Gas Prices 2021

5 hours ago, Annarchy said:

Their’ way of forcing “green energy” on us……..:soapbox:

They had better think hard and fast about that one. CA is pushing so hard for electric cars, that they expect rolling black outs for peoples homes this summer. Not enough electricity for everyone from those magical unicorn farts that produce electricity, I suppose. 

• Like 4
On 5/18/2022 at 11:14 AM, Jeepers said:

To be honest, since Meijers moved in, I don't go to Giant Eagle as often as I used to. And now you have to bring your own bags again or pay 10 cents for a paper bag. I have plenty of bags but I forget to take them with me. The last time they started that I bought some of their bags then Covid hit and they went back to the free plastic bags<_<  

In Calif the plastic bags are "free". . . . . . IF you are using EBT (Food Stamps). But, it is only the grocery stores (plus any store that has over a certain percentage of edible goods) that HAVE TO charge for the bags. It's been that way all along. However, now that the "contagious"  :fever: stage of the virus is over [more or less], some of the stores that wouldn't allow their cashiers to touch customers' bags to pack their purchases, are allowing it again. 

You can always wheel out of the store with your groceries in the cart  :shopping: and pack it into your bags when you get to the car, OR, you can do what I do: I "collect" empty boxes while I am shopping the store and use them for packing my purchase once at the checkstand.  :thumbs:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Midnightmom, that's what happened up here. They wanted us to bring our own bags. Then C-19 hit and our bags brought from home were too cootie-fied to touch. Now that the C-19 is over :whistling: they are back to charging again. The Giant Eagle store in my area is the only one doing that. Pretty bold of them since Wal-Mart and Meijers are as close by with no charge for bags. I don't mind using my own bags. I just forget to take them and it's aggravating to have to pay for them when I have tons at home. And the fact that no one else around here charges extra for them. That store doesn't have boxes available. Whenever they stock up, the boxes get broken down right then and carried out. There is no ruling on the use of plastic bags in Ohio...yet.

I think we should get a senior citizen waiver since we are so forgetful. Not our fault. :cheeky-smiley-067:

I do get boxes in the store at Sam's Club. They don't have any bags. But most of the things there are in huge packages or boxes so it makes sense. I'm not even sure you can put your stuff in bags there because they sort of check your full cart and receipt as you leave the store. :shrug:

• Like 1

Gas jumped here to $4.49. I heard that in Washington state gas by end of year or sooner will be $10.00 a gal. My granddaughter lives in Washington and says it jumped over $5 a gal. now.

DH was saying that someone was changing out the displays at some gas stations so it could go over 9.99 if needed here.  He is not happy.  

• Sad 1

I'm trying to keep the truck filled and the farm equipment filled, with some extra put aside of regular gas and diesel. It seems that everywhere is murmuring about unprecedented gas prices, especially for the 2nd half of this year. I have no idea how bad it will get but I am striving to minimize the usage and am more focused on securing the fuels than I am on the prices - not that the prices are not a concern but for some reason I can't help but contemplate "what if I can't get any more diesel, or regular gas", etc.

• Like 2

$4.59 in WV.

About bags... When we go to Sam's,  we bring our Aldi reusable bags. Then ,when we get to the car, we pack most of our groceries into those bags. So much easier to carry into the house. Sometimes we bring a cooler, too, in the summer. 

• Like 2
On 5/22/2022 at 6:46 AM, Darlene said:

I have no idea how bad it will get but I am striving to minimize the usage and am more focused on securing the fuels than I am on the prices - not that the prices are not a concern but for some reason I can't help but contemplate "what if I can't get any more diesel, or regular gas", etc.

My exact thoughts.  :thumbs:  A friend mentioned that we're really in a new kind of 'lock-down' these days. It's called high fuel prices.   :sorry:

$4.29 a gallon here.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

These were taken the first week in June 2022.

Indiana Toll Road

image.jpeg

This was in Northern Indiana right off of the Toll Road. I had to go around to the back of the building to find the sign and the other side was covered by tree branches/bushes on the left. Notice Unleaded and Diesel are the same price. Equal opportunity gougers I guess.

image.jpeg

I saw a number of nozzles covered. Nearly half of them were covered at this station in Ohio.

This station refused my card but the one down the street took it. 

image.jpeg

• Sad 2

Gas is now $4.89 here. Just glad my grandson doesn't have far to go to get to work and back. This will really make it hard for him to get back on his feet. And at his age (20) he really doesn't fully understand the reality of what is happening right now. All he does is work and sleeps during the day so doesn't watch any of the news.  He works nights.

• Sad 1

Decided to top my tank, for my trip to TX next week… fearing higher prices, before I go…. Ouch!  My tank was 3/4 full…cost me $45. for 1/4 tank.  :soapbox:

05BBEFBD-247E-47F9-A963-8C81933E2E78.jpeg

But, I HAVE to go, no choice in the matter.  

I had to order, from the dealership, a new rim for my vehicle.  I will pick it up in TX, bring it back, & have our local shop put a tire on it.  All my vehicle has, is a refill kit, no spare.  A ripped out flat isn’t going to get fixed with a fix-a-flat kit.  We have spare jacks and lug wrenches, so I should be good to go.

• Sad 6

Are any of you experiencing amount cut offs? We had one that cut off at $75, and another at $50 (!!!!). That surprised me a bit. 

• Sad 4

Ouch Annarchy!  I feel your pain though. As soon as I got off of the toll road last week I pulled into a station (Speedway) to top off the tank. Less than 3/4 of a tank cost me over $75.00. If it would have been empty it would have been over $100.00. I thought I was being smart to wait until I exited the toll road to gas up. Turns out it didn't matter. 

I don't know how much longer people, who have to drive every day for their job, are going to be able to do it. And the poor truckers! I heard where some of the smaller local police stations have come close to using their allotted gas budget for the month already.

We haven't had any cuts off...yet. That is sort of scary for long distance drivers. Just in time for vacations. Remember the word 'staycation.' Probably be a lot of those this year. 

• Sad 3
2 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

We haven't had any cuts off...yet. That is sort of scary for long distance drivers. Just in time for vacations. Remember the word 'staycation.' Probably be a lot of those this year. 

That was our case! We were coming out of Denver, and we're only able to put in $50. Thankfully our tank was 2/3 full so it wasn't a problem for us. 

• Like 2

Joyfilled, I remember having cut offs years ago like that.  Seems at that time it was a $50 cut off and if you needed more you had to go in to see the clerk. I think it was to prevent anyone from filling up and running without paying. Though I would think now it would be harder to do since you have to insert your card first. 

Gas here is still $4.89.  But heard it is going up again this weekend. I just topped mine off a bit ago. Topped off for just under 4 gals. at 19.39. I could have waited but like euphrasyne said it could go up to 9.99. Right now, for this weekend if it does go up again. It will hit the $5.00 mark or close to it.  Grandson worked a 13-hour shift and came home dead tired. He is asleep, I wanted him to fill up and I don't know how much he has in tank. I am thinking of having him fill his tank with the gas I have in shed. That would give him 15 gal. if he is near empty. Then he can fill up from there.  I need to change out that gas at some point and since he works, I would rather use it in his car. I can refill the cans later, hopefully before it goes up again. Gas was just over $3 when I filled those cans up. They have a stabilizer in them so are good to go. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Annarchy said:

I had to order, from the dealership, a new rim for my vehicle.  I will pick it up in TX, bring it back, & have our local shop put a tire on it.  All my vehicle has, is a refill kit, no spare.  A ripped out flat isn’t going to get fixed with a fix-a-flat kit.  We have spare jacks and lug wrenches, so I should be good to go.

But, what if, heaven forbid, you get a flat on the way home from Texas??? :0327:  :hidingsmile::wacko:

• Sad 5

We've had gas cut-offs for years. Tourism is all around us ... customers from Chicago and Minneapolis. I guess there's some shenanigans going on with credit cards. Go figure. :thumbs:

• Sad 3

Annarchy, hope you got everything set with the tire. I have been thinking about buying a set of tires for my car, call it a gut feeling, but I have been thinking about it for a long while. I still have at least 3 years left on my tires and maybe longer since I have been driving less and less these days to save gas. Problem would be is where will I store 4 tires till needed. I do have a full spare tire, so hopefully I am ok on that one. 

• Like 2

:pray: for your tire situation Annarchy. Keep your fix-a-flat handy in case of a small puncture. Since I had the flat on the toll road earlier this year, I'm a little paranoid over tires. I have 5 brand new ones and I still think about getting a flat somewhere. I'll be glad when that fear eases up a little bit. :sEm_blush:

• Like 1