Gas Prices 2021

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Just read a comment on another forum in YouTube that they're paying $5.99 for heating fuel in Massachusetts. The supplier said that the prices are continuing to rise. I can't even wrap my head around those prices to keep from freezing to death this coming winter.  :gaah:  :0327:

I honestly believe that most people will become slaves to the government so that they can continue their make-believe safety. I'd rather be prepared and stick with freedom.   :reading:

Edited by Homesteader
  • Like 3

Same here Homesteader. I'm way stocked up on heavy blankets and comforters for winter. Good for snuggling down in.

I have a couple of electric heaters that heat up a room in no time. Used just enough to take the chill off of one room for a short time. I'm thinking about a kerosene heater like we used in Japan. They were great and put out a lot of heat. Kind of smelly though. Living alone, I can stay in the bedroom with a bathroom for most of the day. Coming out to use the kitchen. Going to the stores and library is a heat option too. If push comes to shove and I really need to warm up fast I can always take a ride in the car with the heater blasting. Plenty of options. 

Only warning is to keep the house warm enough to keep the pipes from freezing. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Ann, that’s about what we’ve been paying for a while...couple stations are headed into the $6 range for premium.

Edited by dogmom4
  • Sad 3
Posted (edited)

Gas in California will be rising again soon, and NOT because of inflation, but because there is about to be another 3c/gal TAX added to the price! "Green deal" or some other such stupid reason. :banghead:

The very small minority of Republican legistlators want the taxes rolled back but the governor wants to send out $400 checks/car instead! Unfortunately, from what I've heard, the money will be going to anyone who has a registered car no matter what fuel it uses- so people who drive electric cars will also benefit. :shakinghead:  I am fortunate to already be able to cut down my fuel costs because I can get senior transportation to my doctors' appts.

IF they do send the money, I will put it into some necessary repairs to keep my car on the road. :thumbs:

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Like 1

I've been hearing about a stimulus check because of gas prices too. $400.00 would buy right around 5 full tanks of gas for me right now. Fortunately don't have to drive to and from work every day. That really hurts. Doesn't do a whole lot of good to send us a check for gas if they are going to keep raising the price at the pump. Same old give in one hand and take it from the other. Give us a check for gas while keep hiking the price up. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

$4.47 for regular and $5.19 for diesel yesterday.

image.jpeg 

I had a thought. :rolleyes:  I was thinking mostly about truckers and heavy construction equipment so I looked up if ambulances use diesel fuel. According to the McNally Institute: 

Do Ambulances Use Diesel Engines?

Fire trucks, ambulances, and other rescue vehicles powered by diesel make up over 98% of the first responder fleet.

• Sad 3

Took grandson to the lab the other day. Gas here is $4.24 and $4.25 depending on which station.  In the Churchland area where we were there is a Miller Mart, they are milking the gas prices.  Reg. unleaded was $4.79 with Diesel being $9.95. Diesel at other gas stations is around $5.59. So that is a big difference from Miller-mart to other stations.  They need to be reported but then no one is buying gas from there as the parking lot only had one car in it and it may have been the employee working there.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

$4.70 yesterday morning here.

Hey Jeepers,  be careful with the GetGo gas prices.   Looks low on the sign, but there are separate prices for signing up for extra things.   To get their cheap price, you have to have your Advantage card (store loyalty card) linked to your debit or credit card.   DH and I refuse to do that.

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks for the heads up OOTO! I didn't know that. No way am I doing that either. I won't use a debit card and I'm very picky about my credit cards. I have one card that I only use online etc. that has a very low credit line. Actually the card has never left the house. The only place who has access to it is Amazon. I plan to keep it that way too. 

To be honest, since Meijers moved in, I don't go to Giant Eagle as often as I used to. And now you have to bring your own bags again or pay 10 cents for a paper bag. I have plenty of bags but I forget to take them with me. The last time they started that I bought some of their bags then Covid hit and they went back to the free plastic bags. <_<  

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

To not confuse anyone from other areas,  Giant Eagle is a grocery store chain in PA, OH and WV.   To get the sales, you have to have their store loyalty card, an "Advantage Card".    Using their card, you also earn Fuel Perks, which is cents off/gallons of gas at their GetGo gas stations.  

Jeepers, I didn't know about it either until we drove by a GetGo and I got really excited about how much cheaper gas was on the sign.  <_<

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for explaining it. They also have a pharmacy that I use to get the fuel perks. The store in my town is pretty small but there are 3 others right around me that are big with nice selections. I don't care how nice they are though. I'm not linking my banking info with them just to get a deal here or there. 

• Like 1