MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Coleman Plant Closing

I read where Coleman is going to have a mass permanent layoff at their Minnesota plant at the end of this year. 175 jobs lost. 

Coleman Plant in Sauk Rapids Closing, Eliminating 175 Jobs - Fox21Online

I don't know if it means anything or not but Coleman is owned by Newell Brands. I also don't know what all they manufacture at the Minnesota plant but Newell owns a lot of products we buy. They might be just getting out of the government flotation devices. I don't know.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist but some of their products might be in short supply for awhile. Especially if preppers hear about this and start figuring things out. Take a look at some of the products Newell owns. Look at the first three items. 

Our Brands (newellbrands.com)

I'm going to buy a few more boxes of Food Saver bags or rolls though in case the supply runs short for awhile. Mainly because I'm vacuum sealing a lot of dried goods right now.  

I don't want the same thing to happen to the F.S. bags that happened to jar lids and toilet paper. :rolleyes:

Sometimes it's hard to know when to sit down and shut up and wait or to stock up on something and look crazy.  :sigh:

• Thanks 2