MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

And He gathers from the four corners of the earth!

Eliana

Hello ladies!

I can't tell you how pleased but surprised I was to receive the email from Darlene. I was reminded of Scripture:

Ezekiel 36:24 CJB "For I will take you from among the nations, gather you from all the countries, and return you to your own soil."

Now, I know that verse is speaking literally of the gathering together of Israel, but it's fitting. It's so good to be back. I've truly missed the fellowship here. I can't remember what my former screen name was, nor can I remember what year I was here. It wouldn't matter. That person died and was created anew through the compassion and mercy of the Lord. So many wondrous things have happened for all of us that I see it will take some time to get acquainted again. 

Several times over the last few years I have tried to reconnect with our Father, but it only lasted a few months. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Well, He awakened me, fully and completely about a year and a half ago'ish. I am re-dedicated 100% to His service and for my purposes, use the name Eliana. It's Hebrew for "God has answered." One day I will tell you all why it's so fitting. :)

I am a stay at home wife, mother of three, grandmother of four, and best of all - fur mom of 8. I love to garden, but since I am urban - don't get to do much of it. I love reading, especially the Word, writing, and cooking. I look forward to hearing your stories - both bittersweet and the victorious! 

Much love and Shalom,

Eliana

• Like 5

Welcome back, Eliana.  it has been like a reunion here and I’m glad you can join us.  :wave:

• Like 1

It is so nice to meet you, Eliana! I am also an urban homesteader in NY State. There is much that you can do in an apartment or with only a small backyard. I used to keep (stealth) chickens, quail, a garden, indoor edible plants, outdoor permaculture edibles, and even mapped the local areas where edibles exist in my city. Some of those edibles are no longer recognized as food by most city dwellers! Don't ever think that you are limited...You just homestead a little differently!

• Like 5
6 hours ago, themartianchick said:

It is so nice to meet you, Eliana! I am also an urban homesteader in NY State. There is much that you can do in an apartment or with only a small backyard. I used to keep (stealth) chickens, quail, a garden, indoor edible plants, outdoor permaculture edibles, and even mapped the local areas where edibles exist in my city. Some of those edibles are no longer recognized as food by most city dwellers! Don't ever think that you are limited...You just homestead a little differently!

I am looking forward to reading this content!

• Like 2