MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whew, glad that trend is going out

Mt_Rider

So...you have X number of square feet in your house.  You have X number of people living in that house.  :unsure:  ....and all their STUFF! 

Our equation is 624 sq ft ....2 humans/1 LARGE dog.....STUFF????  ...... OYE!   :grinning-smiley-044:    You'd THINK we'd be the perfect candidates for the Marie Kondo's style, right?  :grinning-smiley-044:  I have the feeling that sensible prepping folks are not minimalists.   NO JOY in getting rid of things that might save your life in a Post-Hooey-Hits-Fan world....RIGHT?

Well, finally the tide is turning and maybe we'll be back in style again.....  { cuz we were all so worried about that, right?}  :008Laughing:

https://thewalrus.ca/more-is-more-the-end-of-minimalism/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

MtRider  .... just cruising thru an odd article or two...  :pc_coffee:

• Like 4

I think after been on lock down for a year, people have been stuck in their tiny homes and realized they couldn't turn around without running into someone or something. Tiny homes are nice when all you do is sleep, shower and maybe eat there but when you have to live and work form there well that is a whole different ball game. Don't get me wrong we are in about 1000 sq feet apartment but I can still rearrange the furniture and have a fresh look. In 600 sq feet everything has a place and there is no rearranging. I don't want a Macmansion but I would like something around 1500 sq feet. I want a pantry!

• Like 6

Our house is under 1000 sf.  Yes....!!!

4 hours ago, mommato3boys said:

everything has a place and there is no rearranging.......  I want a pantry!

Most of our "stuff"...kitchen stuffed with stored foods and equipment to prepare food, delicately arranged, in order to get it all in there.  lol  Our only minimal room, is the living room, where people sit.  Tidy, clean, touched with crocheted coasters, still stuffed in places no one can see. 

The lock down only increased our supplies, reducing our space.  I rarely let anyone into any of our other rooms, then, I am self conscious that they might want to come her if SHTF.  :008Laughing:

MIL is a minimalist, she has her trinkets and pretty things, neatly displayed.  Everything else is only daily used items, put away.  Main reason, she calls us "hoarders".   :sigh:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I have a pantry....but we are a family of 7, with growing kids. And a hubby who likes crackers. And...well....it gets crazy in there. Like I have to jump over things to get into the laundry.....:bounce:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1