MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anyone read these??

I happened on an interesting apocalyptic series by Susan Beth Pfeffer. They are for young adults but I am really enjoying them.  I believe there are four of them but there might be more I haven't found yet. They were written in the late nineties.  The premises of the books are that the moon has been hit by an asteroid and has been knocked closer to earth. That in turn causes a change in the tides which in turn causes earthquakes, tsunami's, volcano eruptions, and all sorts of other changes.  The ash from the multitude of erupting volcanos covers the sun's light and nothing will grow.  The first follows a single Mom and her 18 and 12(?) year old sons and her 16 year old daughter in a town in Pennsylvania.  The second follows an 18 year old boy and his 16 and 13 year old sisters who live in New York.   None of the characters are preppers. Very thought provoking.  I haven't looked at the fourth yet.

The series is called Last Survivor. The first one is Life As We Knew It.  You can find it to read free here but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere. 

https://onlinereadfreenovel.com/susan-beth-pfeffer/40934-last_survivors_01_-_life_as_we_knew_it.html 

• Like 1