MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Price Hikes Coming to .........................................

....................TOILET PAPER and other paper goods!!! :o  Jump to 2:20 in the video to catch this segment.

Kimberly-Clark Raising Prices on Toilet Paper; SEC Warns Wall Street of SPAC Risks | NTD Business

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Thanks 4

Guess it is time to look into personal cloths. Geezz can't a girl get a break :0327:

Edited by mommato3boys
  • Like 6

Is this a  new video or an older one? The little commodities box in the lower right corner says May and also June. 

Regardless, everything is going up. I've noticed clothing has gone up too. Go past the ladies underwear and socks aisle at Wal-Mart. I've been watching it shrink for months. Also the house slippers. 

I can never find knee socks for winter. This year I found them at Wal-Mart on clearance for $1.50 a pair right after Christmas. I got 10 pair of them. I would have bought a dozen if they had them. Nice thick ones too. 

• Like 3

We saw this mentioned on the news last night so I'm saying it is current.  Stock up time again and soon.  Not sure how soon the raised prices will hit the stores. 

• Like 6

I just clicked on the Alaska Prepper and he was talking about it too. 

Here is what he had to say about it:

THESE FOUR COMPANIES ARE FLAT OUT SAYING THAT THEY HAVE TO & WILL BE RAISING PRICES; STOCK UP NOW! - YouTube

Here is the link to the article he was citing:

Hooray! The Price of Toilet Paper is Going Up, Are You Cheering Too? (thestreet.com)

Mish

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2Fzm
The Fed is rooting for more inflation. It's coming and the Fed is cheering.

1000 Sheets Will Now Cost More

Huggies maker Kimberly-Clark announced price hikes, joining General Mills, Hormel and others in passing along added costs.

The Fed is undoubtedly pleased that Higher Commodity Costs are Now Passed on to Shoppers.  

Makers of everything from diapers to cereal are starting to feel the strain of higher commodity prices, and some are passing the added cost along to consumers.

Kimberly-Clark Corp. (KMB) said Wednesday it plans to raise selling prices across much of its North America consumer-products business to help counter rising raw-material costs.

Kimberly-Clark said its increases, which will be implemented almost entirely through changes in list prices, are needed to help offset significant commodity cost inflation.

Price Hikes 

The maker of Huggies diapers and Scott paper products said the percentage increases would be in the mid- to high-single digits and take effect in late June. They will apply to the company’s baby- and child-care, adult-care and Scott bathroom-tissue businesses.

• Cheerios maker General Mills Inc. (GIS) said it will raise prices to partly offset higher freight and manufacturing costs, in addition to rising commodity prices. “Our competitors and retailers are facing the same thing we are,” General Mills Chief Executive Jeff Harmening said.
  • Hormel Foods Corp. (HRL)said in February it raised prices of its turkey products, such as Jennie-O ground turkey, to counter sharply higher grain costs. If the rally in the commodity markets were to continue, the company would likely pass along further increases, Chief Executive Jim Snee said. Hormel also raised prices of its Skippy peanut butter.
  • J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM)  said it recently raised prices for its Jif peanut butter and that it might do the same with pet snacks because of higher shipping costs and other inflationary pressure. Smucker Chief Executive Mark Smucker said retailers are passing increases along to consumers. “We only raise prices when costs are meaningfully higher, and we partner with the retailers to make sure it’s justified and that we move together,” he said.

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

In addition to toilet paper, price hikes are slated for Huggies, Cheerios, peanut butter, and turkey.

No doubt, that's just a start.

The Fed is very pleased that your dollar buys less than a month ago. Are you cheering  too?

• Thanks 4
32 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

Hormel also raised prices of its Skippy peanut butter.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not my peanutbutter!  :sad-smiley-012:

33 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

it might do the same with pet snacks because of higher shipping costs and other inflationary pressure.

Higher Shippin costs.........................

We don't need to get our pet food, chews, and snacks from CHINA anyway. 

As an aside: It never made sense to me that we send the raw elements to China, then they send the finished product back here. That's a hell of a round trip, yet, they say it is cheaper than doing it all here. :blink:

Cheaper on the "wallet" maybe, BUT, there have been a lot of contaminated products coming from there which have been killing our pets.   :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Here's the thing. They say Scott tissue is going up. Fair enough. But Kimberly Clark owns Scott brand. So prehaps we should watch Kimberly Clark too and not just Scott. Same with Cheerios owned by General Mills. Only one cereal going up? Pffft. Smuckers might be raising the price on more than peanutbutter and jelly. And Hormel isn't just Spam. Oh yeah, Spam.

So I was thinking if those companies are announcing they are raising the price of one item, what else do they have in mind? Mention the name of one item so you forget about the rest of the items they own? Get us all watching Scott toilet paper while keeping quiet about what else they are doing? Maybe. 

I looked up the brands that each of those companies own. It may not be a complete list but probably pretty close. Bottom line is if it's something you already buy and like, you might want to stock up now. Just one or two items a week will help. 

BTW, I think prices are going to go up on everything. At least these companies are admitting it. 

Kimberly Clark

Kimberly-Clark – Our Brands (kimberly-clark.com)

Click on each colored box to view the items.

Smuckers

The J.M. Smucker Company - Wikipedia

Scroll down.

General Mills

General Mills: Brands overview

Scroll down to the big blue box and click on a plus sign.

Hormel

Brands | Hormel Foods 

Scroll down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
57 minutes ago, Midnightmom said:

Cheaper on the "wallet" maybe, BUT, there have been a lot of contaminated products coming from there which have been killing our pets.   :(

Cheaper for sure. But a heavy price on the health and wellbeing of our society. We're getting what we pay for.  :unsure:

• Like 4

I picked up some extra TP and coffee today at ALDI.   An insurance policy since I don't get out much these days.  :hapydancsmil:

• Like 5

Kimberly Clark

Whew. My Poise pads are covered under Part D.  :thumbs:

Smuckers

Don't like Jif pnutbutter; don't drink coffee; don't use any of their pet food products. :thumbs:

General Mills

Don't bake with wheat flour anymore, or consume foods based on wheat; don't consume grains either, so most of their cereals aren't on my radar anyway; never heard of most of their "natural/organic" products, so no loss there either; every once in a while I might buy some full fat unflavored yogurt, but not enough for it to worry me. :thumbs:

Hormel  (this one worries me............................)

They make Skippy pnutbutter! Did NOT know that. I've got several jars in reserve. Guess I should add some more. :sigh:

They also make Wholly Guacamole. Sometimes I will splurge on that, but not enough to run out and fill my freezer with product.

Don't normally stock up on their chili's etc, either. 

Bacon can be got under multiple labels............................... BUT, my long term/backup bacon supply is Bacon Flavored SPAM.  It's already kind of expensive and hard to find. Guess I've got to add to my stash - just in case. :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 4

My spam is bacon flavored too. I suppose I might get a couple cans of the regular flavor for a change. I got the bacon flavor to fry up with eggs. I'm going to pick up a couple packs of pepperoni. I like pepperoni, onion and mustard sammages. :hidingsmile:

I have a few cases of Dinty Moore for emergencies. It's not bad on top of rice. Or mashed potatoes on the side. Maybe over noodles too. I've never tried it that way though. I also have a couple cases of chili for chili dogs. 

I'll probably end up with more T.P. too.  :rolleyes:

Not on the list but I need a couple more cans of tuna. 

• Like 3

I didn't know Part D covered Poise/Depend type products. I have Plan F.

That reminds me :gdtmi: put panty linners on my list. A couple of dribbles can sure add to the laundry loads, sigh. Gravity has not been kind to me in many ways.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I didn't know Part D covered Poise/Depend type products. I have Plan F.

I don't remember how I found out, but I have been getting them shipped to my door for the last year. You need your doc to call in an RX to whichever company you choose to use. (Whatever plan you have, I think they fall into "durable goods" - same as canes and walkers, etc. If you check it out and find that you actuall are covered, I use Byrum Health Care for mine.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Midnightmom, I don't need 'full coverage' yet. If/when I do I'll be sure to ask! My med plan seems to be pretty good. Hope it dosen't change when I move state. I only use panty liners occasionally. Mostly when I'm home. It's the getting up from a sitting position and walking that gets me. Panty liners really helps to save on laundry even if it's only a drop ot two.  :sEm_blush:

• Like 4

Historically, it has always been a losing deal for any country to furnish the raw materials and buy back the finished product. 

Great deal to buy the raw materials and sell back the finished products, though.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Since hubby had to have his prostate removed due to cancer he has been wearing the mens underwear. We joke that he could always borrow grandson's since gs is in pullups. I will have to do research on this for hubby. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One time when G-son was still in diapers we all were out shopping for the day. Lets just say before we went out to eat both G-son and G-ma had to make a pit stop by the house to change our drawers. Fun times.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

One time when G-son was still in diapers we all were out shopping for the day. Lets just say before we went out to eat both G-son and G-ma had to make a pit stop by the house to change our drawers. Fun times.  :rolleyes:

There is an extra pair in the car for hubby. And I have a little make up bag in my purse with and change of drawers and a pad for me. I don't have the control I used to, and when I first stand up after sitting for a long time yep, I grab my little bag. It even has the "before you go" spray in it. :ashamed0002:

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mommato3boys said:

Since hubby had to have his prostate removed due to cancer he has been wearing the mens underwear. We joke that he could always borrow grandson's since gs is in pullups. I will have to do research on this for hubby. Thanks for the heads up.

Whenever I see someone in a pharmacy stocking up on pads or "underwear" I always ask them if they have Part D, then I let them know those items might be covered. I hate to see someone (whom I assume is on a limited budget) paying out of pocket for something that may be covered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

From what I understand, cotton is going up. which means anyone that loves flannel is also going to pay a heavy price for it. I need to get to JoAnn fabrics and have not been able to get there yet. Missed one good sale, don't want to mill another. 

Plastic has started going way up.  I went to both Low's and home depot and the plastic containers were 49.00. I am not going to pay that for a plastic container. So I need to go to Wal mart and general dollar store. I bought some from general dollar last time and the were 13.00. they are not as heavy as the others, but for what I want, they will work fine. From what you are saying about the poise and men's underwear. I guess I better save the men's depend underwear and such. I don't think I could use them and was going to donate them. Now I'm not so sure if I should keep them or donate them. I can't use them.  I do have lots and lots of poise pads though. I started stocking those up every time there was a sale. I need a lot of those plastic totes to put them in. They are all just stashed in the closet right now in bags. Plus I need totes for Dh's clothes. I am going to pack everything up and put in shed till I have time to go through them for the memory quilt. 

I had bought a lot of socks and underwear several months ago when I heard there was going to be a cotton shortage. Now I have brand new underwear that DH never wore. The T shirts I will keep as I can wear them for when I am using bleach as they are white. And also when I am working outside in garden they would be great for that as if I get them really dirty, i can bleach them with no issues.  

I have noticed that the stores are going way up on lots of things. Even the fresh fruits and veggies are higher in price. I need to check on rather we are now clear from frost so I can get my tomato, pepper, eggplant and all the other things i have planted. Good on canned things but i really do like my fresh veggies for salads. 

• Like 3

Another thing to watch out for is shrinkflation - price stays the same, but amount/size of product is reduced. We've experienced it before; just look at the size of a roll of TP or how many ounces of tuna you now get it a can.

The point is.......................keep an eye out at the discount stores! Manufacturers and suppliers will be dumping the current supply into them as they roll out the newer sizes. Don't want people to see the "evidence" on the store shelves dont'cha know.  :whistling:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1