MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Been Awhile, But Not Forgotten

Wow. I loved the email I just got from Darlene.

I need to apologize for not keeping up with you all. I've been engulfed with taking care of my elderly parents. Dad passed in 2018, but Mom is still with us at nearly 97. I'm tired and exhausted.

The only thing I disagree with in the newsletter is that there will be no political discussions! Nope, we HAVE to have such a room. Please, create a political discussion room! I'll be back when that room is created.

Love you all!

Steph

1 hour ago, edensong said:

I need to apologize for not keeping up with you all. I've been engulfed with taking care of my elderly parents. Dad passed in 2018, but Mom is still with us at nearly 97. I'm tired and exhausted.

The only thing I disagree with in the newsletter is that there will be no political discussions! Nope, we HAVE to have such a room. Please, create a political discussion room! I'll be back when that room is created.

It's so awesome to see you again evensong! You're one of the original members at MrsS, even before I took her over so it's extra special to see you again :)

I know that real life has to always take priority, and I know that you've had far more important things with your family, and I'm sure it's meant the world to them that they had you to help. But the fact remains that over the years, the several attempts to allow political discussions blew up in MrsS's face. 

That was due to the irresponsibility of some of the posters, and the site and many members suffered the consequences from it. So, I'll have to give a hard pass on political discussions at MrsS. It's just not going to happen. It's not what we're about and Lord knows there's a million other things we have going on in our lives that are far more important, especially when we're so busy with our families.

Stay in touch and I hope you reconsider. It was such a nice and special surprise to see you post!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had completely forgotten about this forum!  I was surprised to get the email this morning, and suddenly glad to have access to it again!  Thank you Darlene!  I don't remember the last time I was on.    I retired from teaching in 2011, and then immediately went to work homeschooling my grandsons.  The greatest blessing I could have!  Glad to reconnect again.

• Like 3

:wave: welcome back Keikokat.  I’m glad the email brought you back to us.  I homeschooled our son who is now forty and our grandson who just turned twenty.  It really is a blessing.  We have a good homeschool forum here but it can always use a new perspective.  If you get a chance stop down there and say hi. 

Edensong….I know exactly the exhaustion you feel! After moving down here in 2012 my Dad had a stroke and it changed everything. He has numerous health issues but very independent. I try to take care of him as best as possible from 4 hours away since he and my Mama are divorced. Sometimes it’s a lot!

Keikokat…hats off to you for homeschooling. DD did virtual at the beginning of pandemic and it was a nightmare! She’s in high school. I think it was the program they implemented but as much as she would like to go back to some form of homeschool I don’t think I could do it again. 

looking forward to getting to know you both 

• Like 3