MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Have you forgotten Mrs. Survival?

Mother

Sorry if this is considered a :soapbox: but I am a long time loyal Mrs. Survival member and I’m feeling this very deeply.

I’m seeing a trend on Mrs. S that bothers me.  So many of the posts are about ‘going to’ prepper sites to find out what to do to be prepared.  I can understand going to various sites for a diversity of information.  I also appreciate the ‘heads up’ of what is happening around us.   What bothers me is that it appears as if there are some who have forgotten that Mrs.Survival is also a prepper site.  And in fact one of the best sites for in-depth survival of daily life in any eventuality that might come our way.  The archives alone contain concise member written information on all aspects of prepping and survival yet very rarely do the members here utilize them let alone take time to bump them up for others to use. 

I realize the active membership here is limited but those members are mostly long time prepper who could easily write prepping instructions that could help us all including the new members who are just getting started.  As it is, when new members or guests come here to read they are being effectively directed to other prepping sites. Is this what we want?   Mrs S. Is a wonderful family oriented site.  It is also a great place to share our lives with others but let’s not lose sight of the fact that Mrs. Survival IS a prepping site.

Do you truly want to be ready and want others to be prepared???  

If you want Mrs. S strictly as a social and chat site then by all means go elsewhere for someone to tell you what to fear and what to do.  If you truly do want to be prepared then perhaps you should look closer to home and to share what’s here. And you long term prepper members, your expertise is seriously needed.  

• Like 8
22 hours ago, Mother said:

Mrs.Survival is also a prepper site.  And in fact one of the best sites for in-depth survival of daily life in any eventuality that might come our way.

Thanks for the reminder!  I need to do some digging and research.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I came BACK here (now that I have a little more time) because of the wealth of information. And because y'all know that if I'm crazy, it's for some other reason, not because I'm a prepper. :D The other day the site wouldn't load and I had a moment of panic until it did. Yes. This place is a WEALTH of information!!  So glad I can be a part of it!!:grouphug:

ETA: I would add that I think this place fits me to a tee. I am the Mrs in the survival of our home. Hubby does a whole lot, but for certain things, it's on me (like canning, etc). I really appreciate all the learning I can do here, and all the information you're willing to share.

Edited by Joyfilled
  • Like 4

Thank you Mother for the reminders. I really haven't been on here digging into the older post as I have been so busy around here. I don't rely on the one other site I have been on because it does not have anything on it that would pertain to how I need to prep. And I don't go on that one but maybe once in a couple of months. I really like this form the best. But do need to try to find the time to read the old post. My needs for prepping has changed since Dh passed away. So I am now trying to figure out what I need to do since it is now just me and family is all moving away to other states. My last grandchild that is still here will be moving in Feb. So I will have no family members living here around me. So my situation is changing a lot and I need to figure out what I am going to be doing. I might be seeing a move to SC in the next couple of years or so. One of the reasons now I am trying to get the repairs done on house and down size everything. Not easy to decide what to let go and what to keep when it is getting harder and harder to buy things. I watch the news and don't like what is happening now. There will be another attack on this country that will be worse than 9/11.  The terrorist are also here in the US. They are coming in from the borders as well as some have blended in from Afghanistan. I think I heard on the news they have caught 2 on the wanted list that came in from Afghanistan. So I know our ways of prepping is going to become a bit different now. We will all need to be very careful of going into malls and other places where there are crowds. But then due to the corona virus, I am going to start ordering groceries on line to be delivered and do the drive up and pick them up things again. With winter time flu season, etc. it would just be the safer way to go.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Littlesister said:

I am going to start ordering groceries on line to be delivered and do the drive up and pick them up things again.

I can understand doing that for canned, boxed, or other pre-packaged food items, but, when it comes to meat I want to see it and choose it for myself!

Do you also order your meats locally to pick up at the store???

22 minutes ago, Midnightmom said:

I can understand doing that for canned, boxed, or other pre-packaged food items, but, when it comes to meat I want to see it and choose it for myself!

Do you also order your meats locally to pick up at the store???

Midnightmom, I do go in to buy my meats, but canned, boxed and laundry and stuff like that, I am going to order to pick up. Fresh foods and meats I do prefer to pick out in the store. Right now I am loaded with meat and chicken. Plus bacon. I don't buy a lot of pork though. I will be choosing my time to go into a store later this fall. If I go right when the store opens, there is no one there other than the people that work there. So that works out good. That would be when I go in to buy meat and fresh veggies. I also have a business account for Sam's club, so I can go there at 6 am when it is not busy as well. My membership is through the Farm Market that Dh's cousin owns. I have never had to pay a membership fee for there. So I will be going into stores still but only for the meat and fresh veggies. All the rest will be either on line or store curbside pickup. That should get me in and out fast before the crowds start coming in.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Great post! I just posted the first comment in years last week? I thought I was busy when my kids were in diapers. I think it got worse:) This is where it all started for me as far as preparing. I will always be grateful for this site. This is the first website I gave a gal I work with to go to for prepping info. I don't know if she will get on here or not. She is the one I trust the most in my office. When we talk about prepping it is always in whispers or after everyone has left for the day. 

When I worked overnights I was able to go back and read all the old posts on this site. Things have changed a lot since then. Even though I am more prepared, I still feel unprepared with what is coming down the pipe. I just feel a sense of urgency. I'm just trying to stay calm and not get too carried away. My biggest goal to tackle is getting organized. I have lots of stuff, but where is it all? 

• Like 6
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't posted or even visited in a long while, but I agree completely with Mother's post.  For those who are new, Drumrunner's files in the Library section are invaluable and I'm so glad they still have a home here at Mrs. S!

• Like 3