MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

"The Kneady Homesteader" Needs Prayers

I was watching Appalachia's Homestead and she mentioned this channel (The Kneady Homesteader) . I had also seen many Thumbnails from other channels about this same topic, so I decided to look up the main channel and found this video.

On the evening before Valentine's Day she and her family went out to dinner. On the way home they were hit head on by a drunk driver. Her husband was killed instantly, her children suffered some broken bones, and her injuries were pretty extensive as well. She is making this video from her room at a convalescence hospital. 

Thank you all for any love and support you can give to us at this time. You all mean the world to me. I plan to fight my way back. If you feel called to pour love over our family and want to help us in anyway, we ask that you please consider donating to the go fund me fund that will help cover expenses especially since this drunk driver that hit us was uninsured. God bless and love you and I will see you guys soon. Thank you to my son Jake who set this go fund fund me up for me and his younger brothers and sister.

Help Heather Conn & her children: emergency fund

On Saturday, February 13th 2021, The Conn Family, Heather and Matthew Conn and their 2 children Mason and Mina, left their home in their 2011 Dodge Ram to go out to eat at a restaurant for an early Valentines day dinner. On the drive back home at approximately 8:07pm the family was involved in a head-on collision with a drunk driver in a 2007 Chevy Silverado who swerved into their lane. Both vehicles were travelling at high speeds when the impact occurred.

Heather, Mina and Mason were rushed to the nearest hospitals and all eventually ended up in the University of Michigan Hospital where they were treated for their injuries. Heather sustained critical injuries including multiple broken bones all over her body, a collapsed lung and a brain bleed but has since been making great progress toward recovery. Mina and Mason both suffered medium injuries including broken arms and lacerations but are both also doing much better with their recovery.

With a heavy heart, it is unfortunate to have to say that Matthew Jason Conn did not survive the crash and was killed on impact. He was a loving husband, a great friend to many and an extraordinary dad. He was a huge influence in many peoples lives, Matt was funny and sweet and was always there to provide help and support if you needed him. A paragraph alone is not enough to express how important he was to many people.

He will forever be missed. Rest In Peace Matt

We are asking for any help that anyone is willing to provide with this gofundme, Regrettably the family will be suffering financial problems as we try to get through this tragedy and recover. Matt provided a sizeable chunk of the family income with his work and with Heather hospitalized and currently unable to do youtube like she was for the time being the family faces problems paying for bills, especially medical expenses, possibly a lawyer and soon a funeral for Matt.

We would greatly appreciate anything anyone can give and are not asking for any specific amount but we really need the help during this dark time. Any money donated would go toward helping keep the lights on at the house and future medical bills and medical assistance that Heather and the kids will need until they fully recover and can assume normal life again.

Thank you for your help and generosity

-Jake Valoczky, Heathers eldest son.

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

If you are on YouTube you can help her out "financially" by subscribing to her channel and watching/playing her videos. This will keep her channel active and she will not be dropped by the algorithm. You don't even need to sit there and watch - unless you want to - you can just let her videos play in the background while doing your chores, or let it play muted in another window as you do other things online.

Just can't watch that right now.  But my prayers go out to her and her family. I know how hard that is going to be for them. Praying that she makes a full recovery.  And praying for the the family over the loss of her husband. I know that will be very hard on her. 

• Like 2

First...shock!  Second...such sorrow.  Third...great anger at the drunk driver! He's a murderer...short and simple!  I also apply this same principle to people who have parties and get togethers at their home then let their friends and family get into their vehicles to drive...afterall...they've only had a couple!  :soapbox::beat_deadhorse:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
16 minutes ago, The WE2's said:

First...shock!  Second...such sorrow.  Third...great anger at the drunk driver! He's a murderer...short and simple! 

Someone who agrees with you. This is a part of a video reaction to the news about The Kneady Homesteaders tragedy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Whoooooo!  I haven't heard of Homestead Heart but she just spoke a POWERFUL MESSAGE!  Thanks for sharing that MM.

Such a tragic and preventable event.  :(

......too many times this happens...   We were fortunate that the drunk driver that ran thru a red light and hit DH...merely left him with 2 crushed vertebrae and changed the direction of his career. 

MtRider  :(  

• Sad 3

Also as they defund the police, drunk driving will get worse and there won't be any cops around to pull them off the road and arrest them.  I fear we will being hearing even more about drunks hitting and injuring or killing others.  Not to mention other crimes against humanity. Violence is very much on the rise all over the USA.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I still can't get this family out of my mind. I've always loved watching her channel. She has taught so many people so much about canning and many other things too including gardening, bread making, home schooling and lots of other things. And she did it all very humbly. According to her son, she is now able to stand and is already 1 week ahead in her rehab process. GO HEATHER! I'm sure she is fighting so hard for her children. I know she will be back. When I remember, I let one of her playlist on her channel run while I'm out or sleeping just to help keep her stats going. It costs me nothing. 

She and her husband were so sweet together. I used to like their grocery hauls when they lived in their other house. Matt was a big old teddy bear and so much fun. RIP Matt.  :sad-smiley-012:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Still praying for that family and for Heather to do really well with her rehab. I am sure she will rebound through all of this for the sake of her children. 

I had not heard of her videos, but will be watching for them now. Would love to see them.

• Like 1

UPDATE

"We have discovered that our fundraiser here on gofundme for Heather is being impersonated by scammers, these fraudulent fundraisers have copied our gofundme page and have made their own pages on facebook and other charity sites in an attempt to steal peoples money. Please beware of these scams and know that the only official fundraiser and place to send Heather donations is here on gofundme. We are trying to get these scams taken down."

• Sad 2

Yes I saw that too. If you want to donate to her, go to her website and click on her Gofundme link directly and do it that way. In about 5 minutes or so, you will see your donation listed even if you make it anonymously. At this point I think running her playlist would help her more. She will get her play time and ad revenue. In her last video she was very concerned about her channel because that is how she plans to take care of her family now.

There will be a special place in the fiery pits of hell for anyone who steals from a widow and her little children. And that's forever. 

• Like 4

The spamming has gotten so out of hand and getting worse. People just don't care about others anymore. They only care about what they want and could care less as to how they get the money for their own greed.  

I will be watching a lot of her videos. I like them.  Very much informative. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Jeepers said:

At this point I think running her playlist would help her more. She will get her play time and ad revenue. In her last video she was very concerned about her channel because that is how she plans to take care of her family now.

A very good idea.

I finally listened to her describe what happened to them.  I hadn't heard of her before but listening to her......  :(   What a horror for their family.  What a loss!  And what a long struggle she has learning to walk again with such damage to her legs. 

MtRider  :pray: 

• Like 2

What she is going through is a very tragic thing.  It happened so fast and very sudden.  Now with her facing trying to get herself healed for her children and the fact that her children are now left without a father, makes it much harder to cope with. My prayers go out to her and her children.  What I am going through doesn't even compare to what this poor lady is going through. Will be much harder on her with her injuries and children to raise without a father. Lord be with each and everyone of them as they go through this. Praying that her struggle to learn to walk again will go easier with each passing day.

• Like 3

Littlesister, the depth of your loss is no less than hers or anyone elses. Grief is universal and something we have all faced, or will. Just like love, it can't be measured.  :hug3:

But I agree. If I were put in her position I'm sure I would fail miserably.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jeepers maybe what I was thinking is not so much the loss, as it is how she is having to deal with her injuries and still having children to raise. The grief will still be about the same for everyone. It's what you have to do to deal with all the things you have to do after your loved one is gone.  For me it is getting financial stuff straight and a few other things paperwork wise. For her it is going to be a lot more than just that.  Healing from her injuries, children, and anything else such as a job or anything. Will be a bit harder on her with all the other things she will be dealing with. Though first thing will be to heal from her injuries. That part will be much harder for her.  

Hope I explained that a bit better.  Like I said before, I don't always explain things the right way.

I think I also would fail miserably if I had to face what she is facing. Her DH was much younger than mine.  My DH was 83 years old and we both knew before hand that he wasn't going to make it. So that and the fact we were both at peace with it, made it much easier on me than having to loose a loved one the way she did.  That to me makes the grieving process much harder when it is sudden like that. 

• Like 1

Littlesister, I didn't explain myself very well either. I meant anyone's 'grief' is not more or less important than anyone else's. :hug3:

But I understand what you meant. My passing at the age of 68 would not be as devastating as when my 4 1/2 year old nephew died. 

• Like 2

Another UPDATE:

Due to overwhelming amounts of requests, Heather (The Kneady Homesteader) had a friend, Allison open a P.O. Box for those who would like to send cards or letters.

Heather Conn c/o Allison Irons

P.O. Box 73

Hadley, MI 48440

• Thanks 1

That is a good way to show her some love. When it came out that there were people scamming her Gofundme account, a lot of people suggested sending her checks through the P.O. Box. Her son asked people to not do that because she can't sign them with both arms broken. 

I'm sure she would get comfort from cards both now and many years in the future when she is up to remembering all the love strangers showed her. That sentence probably didn't make any sense. 

Ya know, you can get 2 cards at the Dollar Tree for $1.00 and a stamp for $0.55. Just saying. ;)

• Like 2