MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Amazing nature/weather photos

Mt_Rider

• 2 weeks later...

This is what got dumped on us.  It's somewhat melted off now that the weather has risen to the 50's during the day.  We didn't even try to get out.  Hubby shoveled us out afer aboyut 4 days, so he could get out in an emergency.  The city won't put down salt because it degrades the roads.   We got a total of about 10 inches during the 3 days.

100_2033.JPG

100_2034.JPG

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Bet Abby-Girl had a ball with that!

We've had a lot of snow this winter too. We got 11-12 inches last Wednesday. I think we have had around 50 inches this year. I never thought to take pictures though. My mailbox is leaning far to the right but the snow and ice is keeping it from falling all the way over. Mail person can still use it so it works for me. We are pretty lucky up here. The city sends out crews with salt, sand and brine before it even starts to snow. A few flakes and the plows are out. 

Snow plow + heavy snow + excessive speed = mailbox casualties.   Every. Single. Year.

• Sad 2

RE:  mailbox casualties

Our trash bin is chained/padlocked to the corner post of the roadside fence.  Right next to the driveway.  SOMEHOW we had a corner post + trash bin casualty.  It's several feet down into the ditch from the road.  I can't figure out HOW.....WHO....WHAT ....happened to knock all of that over.  Would have had to just rip the trash bin manually....not likely.  The flat large rock that holds down the lid is MIA.  That keeps the snow/rain from getting in if the wind blows the lid open.  We remove it on trash day so they don't deal with it.  :scratchhead: 

I managed to prop the corner post up with a couple metal supports.  { this happens when DH is sick.... }  The huge trash bin is upright again...still chained to a post that is not connected to the ground.  But it is connected with 4 strands of barbed wire ...to the next T-post.  <_<  

MtRider   :gaah:  Nuff already, right? 

• Sad 2