MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Not sure if there is an herbal remedy for this

A friend of mine posted a picture of her daughter's foot having had a bad reaction to a bite from an EARWIG! 

BTW - she saw the bug take the bite, but her mom "didn’t think anything about it because I had no clue about their bite."

Someone else asked her if she was sure it was an earwig and not another critter.

Here is her response to that inquiry: "...she saw it and I googled it and their bit is full of bacteria and if it isn’t addressed immediately it can turn into cellulitis or death. I was so shocked!!!"  (I got different results when I googled it.) :scratchhead:

Not sure if there is an herbal remedy, but the prudent thing to do is to immediately wash the area and apply an anti-bacterial ointment, then keep a close eye on it.

Here is the pic

No photo description available.

• Sad 2

You are correct,  Miki.  A plantain poultice works wonders for bug bites and other swellings and irritation.  However this one might benefit from a doctor, naturopath, or certified herbalist looking at it as cellulitis could be possible.  Though there are herbs and essential oils that help with that also it can be very serious.    

• Like 3