MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whatcha doing today?

Littlesister found money is always a win :) Glad you got your shopping done

Jeepers too cute with your grandson and his superhero socks :wub: Kids know what we have forgotten it's the little joys in life that make it worth living :)

Homey that is interesting about the pre-ordering of the turkeys. Makes sense if they know what is ordered they can estimate how many needed to be raised- supply and demand and hope for the bird flu outbreak not to ruin everything

Emeraldcat hope you can stay balanced and not fall into a deep depression I understand winter can really worsen that with the cold and dark. I have a sunlamp which helps me out in the darker months with full spectrum light. I need to figure out where I put that since our move I can't recall what room it ended up in

Euphrasyne- Glow in the dark yarn how fun :hapydancsmil: I am making a fall afghan but had to pull out half of what I did this morning because somewhere along the line I ended up decreasing as I went...sigh I love to crochet just not very good at it. I started it a year ago just can't seem to make much progress but it is relaxing when I am making time for it. 

Midnightmom that's some good prices you scored :cele: I have been looking at more meatless meals to stretch the budget. 

We had a window in the attic break last night in the big windstorm. It was 124 yrs old so we think the glazing needed replaced and it rattled so much it just broke. So DH put a board up and I'm looking for places that can help repair it. Just seems like we get one thing fixed and two more pop up to take care of. Also our power bill budget billing went up by $70 a month. I'm kind of stressing about that but we'll just have to figure out how to pay for everything. Thankfully my travel re-imbursement for work should come in my next paycheck so I can use a bit of that to fix the window. 

Other than the broken window tomorrow I'm going to finish all the plastic over the other old windows to help seal up for winter. Need to caulk the crack in my front door and work on the yard. I'd use the mower to mulch if we didn't have so many trees but think instead I need to get garden fencing up and do a deep leaf mulch over that area so I can work on killing off the grass in that area to prep if for next spring. So much to do and just 2 days a week to really do it since I work so late. I feel really behind right now. But can only put one step in front of the other and try to get one thing a day done.

• Like 7

Went to Merry Market today and bought a dress for our elf on the shelf (husband's thing), a knit pumpkin, and did lots of baby crafts and pics with Santa.  It was too many people and I was not impressed at prices vs materials because most of the things offered, I can make myself.   I believe in paying for time spent on a craft, but when I can make it myself for 1/10 or less of the price.... just no.... they are great but I can do the same or better.   I like to pay for homemade, but I'd probably spend more if I could not make it myself.  I'm too crafty for my own  others good.   

I spent way too much for an elf on the shelf costume because I intend to trace the costume and make my own pattern from it to sew more.     

This afternoon, I cleaned and organized my office with the help of kids DD14 and DD2.  Some people call it a craft room or a She Shed, but my office is where all the magic happens. 

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 7

Never seen glow in the dark yarn before either. Interesting. 

Food Lion did get some turkeys in when I went to store last week but it wasn't many and were $2.89 a lb. I think. Haven't checked the ads for this week yet.

Got dining room finished but will have to do another light cleaning on chandelier. It streaked from all the dirt and dust that was on it from construction. So will just clean it again and let it drip. 

GS cleaned main bathroom and washed his clothes when he got up this afternoon. And has been going through his clothes. He's trying to get them organized as to work clothes, and other clothes. At least he is trying to organize a bit now. He has some things heading to Good Will that he can't wear anymore. So good to get those out of the way. 

Jeepers, enjoy those moments with your grandson, you will treasure those times. My grandson is the youngest of 5 and will be 21 on the 15th. I still think about all those times with all my grandchildren when they were all young. Lots of fond memories. Then the weddings, and out on their own. Now they have all moved to other states but the youngest one that is living with me for now. But he plans on moving out by 1st of year. So, he will be on his own.  Guess I will have to just wait for great grands to have that fun with the babies and toddlers that I had when grandkids were little. Youngest GS said he's never getting married and not having any kids. He's still young and just not ready yet. He will know one day when the right girl comes along and will then be the last wedding as then all G. children will have been married off. 

Church tomorrow and then home to work on chandelier again. Not sure what else I will do tomorrow afternoon. Might just relax and watch some TV. GS will be sleeping as he has to work tomorrow night. 

• Like 3

Whew....I was having trouble with my laptop.  Like somebody poured molassas in the "gears".  Even email was presenting strangely...and SLOW!  This morning DH and I ran some programs and cleared stuff out.  ...then I couldn't get on MrsS.  Then....doing the same thing later tonite...it worked.  :shrug: 

Today we celebrate! :balloons:   For the first time in 5 months, we have a completely working bathroom sink.  One of the big plasic washer-nuts from underneath broke.  Bought another but ya cannot get it in place w/o taking everything apart.  Decided to call "the experts" responsible for more complicated jobs here.   But property managers B and J got C0vid and B took weeks to get over it.  Then they repaired the driveway which was in severe need!  DH and I had tried to repair sink ourselves but it kept taking more expertise than we thot we had.  Just shut off cold and used hot for everything...for months. 

Eventually, DH bought the whole faucet assembly for the top....faucet/hot-cold handles.  A few days ago, we tried to get the skinny metal pipes from the shut-off valve to the new sink assembly attached.  *groan* 

I found out that with our tools and the addition of all of my dad's tools....we have about 100 wrenches.  BUT....those original pipes now did not fit the distance between the shut-off valve and the faucet "screw-onto things".  Faucet assembly was elevated 3/4" up from the sink surface. And not connecting on the hot side at all.   Again we decided to let B&J handle it. 

Then I was clearing the area and spied a FLEXIBLE plumbing pipe taking water from the toilet tank to that shut-off valve.  That and the kitchen one had been replaced by B within our 25 yrs here.  Ah HA!!!  All we need to finish is FLEXIBLE plumbing. 

DH went to the hardware store nearby and brought home two flex pipes yesterday.  Couldn't figure out why one cost more than the other.  { HINT...that's a red flag...sheeesh! }  So this afternoon he worked on the project and couldn't get the pipe tightened.  That's when I was down in basement looking in ALL our tool boxes.  Found huge, burgler-conking wrenches...and itty-bitty wrenches.  All the in-between wrenches too.  So with smaller hands, I finally got underneath the sink [ with my head literally in the small bucket that was catching drips ]  and got the hot water faucet connected to the HOT WATER. 

The last folks had this bathroom plumbing backwards.  No wonder I can't tell right from left!  So first time in decades, the hot faucet goes with hot water and cold faucet with cold water.  :woohoo: 

THEN DH figured out WHY the price difference on the flexible water hoses.  2 different sizes and only one was correct.  The size of the nut connecting to ....Well, the first one was correct and the second was not the right size.  So back to the hardware store to exchange it.  {DH is NOT into details....uh uh.  Nope! Not! }  :grinning-smiley-044:

I fit under the sink better.  Dumped the small bucket of water and turned it upside down to rest my head on.  [ the slow leak is thru the shut-off valve which we are NOT fixing!  ]   So I got the bottom nut tightened down to the shut-off valve...which then began to send the slow leak up the flex hose.  I began attaching the other end way up to the faucet assemble.  Larger nut and threads.  Very tight quarters up there.  And the drip water rose up that new flex hose and was dripping in my face again.  Better my hands than DH's tho.  But he finished off tightening in both locations.  

And we're done.  Right handle pours cold and Left handle pours hot.  Who KNEW?   :dishes:

Owners will reimburse us for the parts.  Mebbe the plumbing work too?  Dunno.  Have to wash my hair now....kinda got wet with drip water.

AND I can FINALLY put away all the bathroom stuff that's been sitting anywhere I could stuff it....back under the sink and other places in that miniscule bathroom.  We're short and we could not lay legs down straight from under sink.  Room is not wide enough and B is a very long guy!  He'll be so pleased he doesn't have to fit under there.  LOL

MtRider  :pc_coffee:   So glad laptop is working again!  :amen: 
  • Like 7

Euphrasyne......  :blink:    Glow In The Dark yarn?????   Wow.  What type of projects will come to mind from that!  :)    I don't knit/crochet much but...other projects.  

Praying for Mr. Miki  :pray:

Annarchy...lotta pumpkin.  I haven't canned for years now.  Not enough room to even be safe.  DH had to help me finish the last time.  But I should get going on dehydrating.  ....whenever my MS Fatigue Issue decides to leave.... 

BeccaAnne....yeah, I was going to suggest dumping all those wonderful leaves into the future garden spot.  Never have enough compost and mulch! 

Emerald Cat....  Quote:  I'm hoping that my BP disorder isn't starting a swing toward depression.  It wouldn't be abnormal this time of year.  When that happens, it saps all of my energy and I just have too much to do right nowEnd Quote

Yeah, I hate the seasonal swings.  I used to get SAD....Seasonal Affective Disorder.  But DH told me to take off the sunglasses [I wore allll the time outside ] and let sunlight naturally get to my eyes.  Something about a gland....???  Well, it works.  Don't know if it applies to anything else.  I've been getting out to our deck daily if the sun shines.  I haven't gotten much further since I've been back from 2nd Iowa trip this year.  :faint3:   But I want that sunshine....but not if it's snowing.  Hope you can find whatever helps your issue!!! :pray:    Glad your mom can stock up in her living situation!  Mine is trying to but doesn't get to stores as often now.  

Super Hero Socks.......  :lol:   Who knew?  What a cutie.  Ya better get over to Indy so you can have more time with that one, Jeepers! 

Good report on sales, Midnight.  Yeah, the prices we all look for are still there.  But takes a lot more work to find them.  Then with gas price, that has to be factored in too.  Better if the stores are relatively close together.  :shopping: 

LittleSister.....Lady, I wish I had a tenth of your energy.  But I'll bet it's so very nice to sit back and see BIG progress!  :sigh:    I hope my day for that satisfaction is coming........  

MtRider  :grouphug: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

They did not keep DH in the hospital but he did get 'yelled at' by doc for not wearing his oxygen all the time.  He just didn't want to do it, but now he is and feels better--like the doc said he would.  Thank you all for the prayers!  I think that neither one of us want to admit that his disease is progressing.  Although we knew it would.

Today was Church, walk dogs and not much else. I did make more black bean hummus this morning to go with my celery.

Yesterday, went to 15 mile yard sale in Louisiana with friends. Big rain, but I got some good deals as there weren't too many folks out early. My feet, socks and shoes were soaked for several hours, but so far I feel ok. Took Lysine and zinc this morning.

let me try to post a photo for you @Mt_Rider.  You probably already either have one of these or have heard of them. but if not...

20221105_130131.jpg

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Spent all morning trying to make a pick up order from BJs only for the website to stop adding things to the cart when I clicked them.  So half the stuff I'd added did not process in....because you can only order 40 items at a time.  PFFFFT.   Who goes shopping for less than 40 things?  Not me.  I hate shopping and I stock up so I can NOT go shopping using up gas, time, and health risks for as long as possible.  

So we went to BJs after lunch.  I got WAY more than 40 things and I paid a fortune for it.   It was easily 30% more than I usually spend there and I didn't get anything fancy --just the normal stuff that we go through within 3 months.  I did get a few extra easy snack type foods, and a lot of hygiene items we were low on.   DH is super picky about stuff and will only use very specific things, so I wanted to make sure he had enough to last just in case things get interesting.  It is amazing how much prices have increased in the last 1, 5, 10, and 20 years respectively.   The rate of increase is higher in this one past year than the difference from 10 to 20 years ago.  

• Like 6

I can't believe the prices either! I notice somewhat as I'm filling my cart but I nearly stagger at the registers when I see the total. I had to go to a dumpster yesterday and passed by a Wal-Mart. If I'm passing by. I'll go in.

I packed up and moved all of my coffee cups to the other house and didn't have a one here. Except an insulated one that isn't microwave friendly. I went in to get 2 cups and they only had 6 of the regular cups left on the shelf that weren't the fancy 'saying' ones. I just wanted a regular cup to heat my coffee and tea in. And I know me. I would have spent an hour in there reading all of the cups trying to decide on two of them. I need plain and simple these days.

There were skids and skids of food all over the food section. I wanted another case of canned tomatoes. I only have one. But I couldn't find one can of tomatoes anywhere. I looked all over the veggie, soup, spaghetti sauce and ethnic aisle and couldn't find one can. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place? And of course there was no one to ask. I'm probably going to order on line. I'm not making a special trip for them only to have to walk around the store looking for them. My car and I don't have that much energy to expend any more. We both run out of gas too fast.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Prices in all stores are getting worse by the week.  I was thinking about not doing a garden next spring as I really need a break from all of it.  The yard, house garden. I just need a good long rest. But with prices like they are I may be doing a garden again next year anyway.

I hate going to Wal Mart but from what everyone is saying I better make a trip there.  Maybe I can fill in holes cheap. And pick up a few things for GS.

Started back on dining room and got that finished this afternoon.  Then this evening I decided to haul all my appliances in from garage and put them in their new place. I have a cabinet on den side of kitchen that is a good size. So, after washing up and cleaning all the appliances, they went into that cabinet. That cabinet would be the dead space in corner where dishwasher is normally at the end of the bar and when we remodeled the kitchen 30 years ago, we had that section set up to open from den side. Much better that way. So, no more appliances in the garage. :cele: Packed up some things from that side of cabinet that GS will be able to use when he gets his apt. He's starting to become my Good Will place. :24: 

Ran up to the Food Lion for a couple of things earlier and they have lots of Turkeys for half price. Only a few turkey breast

but didn't look at the prices. Only looked at a couple of the whole turkeys and they had like 25.00 for 12.00. I don't need one so just checking things out.  Need to head to Harris Teeter to pick up RX. But going to hold out till Thursday for senior discount. Every little bit helps. 

Trying to hold out a BJ's trip. I can get in trouble there. But do need to go before long.

• Like 6

Euphresyne, hoping your DH is doing much better now.

Went to pick up RX this morning. Wanted to beat the traffic. Did good going to store but coming back there must have been something that happened heading toward interstate way. Traffic was backed all the way down road from James River. Don't know what happened but nothing coming from Harborview way. I was at light coming out of Harris Teeter parking lot and had to worm my way around cars trying to get under the light. :gaah:They were blocking the traffic coming out of parking lot. should have waited till later. It was still a bit cloudy, and I was going to wash the living room window. got the shears off window and here comes the sun full force on windows, so now I will just wait till this afternoon when sun goes around side of house. Don't want the windows to streak when I wash them, and the sun will do that every time. 

So now trying to decide what I want to get into while waiting for sun to go down around that window. 

Harris Teeter did have quite a few turkeys starting at 99 cents up. Didn't see any turkey breast.  Did some shopping for GS. Working on a box of foods for him to take with him when he gets his apt. Anything in freezer that he eats I will be filling his freezer up a bit as well. Also working on a box of personal items as well for him. That way he can hold on to his money for getting utilities turned on as he will have to pay a deposit. Getting out on your own can get pricey these days so want to help him as much as possible to get started. Don't want him moving back in with me after he is moved out. I love him but it's time to move out on his own. I'm the grandmother not the mother and father who should be trying to help him. Being on a fixed income has put a strain on my purse strings trying to help him with the foods he eats and such. I will get him going and then I am back to only what I normally buy. Not the specials he likes. He will learn on his own that sales are the way to go and use coupons when you can get them. Learn to eat food like normal people will help. He has a beer wallet and Champaine taste in high priced foods. 

• Like 3

Littlesister, I always helped my son when he was first starting out too. Once a mom always a mom. Or grandmom. You have been very good to yours! Once they leave the nest they find out real fast how expensive things are in the real world. Especially now. It would be nice if his own mother would step up if she is able. Of course I don't know their personal dynamics. But it would help you too. 

When son got out of high school and got his first job we told him he could still live at home but had to pay rent just like everyone else. Thankfully he didn't balk. We told him if he ever wanted to get out on his own he had better save up his money. He had a good job with no bills. He was driving a car we gave him at graduation, mostly so he could go to work. His insurance was still on ours because it was so much cheaper. We helped him make out a budget and decided what we thought he should put back to save. We went to the bank and opened a savings account so he could establish himself in the world. Every payday he gave me his check to cash. Banks were always closed when he got off of work. This was before ATM's were available in our area. I took out what he wanted to save, our rent and the rest he could do with as he pleased. Gasoline was cheap back then and he worked close to home. BUT unbeknownst to him, all of the rent money he gave us went into that savings account. By the time he fledged, he had a pretty sizeable amount in that account. Interest rates were high so it started adding up quickly. Of course I took pleasure in stocking up his food and med closets too. Barely made a dent in mine anyway. He was thrilled at the extra money and we were happy to do it. And I got rid of some older furniture and kitchenware. It wasn't always smooth sailing but in the end we all knew we've always had each others best interest at heart. 

• Like 4

Jeepers, it's a long story with my DD.  She loves babies but once they get to be teenagers she is done. She had 2 girls and youngest is a boy. Both the oldest girl and Son are ADHD and DD didn't want to deal with that. She has a Favorite child. The middle one. She was not ADHD and is more like her mom. She was born with double ear infections and by the time she was nine months old had to have tubes in ears. That happened about 3 or 4 times by the time she turned 6. Then had a growth on her tonsils and had to have them removed. So, she was attached to mom's hips and both the oldest child and GS were pretty much on their own. With GS my DD just didn't want another child. He was an accident and not planned like the first two. He came 5 and a half years later. We found out after he was born that she had rocky mountain fever and Lymes disease. So could have a little to do with the way she acted with him.  TV and computer games was her babysitter. He was playing really bad games like call of duty and others that were worse, so he grew up doing nothing but playing games on computer and is still like that today. DD pushed all of the kids out of the nest when they turned 18 as fast as she could. GS was bullied in middle school and parents did nothing about it. DD left SIL to deal with him and he was clueless. So, he pretty much was on his own and fell through the cracks at school as well. Before DD and SIL had to move for his job. GS had a good job at age 17, I think. But he had to quit to move to NC with them. I didn't think anything of it as I was dealing with taking care of DH at the time. GS started smoking pot and giving DD a hard time after the move and he was also turning 18. So, like the girls she was trying to push him out, but he was not able to move nor find a good paying job where he could get out on his own. They moved to the country where there wasn't much around but fast-food places. Can't live on that. So, she tried to get him to go into military. He did sign up but the oldest sister whose DH is in Navy. She talked him out of it. So, mom packed him up and shipped him to Washington State to live with her. She started charging him rent after he found a part time job and he still didn't make enough to live on. She told him it would include his food, but she wouldn't buy groceries. She and her DH eat out most of the time. So, he was starving because he didn't make enough to buy food after paying rent. After almost a year of living with her, she kicked him out on the street, and he was living in his car for 2 weeks before I had enough and paid for his plane ticket to come here to live. And paid to have his car shipped here as well. That put a stain on me with construction to pay for, but I wasn't going to have him living on the street like that. It is too dangerous these days to live on the street not knowing what to do. I got him to apply for food stamps and try to get housing, but he could only get food stamps. Seems in Washington you have to be living on the streets a year before you can be concerted for housing and then there was a long wait. So, he developed anger issues. He said something happened when he was much younger that caused him to be depressed and that was why he later started smoking pot. He has since stopped doing it. But does smoke cig. I won't allow him smoking in house, so he takes it outside. 2 weeks after he got here, he found a really good night job that he really likes and is making really good money now. He is trying to save as much as he can, but he had a lot of medical bills to pay off and the IRS. He got all his medical bills paid off and is working on paying off car now. He is now paying me rent and that goes back to him when he gets apt. My problem is that he likes food that cost a lot like the PJ Ching honey chicken that is almost $9.00 for a small bag and things like that. He refuses to eat veggies and he will eat some things I fix for dinner like spaghetti and baked chicken, fried chicken and things like that but only with rice or mashed potatoes. And lots of junk foods. So going to the store is really putting a hurting on my purse strings. His special foods have raised my small grocery bill by over $200 every couple of weeks. or less. His parents do not chip in to help with his food or anything else but are going to help him when he gets his apt. She still has his bedroom suit which his dad will bring down when he gets the apt. and with some dishes and things but that will be it. I have pots and pans in shed and some other things he can have as well as a kitchen table and chairs. I also have 2 end tables and coffee table he can have as well as lamps. But there are a lot of other things he will need, and I am going to tell his mother she needs to buy him sheets, blankets and other things he will need. I can only do so much on a fixed income. But over all his mentality is much better, he is not throwing those fits he was having when he first got here. He is talking more and seems to have learned to control his anger. So much improvement but he is one expensive child. 

This is a bad time for any child of his age to try to get on his or her feet and get out on their own. But he is trying hard. He hopes to have an apt. by the 1st of year, and I figured it would be another year before he would be able to do that. So, he is saving his money and working hard toward a goal. I just hope and pray it works out for him. And he knows I am here if he needs me for anything. 

If you could have seen him when he first got here, it was bad. You could see his ribs he was so skinny and starved. Can't see his rib cage now. He is gaining weight and I am sure part of that is the junk food he keeps eating. But he is building back muscles again as well. His job is hard with the heavy lifting but that is what he loves to do. When he first got here, I could fill him up. He was eating nonstop. His sister really didn't help his situation any. Just made it worse. But it also was wrong of his mother to throw him off on her like she did. DD is also like that with her animals. She loves them when they are young but once they get older and start having problems, she dumps them on the girls. So, the ferrets ended up going to the middle girl to take care of till they got so sick they had to be put down. Mom didn't want to deal with that. She was like that with the dog as well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Littlesister, that is such a sad situation but I'll tell you...it is so much more common than you probably think. Take out food and video games have become the 'parents' in many American households in this generation. Sad but true is some women don't have maternal instincts. No blame, just the way it is. My son's teen/early 20 years about killed me. Somehow we made it to the other side. We still have our disagreements but they are on an adult level now. Say our piece and move on. He is stubborn and I'm opinionated. Thankfully we share the same sense of humor and all we have to do is look at each other and lighten the mood. I had him young so we sort of grew up together. Strangers used to confuse us as a couple. He would joke and call me his sister mom. :grinning-smiley-044:

I'll say one other thing, your GS is darn lucky to have you in his life! I remember how you described him when he got to you. Poor kid. I think you probably saved his life. Especially him living on the streets. 

I hope someday, later on, he will find a good girl and start a family of his own and live a happily ever after life.  :hug3:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  Go vote (if you haven't already)!

I will walk first and then take DH to vote.  He didn't want to vote early.

Take my jeep to mechanic which didn't get done yesterday.

Walk dogs.

Grate some cheese for future use.

Quickcrete bottom steps area of back door.  That will be fun!

I will say that you ladies make me feel better about not having my own children!  I still think I missed out, but am ok with it.  LOL

• Like 6

Voted by mail Miki :) Hope the step works out well!

Jeepers that's a good way to help kids graduate the nest. I haven't done that with mine but did help them get set up as much as I could for the two that have moved out. Still have 2 adult kids at home and one 11 yr old 

Littlesister glad you could be there for your GS. It's hard I'm sure but once he's fully on his own it will all be worth it. He's lucky to have you :wub:

Super tired. Raked a lot of leaves after work and the city came a day early to vacuum them all up so it's a good thing I got out there tonight. Had help from my kids but even all 3 of us only got half the front yard done. So we have a lot more to go. Will keep going out any time I can until it's all done. I also was a busy homesteader today and ordered chicks :wub: they will arrive the first week of April so giving myself time to set up a coop and prepare. I'm excited to try something new :) It was my 4th child's 21st birthday today so we celebrated with Chinese food for dinner and lemon cake :cakeslice: So a good day all around.

• Like 4

Hello everyone.  My computer has still been acting up so I seem to get here more sporatically.  AND my spell check seeems to be turned off and I've NO idea how to get it back on.  This is not good.  I NEED spell check!  Hmph.

I also seem to be weathering thru a cold...or something.  Yesterday I felt pretty bad but nothing dire.  In addition to the (hopefully) dwindling fatigue problem.  Sniffles and weary and cold/hot and ....  :fever:       After getting up at noon today....[ getting to sleep problems again]   I didn't feel "sick".  Later today, the instense weary and "sick" was back.  So.....I hope I have it "on the run"????  I do keep sitting on the porch to get some sun...esp eyes.  

So...that's all.....and :offtobed: 

MtRider  

• Sad 4

And Miki.....no, I haven't seen that product.  Mom used to make a sort of thing like that ...but we used the polimer crystals what swell up when soaked and use evaporation.  That works in our arid climate but not where you have humidity as well. 

I've been using the Chilly Towels from Frogg Toggs.  Also works on evaporation with a "hydrophillic" [water-loving] material.  AND an ice pack sandwiched between 2 gel packs. 

This, however, might be a good idea on really hot days and in our car with not nearly enough A/C to keep me safe sometimes. 

MtRider  Thanks...gonna look that up.  :hug3: 

PS....it's SO hard to get spouses to follow doctors orders.  Hope yours will note how much better he feels and remain compliant!  :rolleyes:  

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Becca_Anne said:

Hope the step works out well!

Will be getting about 6 more bags tomorrow!  Works well for dog toenails, but want it thicker.

4 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

.it's SO hard to get spouses to follow doctors orders

Or any suggestions to make life easier.  Hah!

Today, I will walk first.

Give Peanut a bath.

Maybe finally get the car to mechanic.

Grill some pork steaks for breakfasts.

Bible study at 6:30

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Walked first.
Took Peanut Butter to the beauty parlour for haircut.
Got 6 more bags of quickcrete at Lowes.
Stopped at Walmart for a few things.
Had appointment at eye doctor. Didn't even change prescription.
Picked up Princess Peanut and came home.
Walked dogs.
Going to fix up DH's pills for the month.
Church lady group getting together this evening.
Rest!

• Like 5

Miki, are you building a whole new step? I thought you were only repairing a small area of one. Princess Peanut Butter goes to the beauty parlour more often than I do. I go once every five years for a cut whether I need it or not. LOL.  I always said my dog got much better health care that I did too. I often wished her vet was my doctor. Congrats on your eye exam. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Only got work done, but did get my big Costco order delivered. All stocked back up on paper towels, shampoo, liquid soap, QTips TP and Dishwasher tabs. Also a few other assorted items. I think overall I'm re-stocked on most paper products and non-perishable items I use daily for at least 3-6 mo amounts again. I can relax a bit there but the food is still my big concern. It's such a big project but I can only break it down one area at a time. I also invested in some fun rain boots/muck boots so I can get out in the yard when its wet. 

• Like 3

Getting down to what do I do with it stuff. Have somethings that I am trying to decide rather to keep or get rid of.  Yesterday got the living room finished. That 12 ft. window is no joke to clean. But it is off my list. Floors mopped as well.  

Went to Harris Teeter to pick up 5 prescriptions and all were free. Two of them the pharmacy keeps filling that I don't take any longer. But since they are for blood pressure, I just get them as we really don't know what will happen down the road with our medications. So those are my back up meds. I have never had all my meds free like that before, but I will take it. Money saved.  I picked up one medication for diabetics the other day and it also was free. Free is good. 

Been looking around in attic for things and found several of my blankets packed up so bringing those down this weekend to use. Glad I found them as with GS here now I need more blankets. 

Speaking of GS, he is doing so much better. I just hope when he gets his apt. around the first of year, he will continue to do well. He just needed a chance to grow up more and learn how to handle his anger issues. He is doing so much better and learning how to manage money. Just can't get him to understand he can't spend a fortune on pricy foods. Needs to learn shop the sales and use coupons. This is a work in progress.  But we will get there. He is at work now and should be home around 3:30 in the morning.  Don't know how he can work like that. I know I can't do it. But he loves it. 

• Like 3