmile: about now.  :sigh:   That tin Foil lil' guy has been used for years in fun.  Maybe....it's not fun anymore.  It is so VERY easy to panic/insult ANYONE anymore.  It would be a tragedy if someone somewhere decided all us ladies [and occasional gents] are somehow counter productive to some else's goals.  :scratchhead:  :shrug:  

Annarchy is right.  There IS a lot of banning suddenly.  And a few folks [whose bank accounts are probably beyond the sum total of all of ours put together and multiply by 1, 000...], seem to have the power to do that.  

How vulnerable are we, Annarchy?  ARE we playing in someone's "sandbox" that could make all our data and good times .....all go *ZAP* ????  Who are we tied to???   Might want to answer that "down under" ..... 

MtRider   :sigh: 

• Like 5

I've been reading where a lot of websites have been shut down too. Especially the 'prepping' type sites. Even an entire platform, that rhymes with dollar, was shut down. 

Here's the thing, if any of my posts fall into the 'that' category then I give permission to any mod to remove them. Period. Or if anyone else sees one of my posts that I need to remove, then message me. None of my posts warrant the banning of this website. 

• Like 2

Yes, Jeepers, my posts too. It's easy to say what's on our minds when we feel safe and secure like we do here at Mrs. S.  But we must be careful to keep the site safe and secure.  

• Like 3

I agree with all of you.  Things have changed. I have been watching the news more today and reading the paper. This does not surprise me with everything that has been going on for years.  I have shut down Twitter, Instagram and working on Facebook as that is the one I use the most. Checking on things I might want to save before shutting that down.  I really don't think any forum no matter how private it seems to be will be safe any longer. I am thinking we will be at a point where we need to be careful how we prep and things. Just stick to gardening, canning, recipes and things like that. Nothing that makes anyone think of what we are doing for hard times.  It is now past time we all be very careful.  I for one am going to be thinking twice before I post anything, as I have been know to post without really thinking about it first. That won't happen again.  I just don't think politics will be the only thing we will need to watch. Seems there is also a watch list for words that would raise a red flag now. So we really have to watch that as well.

• Like 4

Not only are individual accounts being taken down but some platforms that host websites too. The hosting site I mentioned above was shut down and over 70 thousand websites were gone in the blink of an eye. I've never had any social media accounts at all. None. I've only posted here and the dog site I go to. As much as I watch Youtube, I don't have an account there either so I've never been able to comment on anyone's video. My only tracer, that I know of, is Amazon. Amazon who took down that afore mentioned hosting site. 

Dogmom, I don't know what is safe and what isn't anymore. 

• Like 4

Jeepers I am with you on that. when my Amazon account ends soon I am not going to renew it. I am letting that go as well. I also watch U-Tube but no account. Only 2 forms at this time and the other one is the organic prepper. There are men on there and you can guess what they like to talk about. So thinking of closing out on that. Not sure yet. I am just watching the news for now and going to reduce my carbon footprint as much as possible by shutting down as much as possible. I do have a gift card for amazon, so need to go ahead and use that now.

• Like 1

Dogmom4,  I don't have an answer to your hypothetical question but perhaps Annarchy could tell us.  But does it really make any difference if it is?   This panic I feel here is not helping us any.  Ask yourself these questions?  ARE we planning on fighting the government? Are we lining up to do bodily harm to anyone?  Are we really anything but what we've always been, people who are and always have been concerned about being prepared for any eventuality, no matter what that might be? We've had a lot of dissention in the past over politics but that is not who we are now.  Individually we have opinions but we do not have to air them here. To me that is not who Mrs. S really is.  She is a school. She is a comfort to those who are unsure what they need to do. She is a home for those of us who just want to take care of our families.  I see no reason we can't continue to discuss reasons for and ways and means to do that.  

The government is concerned with the security of the country and we can all understand that. For years they have been asking us to be better prepared and they still have their website Ready.gov for ways to do that.  It's true we carry our preps a bit further but we really ARE law abiding citizens (will at least I am :laughkick:) who have come together to help each other make it through the tough times.  We can still do that but we also need to face the fact that TEOTWAWKI is here. We are living it and it's time to live our preps. Now is not the time to panic. 

I am reminded of an old Native American story I was once told.  It's about Rabbit.  Rabbit is sometimes, according to legend, called the Fear Caller. He goes out and shouts, "Eagle, I am afraid of you."  If Eagle doesn't hear him, Rabbit calls louder, "Eagle, stay away from me!"  Eagle, now hearing Rabbit, comes and eats him. Rabbit medicine people are so afraid of tragedy, illness, disaster, and 'being taken', that they call those very fears to them. 

Instead of calling our fears to us (the PTB taking our safe place away from us) we'd be better off to go on quietly helping each other to be better prepared IF the Eagle comes. If the Eagle doesn't hear our fears he won't bother us.  We could put our energy into gleaning what we can from this wonderfully informative site and putting that knowledge to work for us. We should continue to help each other, remembering to be thoughtful and respectful in our wording.   If by some chance our wonderful safe haven of sanctity and education is closed down it won't be the end of the world, just the beginning of us using our preps as they were originally intended. We have always known that could be a possibility.   IF the FB page is still up we can always meet there. If not, you need only to remember what you DID learn here and keep the faith.  

:grouphug:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Mother said:

IF the FB page is still up we can always meet there. If not, you need only to remember what you DID learn here and keep the faith.  

As of the moment it is still there. I am hoping that should FB decide that I think to much for myself and that I share too much controversial information on my personal homepage, that they will only ban ME from being an admin on the page (like they did to Ron Paul) but that it will stay up because Cat is also listed as an admin.

In case no one knows about the page, it is a PRIVATE group: that is, it can't be "found" by searching FB for it - you HAVE to be invited to be in it. In order to be invited you need to be FB friends with either myself or Cat. If you want to send me a friend request in order to be invited to the "Friends of MrsS" FB Group, MY FB page is https://www.facebook.com/patricia.clayborn.1/   

BTW- just because we will be "friends," you can choose to "unfollow" me so you don't see the stuff I share on my personal page but will still have access to the MrsS back-up group. :behindsofa:

• Like 2

I'm not worried about what Amazon might track. I've bought enough household goods and baby/toddler stuff over the years to not be considered a threat to anyone. I've said it here before many times; I'm preparing for my old age and any illness I might face. I'm 68 and aging quickly. I plan to be comfortable in my own home without being a burden on any one else. As much as I can.  I'm a prepper not a survivalist. 

• Like 3