MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another absentee returning.

Good evening folks! 

I received an email from Darlene and decided to answer the call! I was active here some years ago, but it seems, like some others, priorities changed and life moved on. I haven't stopped prepping, but I did go through a patch of what I can only call 'prepper fatigue' and slowed down somewhat. I've moved a time or two as well and we are now happily settled in a 120 year old red brick terrace house in the West Midlands of England. This area has a rich history of coal mining and pottery, in fact this area is known as 'the Potteries' and if any of you have seen The Great Pottery Throwdown, well, I live not a million miles from the Gladstone Pottery Museum where it is filmed. I'm happier here than I've been in many years and I finally feel like I've found home.

Anyhoo, with things looking decidedly dodgy over the English Channel in Europe I have decided to get my act together and there's nothing like a likeminded bunch of ladies to help. Look forward to seeing you all on the boards! 

• Like 8

:wave:   Welcome back, Wychwood.  We are so glad you have found your way back.  It sounds like you've landed in an excellent spot.  

As Jeepers says we've all been seeing a need to be better prepared.  Even if nothing happens it's better to have than to have not during a need.  Jump in wherever you feel comfortable.  I'm sure we can learn from you just as much as you learn from us.  :bighug2:

• Like 1

I, too, fell into a type of preppers fatigue for a while. Still had all the preps, and couldn't stop buying extra of 'whatever' from to time to time, but went into overdrive when Covid first hit and it all came back and was a reminder of the value and wisdom of many types of preps. Not only that, but all the price increases I've watched over the last couple of years, definitely made me shore up some areas I hadn't looked at for a long time.

From the beginning when the war started in the Ukraine, I just had this gut feeling that I needed to splurge on some key areas and continue to bring supplies in on the smaller areas for as long as we can.

Regardless, we're so happy you're back and it goes without saying, if we can help in anyway, please let us know.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone, it's good to be back. 

The war in Ukraine has definitely perked up my prepping. Not for now, but for the winter and beyond. Ukraine is central to the world's grain and sunflower production and although Great Britain is almost self sufficient in wheat, I believe we will still see great shortages as cereals don't just feed us, but the animals we eat. I fear things could get worse before getting better. Already bread has gone up in price and I now make our own again. I'd forgotten how therapeutic bashing a bunch of dough about was.:cook: 

Edited by Wychwood
  • Like 3

I believe many if not most here feel the same way, Wychwood.  There’s a bread thread in the kitchen forum that has a lot of activity.  And I agree, there’s nothing like taking your frustrations and tensions out on a big lump of bread dough.  Not only does it not care but you both benefit from it. :grinning-smiley-044: 

• Like 2