MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sad update

I have not posted in quite a while.  I never thought I could stay away so long but it has been a tough ride.

My beloved DH has died.  He fell and became bedbound for many months.  I was his only caregiver and really wore myself out taking care of him. I am still recovering myself but my pain is still pretty raw.

I have missed ya'll but I really have not been worth being around for a while.  Maybe I am starting to heal a bit.

• Sad 9

OH Momo,  I am so sad for you.  I have no words to make it better but I do have :bighug2:Please come in any time you are up to it and let us help heal you with our love.  You are a big part of Mrs. S and I miss you.   :hug3:

• Like 2

Momo, I'm so very sorry to read this. We were just asking about you a week or so ago. You know you are always welcome here. We look forward hearing from you when you are up to it. Sending calm healing prayers your way!   :hug3:

• Like 2

Oh Momo.   I hurt in sympathy, remembering how it felt to be widowed.  Even when it is expected it still hurts.  There is still part of us that cries out "Wait, wait, not YET" but to no avail.  The time is not for us to choose.  It does get better.  Focus on the happy times, it does help.  Until death do us part seems like it will never come.  Then it does and along with the pain and emptiness there is a feeling of "now what?"  That too passes, as you get used to being just one person again instead of one of a couple.

We are always here to talk and even if all you want to do is lurk, do drop by.  Our love to you and prayers for your husband.  Prayers of healing, as well as joy because you loved him and he loved you, and prayers of thanksgiving that his struggle is over and his time of peace and refreshment is at hand.  You will see him again, and the reunion will be sweet, and all the tears as if they had never been.  Meanwhile, we are here for you.  Come back and visit as often as you like.

• Like 4

Thanks for your kind responses.  I am beginning to think I will never have a real life again.  I hope to get better but it is easier said than done. I don't know how you did it Kappydell. 

In my case I am not mad about him dying.  He had had many miraculous recoveries before and I was thankful for every one of them. We were very lucky to have 38 years together because he was alot older than me.  When we married we figured the odds would be pretty good that I would outlive him.  I am glad he went first and he was too.  We both know I am stronger than him and I could not stand him having to go alone. Once I had cancer and within hours of my diagnosis he got a horrible case of shingles from the stress and worry.  He was so sweet and kind.

It was a beautiful day today and I made myself go out and do some errands.  Prescriptions, pay bills etc.  I still prefer to stay home but I am trying.

• Like 7

Baby steps, Momo, baby steps.  You are coming along at your own speed.  I was a hermit for a while too.  It was easier than explaining over and over again where my husband was.  So no worries.  We love you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Momo adding my sympathies on the loss of your husband.  As Kappy said one step at a time one day at a time and remember to breathe you will have days that you re able to get out and do things and deal with things and days you just want to hide from everything and everyone it is all part of the grief cycles and sadly sometimes even years after the loss of a spouse it will sneak out and get you in the feels and make you take a break to breathe again.

It has been some time since I have been in here.

Momo, I am so sorry for your loss.      Please let me know if there anything I can do for you?  

I will be praying for you and your family.    

Momo, it has been a while since I have been on here myself and just finding out about your husband. I am so sorry for your loss and I know very well what you are going though as I lost my husband in Feb. this year.  If you want to chat just message me and we can chat a bit. Ii am still having hard times but also some good days.  it's not easy but just remember all the good times you and he had. my Dh was also much older than me and we did everything together.  Remember all the good times and keep him in your heart. I will get better over time, but this first year will be the hardest. But time and God will heal both our broken hearts.  :hug3:

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...