MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Trust Your 'Gut'

On 1/28/2021 at 6:15 PM, Mt_Rider said:

Lots of folks say:  Trust Your Gut

What does that actually mean to you?

Do you agree with trusting it....however you define it?

Do you see drawbacks or exceptions to this?

Do you have any real life...already happened stories about this?

MtRider  ...just wondering 

To me, it means, if I’m planning something & don’t feel right about it... don’t do it, there has always been a reason.

Rarely have we ever noticed a drawback.  Only in the case of wanting something, deciding not to get it, at the time, then regretting we didn’t.

Story... We were going to go to Phoenix, got a creepy feeling, and stayed home.  There was a terrible car accident on the highway, exactly where we were going, at the time we would have been there.   Things like that have constantly kept us alert to the ‘still small voice’.

In the past recent years, it’s been an urging to fill & replenish our supplies, learning as much as I can to be prepared, and more...  

• Like 3

:animal0017: That has always been the emoji that has signified 'gut feeling' to me.  It's a feeling that I have to look around inside my mind and pay attention to the wisdom I find there.  Or to take a closer look at things happening around us, perhaps hidden things.  This skill should be part of our preps.  It's a prep you can't buy but you can develop.  

Edited by Mother
  • Like 1