MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ya gotta see it to believe it! Colorado Wildlife playing pingpong.

Mt_Rider

As a long time wildlife rescuer I’ve seen a LOT of strange situations concerning wildlife.  I once helped remove a cougar from a school basement but never a Moose in a basement.   That had to have taken some real effort and skill to get it out.   :scratchhead:

• Like 2

Moose....cougar......and snakes.  :sassing:      Those I would not like to get close to.  :grinning-smiley-044:    They had to trank this big fella but oye!  They're so heavy and LONG legged!  The ping pong table looked damaged....like he tried to find a way out himself.  If he just swiveled his head....he's carrying those big ping pong paddles on his head....  :rolleyes:  I imagine the poor guy was traumatized to find himself in that "hole in the ground".  

How did the cougar get in.....and out ... of a school basement???

MtRider  ...inquiring minds want to know!  :)

• Like 1

I can’t help wondering how that moose actually fell through the window well.  I’m surprised his antlers even got through.  

The school had a ramp going into the lower level to load and unload supplies and equipment.  The kids often used that exit to get to the buses and it was thought the door didn’t shut correctly or was left open.  Thankfully the cat went into an office near the exit.  You can probably imagine the shop teacher’s surprise when he went to sit at his desk.  It had taken refuge under it and tried to come at him spitting and hissing but the teacher had enough presence of mind to shove it back under with the desk chair and to shut the door behind him when he went screaming into the hall.  In all fairness, the teacher was screaming for the kids to evacuate the area and for someone to, for heaven’s sake, call 911.  We got the call but called in the wildlife experts and only assisted.  They tranquilized it from a window after attempting to enter the office to do it.  I helped carry that big girl out.  It took four of us.  I can just imagine how many it took to carry that Moose!! :huh:  

I’d like to say it was all in a day of being a rehabber but that cat was beautiful, it’s fur wonderful to touch but it’s teeth and claws downright scary even out cold! :behindsofa: 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Mother said:

I can’t help wondering how that moose actually fell through the window well.

Me too.  I think it mentioned that it was a people fire escape window so maybe it's design was much larger than the earlier small things I'm thinking of.  ??

I had an accidental "meeting" with a skunk once ...on our Iowa farm.  It was after all those rabies shots in stomach in 3rd grade so we were ARE hyper-vigilant about rabies animals like skunks and raccoons.  I was down in the barn and my mom was hollering something and pointing.  Then I heard "skunk".....so I began to run across the barnyard to head up the hill towards the house.  :shakinghead:     The skunk was coming around the corner of the barn from the other way and our meeting in the middle about gave my mom a heart attack.  THAT'S what she was trying to tell me. 

We came from different directions but avoided a collision.  However out of confusion, I think, the skunk and I took the same route.  :sassing:  I was ahead and I kept running up to the house......leaving one boot behind in the mud.  Course my mom about had another heart attack, thinking I'd stop to get my boot..    :laughkick:    No way....muddy socks don't compare to rabies shots! 

MtRider  ....these days in our wild woods, if I ever have to go down the outside stairs after dark, I always shine a spot light under the porch and around.  Dog on porch too as for vigilant watch and alarm .

• Like 2