MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oh Dear Lord.  :pray:

BTW the videos don't automatically load but if you double click on the icon they play just fine. How frightening is that! That police van pulling out and backing away. That's what you get when you disable the police.  Sigh. 

Cuba is a mess too. I look for us to swoop in there and bring a lot of them over here. Not for humanitarian reasons but to spite the communist regime. Or maybe to show us how it's done right.  :(

• Sad 2

DH said, he’s heard the police are out of ammo, telling the people to defend themselves.

Information is limited from the area, now, because the rioters are destroying the cell towers.  It’s horrible.

• Sad 4

What a terrible situation. It looks like the people are doing a pretty good job with the rock throwing though.

Might be a good idea for us to have some handy too. Better than nothing if the ammo runs out. It looks pretty effective. Especially when thrown in numbers. You see a lot of that kind of fighting in the Middle East. 

• Sad 2
18 hours ago, Jeepers said:Cuba is a mess too. I look for us to swoop in there and bring a lot of them over here. Not for humanitarian reasons but to spite the communist regime. Or maybe to show us how it's done right.  :(

This was on the news today. Cubans and Haitians are being told not to come...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dhs-chief-tells-cubans-haitians-not-to-come-to-us/ar-AAMc04j

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, dogmom4 said:

This was on the news today. Cubans and Haitians are being told not to come...

Maybe they (the refugees) should float to Mexice and enter through the southern border?!?!?!?!?   <_<

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
18 minutes ago, Midnightmom said:

Maybe they (the refugees) should float to Mexice and enter through the southern border?!?!?!?!?   <_<

Midnightmom, I thought the same thing! Guess we are racists after all.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The govt is a crooked mess in soooo many places of the world.....  IS that the norm for societies???  Is national stability an aberration?  :pray: 

What would WE do if things really dive here?   Prepping works for some things.....

Being a huge country, it would be hard to flee here.....and if we go down that bad, who would we look to?  :shrug: 

Europe was overflowing with refugees during WWII...  It's not just the so-called 3rd world countries. 

MtRider  :(

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Being a huge country, it would be hard to flee here.....and if we go down that bad, who would we look to?  :shrug: 

I don't believe there is not another country that would defend us, they more apt to come in and take over. My belief is there are several just waiting until we emplode to step in, you know the old saying a house divide will not stand. Well that is what is happening here and when we can no long stand we will be taken over. 

You are correct huge country and it will be hard to flee, but I am not sure there is anywhere to flee to. Hubby and I were talking if things keep going down hill we may just have to go dark. By that I mean no going out in public. We cover our windows to keep light in and barricade the doors. Never leave the house unarmed and ONLY go to work and back. As much as I hate using the online ordering if it came to it I would do it just so I could pick it up on the way home and not have to get out in the masses... if there was anything to be had. As much as I want a house and yard again, I really think we maybe in a better place here in the apartment. Just wish we were physically able have an upstairs apartment. 

• Like 3

momato3boys,  If my memory serves me right. I think they did cover the windows, and such so no light could be seen outside of house at night. It was during one of the world wars in I want to say England, or maybe Europe. They used black out curtains and put cardboard over windows as well. But I need to go back and try to remember history from back then. 

This country is going down the tubes and fast. We all will have to go dark, and when I say that, we would have to be able to hide. Which means no cell phones, internet or any other way including the newer cars that have GPS where they can find us. Also they now have cameras at most signals. So when you go through a red light they know it. Cameras are everywhere now. When you go into a store you are on camera. All this will get worse. We would have to learn to live off the land.  Which means living in the country from everything. No utilities.  Learn to live from well water, rain catchment, huge gardens that will get you though to the next planting season and more long term foods to help get you through as well. heating from a fire place. Learning to cook from wood stoves or other ways where you will not be connected to the grid in any way. No electric. Oil lamps for light at night and candles. Would have to learn how people lived way back in the days before electric, natural gas and running water. I hope it doesn't come to all this, but it does get you thinking of what might be coming down the pipeline. The new green deal will cut off our electric grid, they now have us depended on other countries for oil etc. Lots to think about.

Anyone know how it's going now? I saw a video of long, LONG lines for food. I can't imagine. I'll see if I can find a link. 

https://youtu.be/fPpaUqmGgI4

My question is...how do you keep your food safe once you get it? I mean...if someone in the back of the line decides they don't want to wait or are worried their kids won't eat tonight? Desperate times.

Yes, I agree with whoever said it makes you just want to hunker down and buckle up. May God help us. 

• Like 1

Littlesister, it was in England where they used blackout curtains. It was a law that they had to use them or be fined. There were 'air raid wardens' who walked the streets at night looking for cracks of light from windows. They wanted towns to be completely dark so German bombers would think it was an empty field and unoccupied. 

• Sad 1