MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Interesting look at "etiquette"

https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-forgotten-art-of-etiquette-proper-behavior-that-embraces-divine-wisdom_4210457.html?utm_source=News&utm_campaign=breaking-2022-01-14-1&utm_medium=email&est=4%2Bg9xyFWiFR2jjt%2BVGvAl%2FePiT7Ecu4a4jWNXp3btCjgZ%2F9weVn0biRDtaTeJXqF1g%3D%3D

My first take on this subject was "how to lift one's pinkie finger while precariously eating soup in front of stuffy socialites".  :lol:  

{you know you thot that too, right?}

Take a look at the beginning of this article....I haven't read any further myself but....I think it might be a worthy read.

QUOTING==================================

The Forgotten Art of Etiquette: Proper Behavior That Embraces Divine Wisdom

Conduct that manifests as kindness, grace, poise, and selflessness can connect us to the divine.
January 14, 2022

Etiquette has its own divine wisdom. It is an art form of being civil, differing across cultures and times, benefiting everyone involved—which, when practiced, keeps us from deviating to ignorantly rude mortals and brings our consciousness closer to a realm beyond this physical world.

Originally, etiquette reflected the universal norms of proper behavior. But, in essence, it is all about self-awareness: how to act in a dignified way when alone or with others, as well as extending a piece of kindness and grace in our interactions, and being mindful of all little details, including respecting the space we occupy.

END QUOTING====================================

:scratchhead:    Hmmmmm........

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Interesting take on Confucianism.  Combining Li and Ye tenants.   I'm glad to see that they give proper credit to where they are taking it from.   

Edited by euphrasyne