MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Party Time…

Ok!  I have rented the hall, reserved, tables, chairs, & balloons,  ( helium ). Lol, that could be fun.  A cake is ordered, blueberry, cheesecake, with cream cheese frosting.  And another one, gluten-free.  They didn’t tell me what it was.  Maybe someone else can pick it up & let us know….

Potato salad, ‘Angled eggs’ and …. muchacha, beans, Mexican rice & thin flour tortillas.  

Dogs have a kiddie pool and sprinkler set up, biscuits for all pets.  Honey, pumpkin, oatmeal, a touch of baking soda & salt.  Towels to clean them up….. 

Mt_Rider, the misting system is pumping mist, and the 
‘hot tub’ is filled with COLD water, JIC.  :happy0203:

Ready for a summer party?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yes! I’m still celebrating my birthday from yesterday! I have Haagen Daz ice cream to share. And I’ll provide an activity....my family did paint pouring and we had a blast. I’ll bring paint, canvases and all the things so we can get our creative side on...

EEF517D2-F0F3-4C56-A92F-786708E110A4.jpeg

• Like 6

I could use a party.  I’ll pick up gluten free cakes, Cup cakes in a dozen flavors so everyone has a choice.  I’ll also bring dairy free ice cream.  Start the music! :band:.  I’m on my way!

• Like 5

Oh Lawsy Annie. Don't threaten me with a good time! 

:band:    :darlenedance:

I'm already gassin' up the Jeep and pointing it south west. Hot dang, another road trip. Can't wait to jump in that kiddie pool with the dogs! Yes, that's just my style. 

We can suck on helium and see how low we can make our voice go while singing the Star Spangled Banner.  :americanflag:

I'll bring some water balloons so if someone over heats we can just lob a few balloons in their general direction to cool them off without even moving from our chair. Target practice ya know. And CDs...I got em. I can make a mean pasta salad to bring. 

Lovely painting Dogmom! I see a cow head in the upper right followed by a spinal column. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Another party!  :balloons:  

:sSig_thankyou: for the COLD TUB!!!    Wow!  AZ is waaay hotter than CO....cuz we're in monsoon season - cloud up and pour-down-rain daily.  :amen: 

Haagen-Daz and pouring paint.......don't get the two mixed up!  :whistling:  

Helium singing.....  :sassing:    ....psssst, y'all sound crazy y'know...  :laughkick:  

Cupcakes....  :wave:    a couple for me!

I'll bring hamburger.  DH caught a sale and stocked us up...in both freezers.  :cook:

MtRider   :grouphug: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

A little off topic, but yesterday at the grocery store, I wanted to get a birthday cake for DH and I but couldn't decide because they all looked too good.  So I didn't get one.  I wanted them all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
47 minutes ago, snapshotmiki said:

A little off topic, but yesterday at the grocery store, I wanted to get a birthday cake for DH and I but couldn't decide because they all looked too good.  So I didn't get one.  I wanted them all!

When in doubt, go chocolate.

Dang, now I'm wanting a chocolate cupcake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Annarchy comes into the hall, “OH!! My!!!”  All those cakes!  Someone had their work cut out for them!  There’s so much stuff on the tables, games, food, sweets…..and ….. WOW!  

As I set up the balloons, arrange the chairs, I see the bucket with water balloons, quietly smile to myself… we are gonna have some “FUN!”  

I brought some games… scrabble, pass the pigs, monopoly, Yahtzee ……. Paper and pencils, charcoal, ink, crayons, pastels, water colors & acrylic…. sorry not much oil stuff, ruins my allergies, set up an area for oils in the back, but, brushes galore.  Also, a dozen or so, of canned whipped cream… :whistling:

The air fryers are set up for hot wings & crispy crowns, or anything else that needs to be heated, plus, DH made his famous Ranch dressing, and

1/2 of all the wings, are salt & vinegar.  :happy0203:

The kitchen had all the utensils, plates & glasses, so, I set the tables.

The puppies were crying, so I gave them some food, soaked in milk…. They snuggled into their heart…. Lol. 

Did a sound check on the stereo system, made sure it was outside on the patio, too, for everyone who wants/needs to watch their pets.  

Oh, my, this is going to be a wonderful time………

• Like 5

Thank You for all of your hard work Annarchy.   :happy0203:

I have some frisbees I can bring. They are the child proof ones. Soft sided with the center cut out. They are so easy to catch. You just make your arms like an alligator and they sort of get hooked on your arms with the center missing. And they glow in the dark. 

I've decided to bring along G-son for some entertainment. He isn't much of a singer yet but the kid can dance. He can 'swagger like Jagger'. Takes after grandma. Did I ever tell you I was a go-go girl back in the 60's. I will. Probably a couple of times. Oh, and I can do a decent Tina Turner doing Proud Mary. I just got my hair cut and can spike it up a little. Might need to work on my balance issues some. And forego the heels but other than that... Who will be my back ups? I need 4-6. We be rollin' on the rivah.   

Coming attraction  :24:

Yes, I have a video for that too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

MtRider lobs several water ballons in quick succession from her perch on the roof.  Exit quickly.    :happy0203:   Just spreading a little coolness in this astounding heat!  :bathbaby:  

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Haha 3

Where is the big elastic three man (women) water balloon winger?  We can get Mt_R on the roof!!!  🎈🎈🎈🎈

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Mother said:

Where is the big elastic three man (women) water balloon winger?  We can get Mt_R on the roof!!!  🎈🎈🎈🎈

I’ve got it!  Incoming, Mt_Rider!  Sploosh!

I think Becca_Ann found the punch…..  :whistling:

Just got back with a big bag of threads, yarns, needles, crochet hooks, knitting needles, materials, wax, dyes, and a large assortment of miscellaneous items from the craft store.  

Plus, a box of games… Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Spill n Spell, oh, and a few Jigsaw puzzles…. I just grabbed…. Really don’t remember all I put in the box….   :008Laughing: 

• Haha 4

MtRider ducks and the water splashes all over the roof.....yikes.  It's getting slippery up here.........  With Jeepers' multi-loading :balloons:  water balloons  and Mother winging those things up here like a giganto sling shot.... :o    I think I'm calling a strategic RETREAT!      :hidingsmile:  Did cool things off some tho....   

Crochet hooks?  Was anyone at the Gathering at Darlene's when Stephanie taught us how to do a Tunisian crochet stitch?  It's a very tight weave like knitting.....but I lost the notebook that had the directions.  Have looked for that notebook for years.  I got it back to my house and made a potholder/ handle cover for my cast iron fry pans....but can't find the directions.  :scratchhead:    Madison showed me how to do it later cuz I was elsewhere ...down at the range....when Stephanie showed the rest. 

MtRider  .... Do ya think they'll call a truce and switch to a less energetic activity???  :whistling:  :engel-smilies-10-1:

• Like 1
On 7/10/2021 at 6:45 PM, Jeepers said:

I've decided to bring along G-son for some entertainment. He isn't much of a singer yet but the kid can dance. He can 'swagger like Jagger'. Takes after grandma. Did I ever tell you I was a go-go girl back in the 60's. I will. Probably a couple of times. Oh, and I can do a decent Tina Turner doing Proud Mary. I just got my hair cut and can spike it up a little. Might need to work on my balance issues some. And forego the heels but other than that... Who will be my back ups? I need 4-6. We be rollin' on the rivah.   

This vid is one of her "milder" performances of this song! :24:

Edited by Midnightmom