MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

La Palma Volcano Live

Jeepers

Live feed today with sound.  One guy on another channel showed a book he had with him and he said it was covered with gritty dust. I wouldn't want to be a spectator there breathing in all of that ash. 

DIRECTO I Erupción del volcán de La Palma: El avance de la lava afecta a más de 1.000 viviendas - YouTube

Eyewitness Report with some interesting facts.

More earthquakes! La Palma Volcano eruption. Magma raises the earth's ground by 8 inches. LIVE NEWS! - YouTube

Remember that just because the volcano might reach the coast doesn't necessarily mean there will be a landslide or a tsunami. So don't panic. Just be aware and see Mother Nature at her hottest. 

Different Camera:

🌎 LIVE: La Palma Volcano Eruption in the Canary Islands (Feed #1) - YouTube

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I have been watching this closely.  There is another issue with this.  The E. coast has 40 nuclear power plants. Remember Japan. This will be much worse.  Don't think I would have enough time to get out of dodge with this. My understanding is we would have a 7 to 9 hour window to get out. I will have things packed and ready to head west. But I would leave before people start to try to get out or I would be in a bottleneck situation with traffic going no where. All I can do is pray and hope me and family can get away. But not going to worry about it either. 

On 9/22/2021 at 6:53 PM, Littlesister said:

There is another issue with this.  The E. coast has 40 nuclear power plants. Remember Japan.

Oye, LittleSister.  You're right.  What a disaster movie that would make. 

MtRider  :pray:    ....maybe some lava will "cement" the lose chunk back tight again?  :shrug:  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Littlesister said:

Bridge over troubled waters.  It's a song I remember from a long time ago. And that is just where we are. this song seems to sum up all that's going on around here. If I remember right I think it is by the Beatles.

"Bridge Over Troubled Waters" is by Simon & Garfunkle.

• Like 2

Lava has reached the Atlantic Ocean. No talk of a tsunami happening yet. I suppose the lava isn't enough to raise the water level. It's still spewing. I think an actual landslide would have to occur before that would happen. Or an earthquake. Neither one predicted. It has been a phenomenal thing to watch and learn from. 

🌎 LIVE: La Palma Volcano Eruption in the Canary Islands (Feed #1) 927 - YouTube

V and the sea.jpg

Edited by Jeepers
Forgot Link
  • Sad 1

I hope that the lava as hot as it is will not cause part of the island to slide into the ocean. Still watching very close. I found out, and not sure if it is true or not. But some of the tsunami buoy warnings have been turned off deliberately. May be only one that is in working order. So will be wondering how we will get notice that a tsunami will happen.