MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Funnies

Annarchy

9 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Oh, I just looked it up. It's in Ohio. One of four new ones going up on the I-80 turnpike $$$$. 

I thought that the INTERSTATE highway system was supposed to be FREE! I know that STATE built and maintained highways can charge tolls - example, the New Jersey Turnpike - but not FEDERALLY funded roads. How can they get away with this???

ETA: I went back to Jeepers' post and saw the link to the construction page. THAT one is definitely a state funded/built highway, but I was confused by her calling it the I-80 "turnpike." I-80 is the designation for an Interstate highway that runs east to west (odd numbers run north to south) so I was confused by her use of that name.

As to buying gas before hopping on this stretch of road, I wonder if they will do what Jersey did and allow the construction of gas stations and restaurants in the center of the opposing traffic lanes. That way you won't have to pay when you get off and then get a new "pass" when you get back on. In Jersey, shorter trips cost more(per mile) than longer ones do.

Edited by Midnightmom

I get it Mt. Rider. Some folks go along to get along. I agree that China and others too, would love nothing more than to get their hands on Hawaii. 

What I was referring to was what Homey was saying about her SIL's family. About having to have a passport and jabs to get into Hawaii.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 1:00 AM, Jeepers said:

What I was referring to was what Homey was saying about her SIL's family. About having to have a passport and jabs to get into Hawaii.  

No longer necessary! :darlenedance:

Maui's mayor announced that the requirement to be vaccinated or to show a negative COVID test to dine indoors at restaurants and bars or to go inside gyms. The vaccine requirement ends on February 21st, 2022.

I may have celebrated too soon. It seems as if this is good news ONLY for those who live there, or are there now, not for people/vacationers just arriving. :wacko:

7 minutes ago, Midnightmom said:

No longer necessary! :darlenedance:

I may have celebrated too soon. It seems as if this is good news ONLY for those who live there, or are there now, not for people/vacationers just arriving. :wacko:

That's what I was thinking. Probably still have to get vaxxed up and show passport to board a plane to even get there. 

Found an old memory from DD13s 4th grade.   It reads: " Houses would be more tenologic if that is a word. There would be more technology and its probably how I die. " Attached pic of house with error message.   This about sums up modern house gadgets for me.  

20220303_113719.jpg

• Like 3

Outerwear Jersey Sleeve Grey Sportswear

My tabs would have to fill both arms....Im old enough to remember that we were all supposed to ie because of:  water pollution, air pollution, Y2K, etc, etc, etc.....

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...