MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Birthday MidnightMom

On 5/1/2021 at 10:27 AM, Midnightmom said:

Thanks everyone. I think I am going to start with a much needed haircut!

Later today my son and I are going to the newly opened Chic-fil-a. Never had their food; I hope it lives up to the hype! 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the haircut. The much needed haircut......................................didn't happen! :(  I was using my son's car to run errands yesterday. My first stop was the bank. I was putting my cane back into the trunk after completing my transactions, when the trunk "hood" came down on the corner of my head, right at the scalpline.  It hurt. :groooansmileyf: 

I just leaned against the car for a few minutes to try to recover. A passerby who saw what happened stopped to make sure I was alright. She suggested resting in my car for a few minutes and applying some ice to it. The only thing I had with me was my ice filled soda and the plethora of napkins stuffed into the glove box of his car. Soooooooooooo, I fished some ice cubes out the cup, wrapped it in a blanket of napkins and applied the "compress" to my head! Sat there for a few minutes before moving on to my next errand. How did this affect the haircut you might ask? I didn't want the pressure from the shampooing or the tension of the combing to exacerbate the pain!  :imoksmiley: 

My sister and my mother both called to wish me a Happy Birthday and my daughter send me an e-card, so that was appreciated. :wub:

We went to the new "Chick fil-a" for dinner a little bit later. The number of cars around the building waiting to order was insane, but the line moved rather quickly. What we saw once we came around from the the "blind corner" to the main queue was quite interesting. There were two ordering kiosks, so there were two lines of cars - like McDonald's new drive-thru. There were about a half dozen employees taking orders from the cars long before they/we got to the kiosk - like In&Out burger. The next person to approach the car was the "cashier." She took the payment and told us to proceed (were we not going to get a receipt???). The next employee confirmed the order and  issued us a receipt that was printed from a small printer that was strapped to her waist. The next person we saw was an employee carrying a red plastic/rubber tub that had "our" food in it being delivered to us in the car - like Sonic does.

So we got through the line rather quickly, the food was hot and fresh, and was very tasty. There was only one problem............... it wasn't what we ordered! :huh: The receipt on the bag was correct: the food listed on the attached printout was correct, and the purchase amount was too, but the contents of the bags was not at all what we ordered - but we ate it anyway. :yum3: They got the drinks right, though. :bev:  

Does anyone know if Chick-fil-a normally includes a chocolate brownie in the bag with each order? :rolleyes:  :bdaycake:

:band2:  :bdaycake:  :sSig_thankyou:  :grouphug: