Jump to content
MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anyone watching La Palma Volcano?


Recommended Posts

We've been keeping an eye on it....:blink: For those of you that don't know or don't remember, this is a volcano in the Cayman Islands that has a section that is thought will someday fall off into the ocean. If (or when) it does, it will cause a massive tsunami all over the E coast of N and S America (less to the S, more to the N is what I understand). We live in central KS, but are still keeping an eye on it. May God have mercy!

 

If you've been looking into it, what are your predictions? How would it affect the rest of the country? If you live on the E coast, what would be your cue to leave?

 

A lot to think of.

Link to comment

I knew about it but have not kept an eye on it as of late. I would be in the path of the tsunami.  I am not far enough in to escape it.  Not sure if I would even have enough time to go inland as I would as I understand it would have to go at least 200 or 300 hundred miles or more inland to get away from it.  But if it does happen, I know where I will be. As they say, good bye cruel world.  I am about 30 to 35 miles inland of the Atlantic ocean. The tsunami would come in much further than that.

I will have to figure out when the time would be to leave as I have not checked this in a long while. As for the prediction about it. I think it will happen at some point in time. Just not sure as to when.

Edited by Littlesister
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

Thanks for sharing the info about this. I had not heard about it til now. Living where I do, I wouldn't be affected but will be something to think about. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Littlesister said:

I knew about it but have not kept an eye on it as of late. I would be in the path of the tsunami.  I am not far enough in to escape it.  Not sure if I would even have enough time to go inland as I would as I understand it would have to go at least 200 or 300 hundred miles or more inland to get away from it.  But if it does happen, I know where I will be. As they say, good bye cruel world.  I am about 30 to 35 miles inland of the Atlantic ocean. The tsunami would come in much further than that.

I will have to figure out when the time would be to leave as I have not checked this in a long while. As for the prediction about it. I think it will happen at some point in time. Just not sure as to when.

 

I think having a plan is a good idea, but I wouldn't panic. Maybe know what routs you would take, where you would go? Have a Go Bag ready (you seem to be a pro at this, so I'm mainly typing it out for others benefit that may be looking for ideas). Treat it like a fire? But leaving before the masses would be important, as to not get caught up in traffic. Keeping your vehicle filled with gas, maybe extra to take with you....

 

The nice thing about those preparations is that they cover a bunch of other things, too! :)

 

I'm not saying (at all) that this is GOING TO HAPPEN....just something to keep our eyes and ears open for. And of course, our eyes fixed above.

Link to comment

I've read a little bit about it. All the way from a few rumbles to the island sinking. Lots of hype and speculation going on. I wouldn't worry too much about it over here. I read where one scientist said USA would have around 7 hours before a tsunami would hit here. Have a go bag ready and head west until you get tired of driving and then get a hotel room for the night. 

 

You could map out your route now and check out a couple of hotels on your route. Write down their phone numbers and call for a reservation before you leave the house. A toll road is a good option. They have truck stops, food, gas, bathrooms and an area to rest in your car.  

 

Also, it's not the Cayman Islands. It's the Canary Islands. Way over by Spain.  :D

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I've read a little bit about it. All the way from a few rumbles to the island sinking. Lots of hype and speculation going on. I wouldn't worry too much about it over here. I read where one scientist said USA would have around 7 hours before a tsunami would hit here. Have a go bag ready and head west until you get tired of driving and then get a hotel room for the night. 

 

You could map out your route now and check out a couple of hotels on your route. Write down their phone numbers and call for a reservation before you leave the house. A toll road is a good option. They have truck stops, food, gas, bathrooms and an area to rest in your car.  

 

Also, it's not the Cayman Islands. It's the Canary Islands. Way over by Spain.  :D

Cayman, Canary....hey, I was close!! I did know the Spain part (because I speak Spanish, so understand their language, and it's close to W Africa where my sister and her family live)....but that's funny right there!

 

Good advice. I'm in Central KS, so I don't think it would affect us here at all, but I think that your advice is solid. Keep an eye on it, have a plan. Have a go bag. Good advice!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

At least it started with a 'C'. That's closer than I usually get.  :P

CA....I got two letters. That's not too shabby! :hapydancsmil:And really, more even....if ya rearrange them a bit. :lol:

Edited by Joyfilled
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I don’t believe we would get the water in Illinois but what about the millions of people coming here to escape it?  How will the Midwest accommodate them even if they are heading further west?  They would have no homes, no jobs, maybe no money if banks are wiped out, only the clothes, supplies, and personal effects they could grab.  Scary for them and us both.  :wacko:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Mother said:

I don’t believe we would get the water in Illinois but what about the millions of people coming here to escape it?  How will the Midwest accommodate them even if they are heading further west?  They would have no homes, no jobs, maybe no money if banks are wiped out, only the clothes, supplies, and personal effects they could grab.  Scary for them and us both.  :wacko:

My hubby brought that up, too....:(:pray:

  • Sad 2
Link to comment

Good point, Mother.  To say nothing of all of our central govt being wiped out  ......  :unsure:  ......or would that be helpful? 

 

My brother is on a boat near D.C.  and his dd is on their farm 40 miles inland from D.C.    Not far enough inland.  Not for a nuke and not for La Palma landslide.  

 

......wouldn't affect us in CO ....except the problem Mother brought up. 

 

MtRider  .....I'd heard this long ago but I don't think it was rumbling at that point.  :pray: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Good point, Mother.  To say nothing of all of our central govt being wiped out  ......  :unsure:  ......or would that be helpful? 

Well, I mean.....:blush:

 

Praying for your family on the E Coast. And mine (well, W Africa). And....well, the whole situation. :pray:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

If you remember what happened with the nuclear power plants in Japan.  There are 40 nuclear power plants on the east coast.  If a tsunami hits, it would take out all 40 of those power plants.  Unless they have time to shut them out which I don't think they can shut down that many that fast. That is what the whole USA will be facing. You need to know the wind patterns for this. If I can get out in time I will head west. That seems to be the way they say is best way to go. I am now watching it much more closely and I saw it mentioned one time on Fox news. It's not looking good right now.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Littlesister said:

If you remember what happened with the nuclear power plants in Japan.  There are 40 nuclear power plants on the east coast.  If a tsunami hits, it would take out all 40 of those power plants.  Unless they have time to shut them out which I don't think they can shut down that many that fast. That is what the whole USA will be facing. You need to know the wind patterns for this. If I can get out in time I will head west. That seems to be the way they say is best way to go. I am now watching it much more closely and I saw it mentioned one time on Fox news. It's not looking good right now.

What are you watching for, LS? I'm finding a lot of "no way this could happen" stuff ...😥

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Joyfield, I am watching the whole thing on this volcano, but mostly about the earthquakes there.  I am not worried about it as I know it can and will happen that a portion of that island will fall into the ocean causing one huge mess. I keep my eye on Jesus. He gave us salvation.  We are now very close to the rapture. That is my blessed hope. So though I know this Tsunami can and more than likely will happen one day. My trust is and always will be in God. I don't think about the stuff going on in this world as it is of satin. My real home is in heaven and that is what I stay focused on. Don't let the things of this world worry you. Just prep for what you can do with the Lord leading you in the direction you need to go. Things will work out for the good. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Joyfield, I am watching the whole thing on this volcano, but mostly about the earthquakes there.  I am not worried about it as I know it can and will happen that a portion of that island will fall into the ocean causing one huge mess. I keep my eye on Jesus. He gave us salvation.  We are now very close to the rapture. That is my blessed hope. So though I know this Tsunami can and more than likely will happen one day. My trust is and always will be in God. I don't think about the stuff going on in this world as it is of satin. My real home is in heaven and that is what I stay focused on. Don't let the things of this world worry you. Just prep for what you can do with the Lord leading you in the direction you need to go. Things will work out for the good. 

Yes!!! Very well said. ❤️

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess it's not getting any better. My sister and her hubby are arriving late on Tuesday night for my Mom's celebration of life service....they live in W Africa. They would have an hour notice, maybe not even, so I haven't even brought it up. They have no where to go! Everything is so low there....so I just pray, and trust. They are right with the Lord, so in that sense I'm not worried. Of course, if it happened while they were here, my nephew and niece would still be there, not to mention extended family of theirs as well as the orphanage they run and their church. So...I watch....and pray....and trust. God is good, all the time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I have it running on my computer too. I check it often. I have two different views on. Last night it was horrendous. I think one of the walls collapsed. It seems to be worse at night. But that might be because we get a better look at the glowing lava. I've never seen anything like it. They say that because of the type of volcano it is there is very little chance of a tsunami.  :pray:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is on right now check out the volcano. It's blowing its top again. The poor people living there. :pray:

This is day 37 of this.  

 

 

🌎 LIVE: La Palma Volcano Eruption in the Canary Islands (Feed #1) - YouTube

🌎 LIVE: La Palma Volcano Eruption, the Canary Islands (Feed #2) - YouTube

🌎 LIVE: La Palma Volcanic Eruption, Ocean Entry (Feed #3) - YouTube

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment

Yeah, it's lost most of its top and still roaring. I've never seen anything like it. I've learned a lot about volcanos and La Palma island. 

 

One good thing is this volcano is mostly a lava spewing kind and not the blow out kind like the one in Japan (Aso) last week. So there is very little chance of a tsunami.

 

Mt. Aso happened on the island we used to live on.  :(

 

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment

I heard about it arouind 10 years ago.  I do not expect a tsunami to affect me, I am quite FAR from the coast (200 miles), but I would have to deal with a huge influx of panicky refugees...I would expect more trouble from the power centers of NY city and Washington DC finding it as yet another excuse to appropriate as much aid/resources/money as they can get while the shock is still fresh.  After all, SOMEBODY has to pay for the mess, and it won't be the entitled class, LOL.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.