MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Devastation in Paintsville, KY. Is everyone here okay?

Massive Landslide In Kentucky Takes Trucks and Equipment Into The River Below

Officials with Johnson County 911 tell WYMT recent flooding has caused a section of the embankment near the Paintsville City Garage to collapse and slide into the river below. It happened Thursday morning on River Road. A Facebook post from Johnson County Emergency Management states the slip is estimated to be between 100 feet wide and 400 feet long.-

Print article here: Several vehicles involved in embankment collapse in Paintsville

No one was injured.

• Sad 5

Oh my. How awful. I hadn't heard about this one. That slide off is so deep. You can hear the emotion in that man's voice.  :(

I've heard about ice, snow, frigid temps, rain, floods, volcanos, earthquakes, locusts again, pandemics, food shortages, riots and I can't remember what else. And it's only the first week in March. And we thought 2020 was bad. 

• Sad 2

I agree Jeepers, it's only the first week in March and already 2021 appears to be another challenging year.  But we're up to it, right?  After all, we survived 2020.  Right? :imoksmiley: 

Mother  :offtobed: (Going to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over her head) 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...