MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tomorrow is a sad day

Momo

September 23rd will be my first wedding anniversary without DH.  I know it is going to be a difficult day. He has been gone for 10 months now but it really isn't getting any easier.  He was such a good man.  I guess I will have to focus on that old saying that it is "better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

Momo, I don't think it does get any easier.  Lost my DH 7 months ago and I still have my moments.  Our anniversary was January 26th. Dh passed on Feb. 14th. Praying for you as you go through this that it will get easier as time passes for the both of us. I am just trying to pass the time by staying as busy as I can. Trying to declutter the house and get repairs done. It has kept me busy but nights are the worse for me now. 

Wish there was something I could say that would make it easier, but I don't know what it would be. Just take comfort that you and he had wonderful times together and keep him close to your heart. 

:pray: and :hug3:going your way.   Just try to stay busy as that is the only thing that keeps me going. Maybe when you start back into prepping it will help you as well. 

• Like 1

Two shall become one. It's from God, and He knows the deepest of sorrows. If you did not grieve, there would be something wrong. As I grow older, I wonder how I would ever survive without DH. We've been attached at the hip for almost 50 years.    :hug3:

I have a dear friend who lost her hubby about 4 months ago. She calls regularly and bends my ear for hours at a time. It's a special time we have together as we tell stories about her hubby all the time. He was one of the smartest and funniest guys I know. I am so sorry they moved away so far a few years ago but we spend that special time together on the phone to help with the passing of time. I have no doubt that we will see him again in Heaven, but the wait can seem like forever, especially at night.  :sad-smiley-012:

Love you, Momo.  :hug3:

• Like 3