MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I’m back-after many, many years away

wheezie

Hi everyone! I used to frequent this board often but I dunno. I guess life happened and I stepped away. Actually, I got divorced, moved to a new state (from NC to VA) took a new job with more hours, etc. I find I don’t have much time in my hands usually-but I’m recovering from surgery now so here I am. Lol

i was SO happy to read the email about the changes that are happening. I had tried to find this board a little while ago but sadly I’d forgotten the name so I was super excited to see that email. 

Anyway. I’m here. :) I’m usually pretty quiet but I’ll be poking around, trying to get back in the prepping game. For the last few years I’ve been in an apartment and space was limited so I pretty much stopped all prepping. But now I’m in a house and I have lots of room. I’m prepping for me, my boyfriend, my 21 year old daughter who lives about 20 minutes away, and my 17 yr old son who lives with me. 

I look forward to getting to know all of you again.

• Like 7

wheezie, we are SO happy you're back! We're still in the process of overhauling everything so please be patient as we do, but it just makes it that much more special that you can join the journey with us.

As a side note, I, too, went through many changes over the past 15 years so I totally understand and you're in good and understanding company with that :)

• Like 3

Wiccadstargazer :wave: welcome back.  It’s really good to see you back.  It’s been really nice seeing so many familiar names.

• Like 3

Spider,  :wave: how are you?  It’s so nice to see you back.  Each time I use this :animal0017:I think of you. You were here when I came on.  I hope you will stay a while.  We miss you. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Spider said:

Hi A New Me. I'm coming home too. Been gone for a while, but thought I'd stop by and visit a bit.

It’s so good to see you! Kind of like a big reunion….love it!

• Like 2

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I see so many names that I remember from spending so much time here. You all became friends even though we never met. Isn't that funny, lol. I've thought of so many of you over the years and wondered how you all were. For us, life has been a bit challenging and devastating in the last couple of years. DH was in a severe motorcycle accident 4 years ago. He broke his right scapula into 3 pieces, all of his right ribs and his right foot. He had 2 brain hemorrhages, a punctured lung, and lacerated right kidney. We learned that a medivac helicopter costs $28,000.00 for a 15 minute ride. All of his injuries healed well except the foot. The small break caused his foot to dislocate (on the xray his tibia/fibula was sitting next to his foot bones on the floor). He eventually went to Cleveland Clinic to have reconstruction done. They are marvelous. Unfortunately, he developed MRSA and osteomyelitis and a year later had to have a below knee amputation.  He is doing great now and we are so thankful for God's protection and provision and the great friends who pitched in to help. Just before all of that I'd taken custody of my mom because she had dementia. I eventually had to place her in a nursing home. She no longer knew who I was. In comes Covid and our nursing homes shut tight for more than a year. She still got it, but survived. They eventually let us in when it was clear we were losing her. She finally went home to Christ this past October. Dementia is a hateful disease. I'm trying to grieve in a healthy way and not hold it in. I truly needed some joy in my life....and I received Darlene's email. I believe God is at work here as He always has been. :animal0017::animal0017:

Edited by Spider
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Oh my Spider, you really have been through the wringer. So many of us have been going through difficult times in the past few years. You must have been so worried about your husband. I'm in the Cleveland, Ohio area and although I was only there once, I've heard nothing but good things about The Cleveland Clinic. I'm also sorry for the loss of your dear mother. But we are glad you are back with us now!   :grouphug:

• Like 3