MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pantry Organization Tips

Saw these ideas on "The Purposeful Pantry." Rather ingenious. I like the way she thinks as I am always looking for non-traditional uses for otherwise single purpose items. :thumbs:

Do you have any hints, tips, or examples of how your optimize space in your pantry and keep it organized?

1863511626_storingspaghettiboxes.JPG.3c042c8e824112e4bb2afd151066f154.JPG   1065498139_storingwrappingpaper.JPG.7d61e299809ebe8ca9a1a5693904727d.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Wish I was at the Indy house with my camera. I have some of these in white frosty color with no holes in the side. I think I got them at Staples or Office Max. I've been using them for many years. I made a label for the front of each one saying what is in them. One has 'Dental' on it for toothpaste, floss, toothbrushes and mouthwash. Another for 'Hair' spray and mousse. One for 'Shampoo' and one for 'Conditioner'. One for 'Face' with wipes, cleaning pads and toner (especially nice for summer sweat). One for 'Deodorants' and anti perspirants. 'Lotions'. You get the idea. These are prep items I have stored away that I keep full. When I use anything out of a container, I replace it with fresh. I have to admit they look pretty nice lined up on the shelf all labeled. 

I never thought about using them for foil and cling wrap though! Those narrow boxes fall over so easily. Oh, and for different sizes of Zip Loc bag boxes! Wonder if Dollar Tree or Dollar General have those. Maybe Big Lots. Would surly be less expensive than the Staple/Office Max ones I bought years ago. 

Thanks!...I think  $$$$   :icon19:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That is a great idea. I am going to steal that idea. I have loads of foil, storage bags, etc. that are part of my preps. That will get them all in one place and organized easily.  Will have to get one for spaghetti as well.  

I need to go to dollar tree and dollar general anyway. Will check there as well as big lots. Possible that Walmart might have them cheaper than office max or staples as well.  Will also check on line for prices as well. I do have one wooden one that I use in office. but I keep papers in that and then file them when it is almost full.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...