MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

When You Don't Have the "Right" Tool................

Midnightmom

I used to put a chair in front of the sink, set the bucket on  the chair, then place a cookie sheet under the faucet and down towards the bucket.  But if you have access to a bathtub or shower sprayer, that is easier.  

• Like 6

Cookie sheet works in the tub too and it fills a lot faster than the sink.   I used to do baby and child stuff at a church a long time ago.  We had limited areas for stuff and I'm lazy.   

• Like 3

We have a shower head on a hose.....and no bathtub.  So...drop the showerhead/hose into the bucket and try not to get sprayed as it swivels sometimes.  If it wasn't on a hose....I'd have to try methods like this to fill a bucket. 

MtRider  :bathbaby:  ....prefer shower but a bathtub is handy sometimes.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

We have a shower head on a hose.....and no bathtub.  So...drop the showerhead/hose into the bucket and try not to get sprayed as it swivels sometimes. 

Remove the showerhead from the end of the hose and drop the hose into the bucket. "Swirling and swiveling" eliminated! :thumbs:

• Like 2

I gave up with buckets, when I got ‘weak’ enough, not to be able to lift or carry them.  I use a small garbage can, office sized, maybe a gallon,  fill it 1/2 way & do what I need to.  Yes, when cleaning, I do have to change the water a lot.  But it’s worth it to get the jobs done.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Midnightmom said:

Remove the showerhead from the end of the hose and drop the hose into the bucket. "Swirling and swiveling" eliminated! 

Nope....won't reach the bucket.  Also there is sealant tape around that connection that would be messed up.  Might work for some other shower hose situation but ...  :shrug:  not ours.

MtRider  ....wanna know how many times I've gotten sprayed....  :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1