MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Did you know that if you let your dishwasher go through its drying cycle for maybe 5 minutes and then open the door to let air dry the dishes dry almost instantly?

I never, unless I forget, let them go through the drying cycle.  It takes time and it costs money.  For myself, I find also, that if I can empty the dishwasher right away, I can begin refilling it right away. There are usually more dishes to put in with me doing some kind of cooking and a retired husband at home, etc.. :tapfoot:

Try it.  I think you'll like it!

• Like 4

Sometimes I do that when the kids are not here.  I have a fancy smancy dishwasher and the drying cycle gets extra hot to complete the sanitize cycle--which I need for the tots and teens.  

I only use  my dishwasher for  jars when  canning to heat them. As soon as they  finish rinsing,  I fill them. The next time I can, just let them finish drying  as they are already  clean. One cycle, 2 canning  sessions.