MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Potential Supply Chain Problems - July 2021

15 hours ago, Littlesister said:

I am getting a dog.

:thumbs:   Yeah.....put a dog behind that privacy fence.  Tell one and all that DOG is the reason for the fence! 

MtRider   .....they're a good idea anyway, aren't they. 

• Like 2

AUGASON FARMS SUSPENDING PRODUCTION FOR 90 DAYS!

(went into effect on Oct 7th)

(Planet Today) Storable food mega-supplier Augason Farms has ceased operations for 90 days, citing, “global raw-material shortages” and “substantial delays” in procurement and production.

“Regrettably, BCG [the parent company owner of Augason Farms] cannot fulfill your orders on time; therefore, this letter communicates our decision to suspend business for the next 90 days, effective immediately,” says an October 7th, 2021 letter issued by Mark Augason, President of Augason Farms, to Augason Farms distributors and retailers (see letter below).

“During these 90 days, we will secure and stockpile raw materials and take measures to accelerate our round-the-clock production output,” the letter continues. “We are confident that this reset period will help us better serve you with on-time, complete shipments in the future,” the letter adds.

Augason Farms has been a large-scale retailer on Amazon.com, Walmart and many other retail outlets, typically offering non-organic dried fruits, vegetables and meal mixes to the preparedness and survival community.

In addition to this letter to its distributors and retailers, the Augason Farms website has announced it is no longer processing online orders from customers. “Due to an extremely high order volume through all sales channels we are currently not able to receive any orders through our web site,” said an on-site message on Oct. 8th.

“We expect to turn this site back on just as soon as possible.”

For the record, we were disturbed to learn about this development. It is yet further evidence of the accelerating collapse of food supply lines. As we have repeatedly warned, the world is about to be plunged into a “Dark Winter” of extreme food scarcity, power grid / energy scarcity and accelerating spike protein fatalities occurring among the vaccinated.

The shuttering of Augason Farms for 90 days is only going to worsen the food scarcity at retail, causing people to scramble even more aggressively to try to locate dwindling food supplies.

In my opinion, the brain dead Democrats only seek to throw more stimulus money at this problem, creating yet more fake fiat currency chasing an ever-shrinking supply of goods. And since you can’t eat stimulus money, all the stimulus in the world is pointless if the supply lines are collapsing. The problem in today’s economy isn’t a lack of stimulus money, it’s a lack of labor due to all the COVID lockdowns (which are completely nonsensical and based on irrational junk science). This lack of labor is getting translated into food supply chain disruptions and transportation / logistics nightmares that mean fewer goods are available to end customers.

If this continues, the mass starvation and power grid failures will probably kill far more people than COVID ever could.

Our own storable foods operations at HealthRangerStore.com have been heavily impacted by the collapsing food supply chain. As we reported weeks ago, commercial food purchase contracts that we traditionally signed with food providers for 12 months of food deliveries have all but vanished. Commercial food suppliers told us in July that they, “could not guarantee any food deliveries beyond 90 days out.” Suppliers that used to offer credit terms are now demanding payment up front, or full payment upon delivery. And many commercial food orders are resulting in only partial deliveries, typically representing half of what was originally ordered.

The last time we put storable food buckets into our online inventory, they sold out in 90 minutes. We have remained out of stock ever since. (Our current production run will put items back into inventory on Nov. 11th, assuming the power grid stays up.)

There is no question whatsoever that the food supply chain in North America is rapidly collapsing. This is because elections have consequences, and the Democrats would seemingly rather see America locked down than working in productive jobs. If you pay people to stay home and not work, people will stay home and not work. Before long, the shelves are empty. It’s a page ripped right out of communist-style centrally-planned economies… which history has proven are horribly inefficient and lead to exactly the kind of supply chain failures we are witnessing at this very moment.

Those who remain in denial about this reality won’t be able to deny it for much longer, as the retail shelves are starting to run dry as well. Every nation, they say, is but nine meals away from a revolution. Those nine missed meals are arriving this winter, it seems.

We wish Augason Farms the best in resuming operations in 2022, should supply lines improve. However, we are extremely concerned that the picture is going to be far worse 90 days out. And those who fail to stockpile food in the next 30-60 days may find themselves literally starving to death in January / February (or begging FEMA for emergency food handouts).

https://www.planet-today.com/2021/10/major-storable-food-supplier-augason.html#gsc.tab=0

AVvXsEhHQhkiwMDxW2C_lLbq7bq1Xt2urF33hGcy4RbKTmpLzTSQuaHiMbgOLbAYH4JuSqczV-vkyuNN7KnP4JP5aEHkBJjb9Yb_0ltgb0KgqXYDHR1ayxXYuB_q0rXk1HXP3y731_5EAxmHVS4ssPdcDMSW7Fl88Ahi5mfPoxQmQKKMkzDdaffZbmIOLuCh=w612-h646

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Great flaming balls of bat s**t!   I have never been so glad I have my OWN dehydrator, my OWN canner, and have been doing long term food storage for YEARS.  Our garden works well with the unheated greenhouses I got on sale at Wayfair this spring.  Keeps prying eyes away.  When Covid hit and folks were staying home the "exercise walkers" along our country road multiplied, and many get a good gander at our yard on the way past.  I want to spend our tax refund this year on privacy fencing...Mary is against it....so I am pushing for a nice high hedge of THORNY plants.  Meanwhile we put up a temporary garage behind the house (we are limited by ordinance and zoning to how many buildings we can put on our rural land, BUT temporary ones do not "count".  So temporary ones it shall be.  While I share produce with a few people, we are careful who we share with...fortunately most of the nosy types/urban scoffer types (and the like) do NOT enjoy the very basic foods we plant, especially the greens.  I try to keep those picked down and preserve as we go, to avoid looking like we have "extra" anything.  (That and complaining how poor the harvest has been as much as I can, citing bugs and weather.) 

Over the years I have dealt with nosy neighbors though, and have even had to resort to working after dark moving "things" from my car into the house (for example) and camoflaging other preps behind berry bushes, wood piles, etc.  One neighbor used to come over to get rides, and to "borrow" gas, and the like, but he got booted out of his rented nearby home for not paying rent, so that resolved itself.  The dogs are a good alarm system, and big enough to deter trespassing.  Especially as we respond if they bark, very visibly armed. (coyotes, dont y know?  and bears....) The dog idea is a good one, as are privacy plantings (for the wildlife & birds, dont ya know? And we always talk up how we have LOTS OF snakes, 4 kinds of poisonous ones being common around here.)  A little disinformation goes a long way, especially if it is given to the local gossips to disseminate, LOL.  Repeat the lies consistently enough and they enter into the realm of "common knowledge".  Too bad psy ops has to become part of prepping.

But we keep our preps OUT OF SIGHT just in case.  We also have cameras (we told our neighbors we had them, too) even if we do not use them they are a deterrent.  They work on batteries, so no wiring...we can move them as desired.  Game cameras are cheap and quite small nowdays, so many of us rural folks use them for our security systems.  Deer season is in force now here, and it is months long.  Our pastor shot three last week!  He is quite the outsoorsman.  He butchers them and gives the meat to needy folks.  (Gotta love a guy that walks the walk!)

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 5

I heard about the Augason Farms foods. Just goes to show not all our food comes from the USA. But from many countries. Looks like people are trying to stock hard now with the long term foods. I ordered some of the rainy day foods and even that is going to take some time to get here. About 6 weeks out. I buy the things that I don't have room to plant and also for incase of crop failure. You never know when you might have a bad year for crops and it does happen. So I am covered in all ways. I have a lot of foods I have dehydrated as well. Working on a place in house now to keep my dehydrator in one place and handy to get to on a daily bases now. Wanting to get some celery to dehydrate soon as well as onions. 

I have a feeling that Augason Farms will not be the only one to shut down and stop taken orders till they can catch up and get supplies back in. I am sure the containers they put the food in is one of the biggest issues. 

• Like 3

DH saw the Auguson [hopefully temporary] closure and quick looked at Amazon prices for Auguson #10 cans.  Prices had already shot up.  Then we went to Walmart ....they also carry Auguson.  He snatched up a few cans that had NOT doubled in price overnight.  :thumbs:    So you might check Walmart.... ??

We've also been buying fresh to dehydrate.  Every trip to store.....some gets dehydrated.  Just like Feb 2020.......and we all know how that turned out. 

Might want to invest in a couple of game cameras too.... :sigh:  now that our main Early Warning System is no longer with us.  :(  Feeling very vulnerable!  

MtRider  ....keep hauling my mom to store too...she's stocking up.  :shopping: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I live in a low-income apt complex. Lots of people here get the monthly food supplements from the USDA - best known as the "gov't cheese" give-away. I don't get it because there's nothing in it I can eat: too many carby foods, etc. A lot of people also don't like everything that is in the box and they put what they don't want in the laundry room for whoever wants it to take. I usually only took stuff like the canned pork, the canned beef, and the dry milk.

HOWEVER, with the news about Augason Farms I have decided to take whatever is left there! Not for me - I still won't eat it - BUT, some of my neighbors may eventually come to regret not keeping the pasta, the beans, the cans of fruit, etc, so I will have it to "give" to them if needed. If not, I'm sure I'll have gathered enough over time to make it worthwhile to take to the mission for use in their meals or grocery programs.

I'm already having problems finding storage space for what I do use and eat, so this is going to be an added challenge! :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I heard about Augason Farms too. Grabbed my attention because I bought quite a few things in buckets from there. Most recently red wheat and white wheat. Ninety days doesn't sound too long but when you think of it, it's until the end of the year. Not much veggies will be harvested for them to process if they start back up in January. Wonder how many people were layed off?

I've been waiting for their freeze dried mozzarella cheese to come back in supply forever. Guess I'll have a longer wait. I don't have any dry cheese. 

• Like 3

I'm wondering if they will "retool" and their #10 cans will be the metalized "retort" packaging.  Those would /should be then stored in buckets or something more protected than metalized plastic. 

MtRider  ....or am I just thinking of the ratfink....which we have thus far, failed to trap???  :sigh: 

• Like 4

This is just the beginning, IMHO. 

As businesses with over 100 people start mandating shots, there will be drastic downsizing of staff as people quit or are terminated.  I just heard an interview from a pilot on SW Airlines (I think that was the one) where they had to cease operations over the weekend.  The "official" reason was weather, but the interviewee (a pilot) said it was because the pilots all called in sick to protest the mandatory shots.  They are supposed to get them by Dec 8 or be terminated....just in time for Christmas.  

I imagine we will see a lot of that, especially in transportation industries.  China is having supply issues as well and we all know how much of our "stuff" comes from 

China   Add in firings when people refuse vax, and it gets pretty sparse as far as employees still on the job go. 

Even the white house reports ONE THIRD of Americans were refusing the jab (and celebrating that many were forced to get the shot due to "comply or no job" mandates. )

The sad thing is that they will cook the employment figures to make everything look just fine....

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH....my local walmart and costco have started rationing toilet paper purchases again.  Time for us to ramp up the mutual buying club activities.

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had placed an order of Augason farms food early on last month. It was through Prep SOS.  I had not heard anything about my order so I sent them an e-mail. Took 2 days to get an answer and they said my card was denied. No it won't as it showed up on my bill as paid. So I sent them an e-mail that they were paid and it is on my bill that they got paid. I never heard back. So called my card company. It is now in dispute and I am getting credit back to my account. So won't order from them anymore. I only used them once before and had no issues. So not sure what is going on now. But more than likely they can't get the supplies in, but they are not letting anyone know anything. 

I am going to try to locate another place that I can order from.  I did get the rainy day foods though. Going to check out the Rainy day foods to see what else they have. Not sure about other places yet.  I think things are going to get much worse. Gas here is going up and groceries have on some things gone up a bit more. Beef is crazy high. Went to Harris Teeter the other day and they had roast for $45.00.  They were not large roast.  Boston butts are on sale starting tomorrow for 99 cents a lb. Going to buy up 2 more to can. That sale starts tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, kappydell said:

As businesses with over 100 people start mandating shots, there will be drastic downsizing of staff as people quit or are terminated.  I just heard an interview from a pilot on SW Airlines (I think that was the one) where they had to cease operations over the weekend.  The "official" reason was weather, but the interviewee (a pilot) said it was because the pilots all called in sick to protest the mandatory shots.  They are supposed to get them by Dec 8 or be terminated....just in time for Christmas.  

Excerpts from Ron Paul's column titled, "The Great Southwest Airlines Rebellion?" Click the link to read it in its entirety.

The Great Southwest Airlines Rebellion?

The mainstream media is doing its best to keep a lid on the expanding rebellion against the vaccine mandates, and Southwest Airlines itself is blaming the cancellations on bad weather and a lack of air traffic controllers. However, the weather problems that Southwest claims to be experiencing seem unique to that carrier: no other airline (thus far) is reporting such weather-related cancellations. And FAA spokesperson Steve Kulm told USA Today that “No FAA air traffic staffing shortages have been reported since Friday."

"History may record this weekend as the turning point against the Biden Administration’s Covid tyranny. From nurses to pilots to truckers to even Amtrak workers, it appears that America is standing up and saying “enough!” Every one of our fellow citizens standing up on principle to oppose tyranny – facing the loss of their jobs and security – is owed a debt of gratitude by all who love liberty. Let’s hope that the peaceful rebellion continues to grow!"

https://mailchi.mp/ronpaulinstitute/southwest?

• Like 5

With all the supply chain shortages and rising prices, we are hit with another issue.  State Farm called me the other day. Due to rising prices on building materials, my home owners insurance is going up by $100 a year. So all this mess is effecting our insurances as well. Betting the car insurance will go up as well. This mess is effecting us in more ways than one.

• Sad 5

FINALLY: SOME GOOD NEWS!

Biden administration reaches agreement with local & union leaders to keep LA ports open 24/7, ease supply chain disruption

The White House announced on Wednesday that President Joe Biden has reached an agreement with leaders in Los Angeles and union workers to ease supply chain disruptions by keeping the ports of Los Angeles open 24/7. The president will give a speech Wednesday afternoon discussing ongoing supply chain issues and highlighting how his administration is addressing these challenges.

The agreement should help clear up the massive trade bottleneck of stranded container ships sitting off the coast of California, which for weeks have been unable to unload their cargo due to COVID-19 outbreaks and worker shortages. The inability of these ships to offload the goods they are carrying has caused shortages and driven up retail prices for American consumers, contributing to the highest levels of inflation in 13 years.

Ports in Los Angeles and Long Beach, California, are points of entry for 40% of all shipping containers that reach the U.S., senior administration officials said. Increased demand for goods during the coronavirus pandemic has increased the number of import and export containers trafficked by the port of Los Angeles by a record 30% in the first six months of this year. The port in Long Beach has seen an increase of 23%.

But the ports have not had enough manpower to keep up with the increased volume of trade, preventing U.S. factories from receiving needed materials and American consumers from finding the goods they want to buy in stock.

In June, Biden created the Supply Chain Disruptions Task Force to study the issue and develop solutions. After working with officials from the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach and representatives of the International Longshore Warehouse Union, the White House announced a series of commitments to keep the port of Los Angeles open 24/7, which administration officials estimate will nearly double the hours that cargo will be able to move out of its docks, onto highways, and to its destinations in the U.S. The Long Beach port began operating 24/7 roughly three weeks ago.

The labor union and large companies each agreed to expand hours and pay overtime so that goods will be moved out of the port during nights and on weekends. Walmart, for example, committed to use more night shifts and estimated that the volume of goods moved by the company could increase by as much as 50% over the next few weeks.

Before Biden delivers his speech, he will hold a virtual teleconference with the heads of Walmart, FedEx Logistics, UPS, Target, Samsung Electronics North America, and The Home Depot, each of which has made similar commitments.

The White House said these six companies together will move over 3,500 additional containers overnight per week, delivering toys, appliances, furniture, and other goods Americans have purchased online as well as pieces and parts sent to U.S. factories for assembly into other products.

Though this agreement should provide some needed relief for the economy, the White House warned American consumers on Tuesday that they should expect to see higher prices and continuing shortages this holiday season as global supply chain disruptions remain unresolved.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-reaches-agreement-to-keep-l-a-ports-open-24-7-ease-supply-chain-disruption?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Midnightmom said:

FINALLY: SOME GOOD NEWS!

I have been reading other articles that much of the problem is from trucking firms who REFUSE to require their drivers to get the jab. The Ports are not allowing those companies to haul away the months and months of backup containers from their ports.  :whistling:

• Like 1

It is time to stop the madness over this vaccine. We do have our rights. We know how our bodies react to different things and it is our choice not Biden's on rather we should get this vaccine. It should be between us and our doctors. Not Biden and us. He is so out of line with this and what he is doing is against the constitution. But then again he is trying to destroy our constitutional rights. They need to just let these truck drivers do their job, vaccine or not. Biden has gone way to far with this. 

When I went to the store this morning the store was full. There were somethings that were low but not empty. More people were in the store than usual for early morning. Might be why only one roast was left that was on sale. But was able to get the 1/2 price ones along with the one left that was on sale. 

Watched Hannity last night and from the sounds of it, we best be preparing for possible civil war. He said something to the effect that something was coming soon. Possible was and or something else. We are heading for a depression and a collapse of our banking system. 

3 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Watched Hannity last night and from the sounds of it, we best be preparing for possible civil war. He said something to the effect that something was coming soon. Possible was and or something else. We are heading for a depression and a collapse of our banking system. 

I've been seeing "infomercials" about something to do with some type of legislation or banking regulation that will alter the economy drastically but I have not been able to discern exactly what it is. The target date for these changes is/was Oct 13. 

• Like 2

I just put my response to his speech down in The Edge........

I'm not taking an optimistic view after reading the speech.  There are SO many levels to this problem....and to the shortage of medical workers too.  Tho....if they can, I'd think 24/7 on docks would be a start.....  IF THEY CAN....  :sigh:  

Might be just me but .....go on down to there and comment.  The whole speech is out now....link down there.

MtRider   :shakinghead: 

• Like 2

Article from The Patriot Post

The Patriot Post® · Biden to the Rescue on the Supply Chain?

By Nate Jackson · October 14, 2021
https://patriotpost.us/articles/83449-biden-to-the-rescue-on-the-supply-chain-2021-10-14

The supply chain is a mess. That much we’ve already said clearly1 — not that Americans weren’t already painfully aware of the issue, which is front and center for good reason. But there are some new developments that merit attention.

First of all is a concerted strategy of collusion between Democrats and the Leftmedia. All the mainstream media outlets are playing up these dramatic shortages that Americans are experiencing so Joe Biden can come to the rescue in an attempt to improve his abysmal approval rating2 by appearing to do something. More on that in a minute, but suffice it to say, ignore the MSM churn.

That isn’t to say the shortages and bottlenecks aren’t real. They most certainly are, and major inflation is the result of it all.

One huge factor in the bottleneck is Democrat unions. Union workers are not unloading all those containers on ships anchored off of both coasts. They’ve been working two shifts instead of three until just a couple of weeks ago. Union truckers are not showing up to ship goods around the nation. Why? Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa and others are holding the supply chain hostage for higher wages3 for union workers.

Unions aren’t the only ones to blame, however. California Democrats imposed regulations on the trucking industry that are as insane as their new off-road gas engine mandates4. The state now doesn’t allow trucks older than 2011, and the replacements that will soon be mandated5 are more expensive and less available zero-emission trucks. Moreover, non-union truck owner-operators largely served the ports in question until California banned them from doing so. Democrats want to take these California regulations and put them in federal law as part of their $5 trillion spending package.

Meanwhile, fewer people are choosing truck-driving as a career in the first place, which makes it difficult to replace the roughly 91,000 truckers no longer in the industry since the pandemic began. “Currently, 20% to 25% of all truck drivers are still missing,” said Mike Kucharski, head of JKC Trucking. That means bottlenecks getting products on store shelves.

Another major factor is that U.S. retailers and Chinese manufacturers ramped up production over the last three months without anticipating the implications of shipping and supply chain capacities in California. Certainly a lot of those products are finding their way to store shelves. Our publisher Mark Alexander says, “I was in Walmart and I didn’t see any shortages of anything.” But a lot of them are sitting in containers off the coast.

All of this brings us back to Joe Biden, because, of course, this mess is partly his fault, even if he does promise to “fix it.”

“Shutting down pipeline projects and barring fracking does not help reduce energy costs,” writes6 Jim Geraghty. “The vaccine mandate undoubtedly is creating staffing issues at some companies, even if they are minor ones.” Moreover, he says, “Pete Buttigieg didn’t cause the worsening backlog of cargo at our ports, but … isn’t that the sort of thing a Secretary of Transportation is supposed to keep an eye on?”

Biden first stepped in to fix things some four months ago by creating7 a “task force to address short-term supply chain discontinuities.”

How did that work out?

So stunningly well that, once again, it’s Biden to the rescue just in time to save you from having to explain to a child why you couldn’t get them a Christmas present. The White House is out with another “fact sheet8” on its “efforts to address bottlenecks at ports” in California.

“President Biden knew that there would be massive economic challenges emerging from the pandemic,” the White House tells us. No kidding, Sherlock. “The Biden Administration acted quickly to get the economy moving again.”

How did that work out?

We’ll see what the new actions actually do, but we had to chuckle when Biden’s “fact sheet” claimed credit for UPS and FedEx pledging to increase 24/7 operations and volume of goods shipped. That’s all well and good, but Biden didn’t build that. And someone should send a memo to the U.S. Postal Service, which just announced9 that it will deliberately slow down deliveries of what we all already call “snail mail.”

We’re curious why that didn’t make Joe Biden’s brag list.

Kidding aside, problems with the supply chain are likely to persist well into 2022. Here’s hoping voters remember it come next November.

Links

1. https://patriotpost.us/articles/83081-the-supply-chain-bottleneck-2021-09-30
  2. https://patriotpost.us/articles/83331-biden-isnt-bouncing-back-2021-10-11
  3. https://teamster.org/2021/10/hoffa-u-s-must-end-misclassification-of-port-drivers-to-fix-supply-chain-issues/
  4. https://patriotpost.us/articles/83427-california-kills-the-lawn-and-garden-industry-2021-10-14
  5. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-california-trucks-electric-idUSKBN23W31N
  6. https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-supply-chain-and-shipping-mess-is-partly-the-administrations-fault/
  7. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/06/08/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-announces-supply-chain-disruptions-task-force-to-address-short-term-supply-chain-discontinuities/
  8. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/10/13/fact-sheet-biden-administration-efforts-to-address-bottlenecks-at-ports-of-los-angeles-and-long-beach-moving-goods-from-ship-to-shelf/
  9. https://nypost.com/2021/10/01/snail-mail-usps-deliveries-start-to-slow/

Support The Patriot Fund at https://patriotpost.us/donate

https://patriotpost.us/articles/83449-biden-to-the-rescue-on-the-supply-chain-2021-10-14

• Sad 2

Got this in e-mail today from the Blaze. The biggest crash in world history is coming. Robert Kiyosaki

Bail-Ins to take place   Bail-Ins to Replace Bail-outs

An upcoming banking crisis with record amount of bank loan defaults could be on the horizon with your money on the line, banks and financial institutions could use it for either.

Bail-In - where you pay for it right now as the bank takes some of your deposits.

Bail-out - where you have to pay for it through future taxation

National debt has skyrocketed beyond a recovery point, and is still increasing post covid-19. The credit worthiness of the U.S. is at risk and the government can't afford to take on more debt unless it is willing to face imminent insolvency and ultimate bankruptcy. The financial burden to stabilize this enormous debt is too great. Therefore, a bail-ins could take place sooner than expected and without any prior warning. 

Likeliness of a Bail-Ins to take place now. 

They will be stealing our money to bail themselves out.

Does anyone remember what happened with Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac. Gov. bailed them out but this time we will be bailing them and the banks out.

A bail-ins was first introduced in 2010, via an executive bill signed by then President Obama as a direct result of bailing-out the 2008 "to big to fail" banks and financial institutions. 

A bail-ins is another form where banksand financial institutions are rescued where the responsibility is transferred from taxpayers (in the case of bail-out) to depositors, which is you. In other words, bail-ins will not add to the governmetent's deficit and it will allow banks and financial institutions at risk of failing to take some of your deposits to bail them out. A perfect scenario, where neither the government nor the too big to fail institutions bear any risk.  It all falls on YOU "the depositor. 

Why could bail-ins be the ultimate risk for your money?

To answer that question, neither the government nor the banks want to bear the financial burden of rescuing the bank anymore. The bail-in was created so clients like yourself bear most of the risk. 

Edited by Littlesister
stealing money
  • Like 2

...and my dad wondered why i had a cash box insteasd of a savings account....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Midnightmom said:

We’ll see what the new actions actually do, but we had to chuckle when Biden’s “fact sheet” claimed credit for UPS and FedEx pledging to increase 24/7 operations and volume of goods shipped. That’s all well and good, but Biden didn’t build that.

Yeah....pretty much what I got from the Speech. 

MtRider  :pray:  and Prep

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, kappydell said:

..and my dad wondered why i had a cash box instead of a savings account....

Yeah.....might not draw any interest........  But y'know?  I really don't want my assets drawing the interest of the fEds.  <_< 

With price going up, a can of beans on my shelf IS drawing interest since it would cost me more to buy it now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Mt_Rider said:

Yeah.....might not draw any interest........  But y'know?  I really don't want my assets drawing the interest of the fEds.  <_< 

With price going up, a can of beans on my shelf IS drawing interest since it would cost me more to buy it now...

I got one of those can openers that removed the lid without sharp edges specifically because I can glue the lids back down and hide "stuff" on my pantry shelves.  I just pick foods that dont slosh, and weight the can similarly to a full one before sealing my can back up.  I just leave the lables on.  Who will frisk bush baked beans, especially when there are dozens to go thru, LOL.  One of marys aunts froze her money wrapped in plastic, in her frozen meat packages during the depression.  All kinds of cute ways to hide money.  Maybe that is why they are starting to talk about their dream of a cashless society again....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1