MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

All states list: Income needed for "middle class"

Mt_Rider

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/income-level-considered-middle-class-230000794.html

Oye!  I'm in one of the high cost-of-living states.   Came from...and ...returning to (?)  one of the high cost-of-living states.  But CO is a bit higher than Hawai'i....in this data, which surprised me.  :o 

Our $$$$ would certainly go further elsewhere!  :buttercup: 

MtRider  .....where HE leads, we will follow tho....  :pray: 

• Like 3

Our income is about 2/3 of the lowest middle income in our state.  I’m not concerned as that income level has taught me frugality. A good thing to know. 

• Like 4

That's what I figure, Mother.  We've survived two high states on our LOW income ......  Great practice for things to come????   Little Sister, you are right about being where your dollars will get the most for the money.  If you can make those choices, it should be a consideration.  For us, like many folks, we plan to head towards family.  Might have to show them all this prepping/survival cooking/gardening stuff! 

MtRider  :pray: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 4

We are below the lowest bracket, income wise.  AZ prices weren’t too bad, until recently.  Living frugal has become a life style for us.  My income went from excellent hourly wages, in the mid ‘90’s to a whopping $600/mo.  Talk about forced frugality.   I started gardening and constantly researching ways to make ends meet.  How to preserve anything and everything.  (BTW… that video on dehydrated water, was a pleasant laugh.  Now, it’s stuck in my head.  :008Laughing:)

Practice makes perfect, as the saying goes.  Now, everything I do, is with the future in mind.  How long will it last?  How far can I make it stretch? What can I add, for diversity?  

Mt_Rider’s  “What if..” scenarios pop into my thoughts, occasionally.  Art & craft supplies, paper books, games, tools - gardening, repair, kitchen necessities, etc… I add to them as I can, a little bit at a time.  

Recently, the cost of meat at home, is the reason I get it here in TX, when I take care of MIL.  I’m going today, again.  God willing, I will find what we need, at a reasonable price.

• Like 3

Found out today that my granddaughter and her now husband will be moving to S.C. in Feb. So now I have 2 choices if I move. N.C. or S.C.  Daughter lives in N.C. So I will have to see which state is cheapest to live. It will be 2 years or maybe 3 before I make that move. Lots to pray about and to think about.  Granddaughter in Washington State said her DH is being deployed for 9 months.  Grandson is living with them so she will have company. But they may get transfer orders after he gets back. 

Yes, the price of meat is going up here rather high as well. Need to go to stores early morning when they open to see what has been reduced. I got lucky last time I did that. So hoping that will happen again.

• Like 2