MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ordering a Pizza in 2021

TheCG

Funny, but :behindsofa:

(Don't even ask how they got a whole wheat gluten-free crust.  Must be some of that GMO wheat...)

Found on a friend's Facebook page...

CALLER: Is this Pizza Hut?
GOOGLE: No sir, it's Google Pizza.
CALLER: I must have dialed a wrong number, sorry.
GOOGLE: No sir, Google bought Pizza Hut last month.
CALLER: OK. I would like to order a pizza.
GOOGLE: Do you want your usual, sir?
CALLER: My usual? You know me?
GOOGLE: According to our caller ID data sheet, the last 12 times you called you ordered an extra-large pizza with three cheeses, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and meatballs on a thick crust.
CALLER: Super! That’s what I’ll have.
GOOGLE: May I suggest that this time you order a pizza with ricotta, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and olives on a whole wheat gluten-free thin crust?
CALLER: What? I don’t want a vegetarian pizza!
GOOGLE: Your cholesterol is not good, sir.
CALLER: How the hell do you know that?
GOOGLE: Well, we cross-referenced your home phone number with your medical records. We have the result of your blood tests for the last 7 years.
CALLER: Okay, but I do not want your rotten vegetarian pizza! I already take medication for my cholesterol.
GOOGLE: Excuse me sir, but you have not taken your medication regularly. According to our database, you purchased only a box of 30 cholesterol tablets once at CVS Pharmacy, 4 months ago.
CALLER: I bought more from another Pharmacy.
GOOGLE: That doesn’t show on your credit card statement.
CALLER: I paid in cash.
GOOGLE: But you did not withdraw enough cash according to your bank statement.
CALLER: I have other sources of cash.
GOOGLE: That doesn’t show on your latest tax returns, unless you bought them using an undeclared income source, which is against the law!
CALLER: FOR REAL??
GOOGLE: I'm sorry sir, we use such information only with the sole intention of helping you.
CALLER: Enough already! I'm sick to death of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and all the others. I'm going to an island without the internet, TV, where there is no phone service and no one to watch me or spy on me.
GOOGLE: I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport first. It expired 6 weeks ago...
Welcome to the future!!!
Edited by TheCG
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
On 1/19/2021 at 1:50 PM, TheCG said:

GOOGLE: No sir, Google bought Pizza Hut last month.

Psssst!  Is that real???????

And secondly........I had a hard time deciding if I would use the CRYING face :sad-smiley-012:  or the LAUGHING face   :lol:   in response to that post. 

MtRider  ....I decided this kinda says it:  :animal0017:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Mt_Rider said:

Psssst!  Is that real???????

From what I've been able to find, the "joke" in the OP was started by a Reddit user about a year ago. 

Pizza Hut HAS been sold, but not to Google.  

At the moment, it is owned by NPC, International, but there is a (pending) sale of all of the restaurants owned by them to Flynn Restaurant Group.

The largest franchisee of Pizza Hut and Wendy’s is planning to sell itself out of bankruptcy to another huge franchise operator.

NPC International, which operates 1,225 Pizza Huts and 385 Wendy’s locations, announced on Friday that Flynn Restaurant Group has agreed to acquire the restaurants for $816 million.

Flynn Restaurant Group is the largest franchisee in the United States and it operates 451 Applebee’s restaurants, 282 Taco Bells, 137 Paneras and 369 Arby’s locations..........

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/npc-international-plans-sell-flynn-restaurant-group

If approved by the bankruptcy judge later this month, Flynn would pick up NPC’s more than 925 Pizza Hut units and about 225 of its 383 Wendy’s, along with shared services assets. Wendy’s International would take the remaining Wendy’s units and assign the rights to buy them to other franchisees. The deal would allow NPC to emerge from bankruptcy protection.

https://www.nrn.com/people/multiconcept-franchise-operator-greg-flynn-invests-opportunities-growth

There's also another "player" on the field, but I am unsure where they fit into the timeline.

Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has over 50,000 restaurants in more than 150 countries and territories primarily operating the company’s restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. The Company’s family of brands also includes The Habit Burger Grill, a fast-casual restaurant concept specializing in made-to-order chargrilled burgers, sandwiches and more. In 2019, Yum! Brands was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and in 2020, the company ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media.

Since our spin-off from PepsiCo in 1997, we’ve become a truly global company led by over 2,000 world-class franchisees. In 2016, we successfully spun off our China business as an independent, publicly traded company and announced our Recipe for Growth, our multi-year growth strategy to become more focused, more franchised and more efficient.

https://www.yum.com/wps/portal/yumbrands/Yumbrands/company/

I'll bet this is all as clear as mud now!!! :bounce:

• Haha 2

Our Pizza Hut is really bad. And as for KFC. The last time we went there, they had no chicken, no pot pies, notta, nothing. Very bad management. They forgot to order chicken and they had a sell going on and nothing t sell.  It's one of the reasons we don't do fast food very much unless we go to Smithfield or somewhere else. 

• Confused 1