MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Rosh Chodesh

Don't worry. At one point, I didn't know what the words in the title meant either. :) It's pronounced like Roe'sh Hoe'degg'sh and is simply the New Moon. Most of Christianity is unaware that God commanded that the Children of Israel keep the day each month and to treat it like a Shabbat (Sabbath). I thought it was a good time to drop a little seed for those who are willing to listen.

Let's read the text. ;)

Numbers 28:11-15

11 “‘At each Rosh-Hodesh of yours, you are to present a burnt offering to Adonai consisting of two young bulls, one ram and seven male lambs in their first year and without defect; 12 with six quarts of fine flour mixed with olive oil as a grain offering for the one ram; 13 and two quarts of fine flour mixed with olive oil as a grain offering for each lamb. This will be the burnt offering giving a fragrant aroma, an offering made by fire for Adonai. 14 Their drink offerings will be two quarts of wine for a bull, one-and-one-third quarts for the ram, and one quart for each lamb. This is the burnt offering for every Rosh-Hodesh throughout the months of the year. 15 Also a male goat is to be offered as a sin offering to Adonai, in addition to the regular burnt offering and its drink offering."

On this holy day, there is no buying, selling and/or trading. People are to do no work, thus it is treated as a Shabbat day. Because of this, food is traditionally prepared the day before. Now remember, days start at sunset and end at sunset the following day. This year, the new moon falls on April 1, 2022 (tomorrow) at 9:24 AM Israel time. This equates to 2:24 AM 4/1/22 EST, 1:24 AM 4/1/22 CST, 12:24 AM 4/1/22 MST, and 11:24 PM 3/31/22 PST.  So, at sunset on Thursday night until sunset on Friday, Rosh Chodesh is to be observed. But this also falls right before Shabbat. Rosh Chodesh will end at sunset on Friday, but Shabbat officially begins at sunset on Friday and ends sunset Saturday.

I said all of that to simply say that the women were quite busy today and tomorrow. All food preparation must be complete by sunset Thursday. There can be no cooking or work of any kind. Nor can there be any buying, selling, or trading. This will last two days or until sunset Saturday night. I know for me, it was rough getting prepared. Luckily, I also purchased a couple of packages of sliced turkey and some sweet Hawaiian bread to get us through.

Since there is no Temple, therefore no sacrificial law to be observed, we have come to understand that we offer a sacrifice of praise instead. It's a time to reflect on your life and the many blessings He has bestowed upon you. Adonai prefers obedience. Samuel said in 1 Samuel 15:22 CJB "Samuel said, “Does the Lord have as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices As in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than a sacrifice, And to pay attention is better than the fat of rams." Amen! Hosea 6:6 says, "For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings." 

What we could actually say is that if you love your God with all of your heart, soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself, you are showing your obedience and mercy. Thus, you are most pleasing to our Father! If you remember to think about the day, try to reflect on all the wondrous beauty in your life. Whisper a thank you to your Father, for He loves you!

Happy Rosh Chodesh, ladies!

-Eliana

download.jpg

Edited by Eliana
I forgot a word.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1