MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

April 1, 2022

Here we are the first of April! ! Do you have any big plans in April? Will you be planting a garden? 

I sit with a 1 and 2 year old daily.  I'm looking forward to warmer weather so they can get outside and run their energy off! 

Last evening we learned a friend drove through flood waters. (PLEASE NEVER DO THAT!) His truck stalled in the water and he's now missing. :pray: If you'd be willing I'd  appreciate prayers he's found and for his family! 

Edited by Buttercup
Wrong date
  • Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Buttercup changed the title to April 1, 2022

My beans are just sprouting.  If the twins come by this weekend, I hope to get them to plant some squash and bury the Irish potatoes (which might still grow...)

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Ambergris said:

My beans are just sprouting.  If the twins come by this weekend, I hope to get them to plant some squash and bury the Irish potatoes (which might still grow...)

You have twins? How old are they?

• Like 1

They've just turned 20, and they are "mine" only when they choose to be.  The college kid comes by about once a month, and the one on disability is here almost every weekend (assuming her mother allows).  They do lifting and reaching I can't do any more, while I give them a place to decompress and do a little baking.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Buttercup said:

My twins will be 32 this summer

:o  That can’t be right.  Can it?  

Praying for your friend, Buttercup!

Dh was admitted to hospital for low oxygen, yesterday. I think it's a good thing. He is getting IV antibiotics for his chronic lung infection, too.
I came home and did all chores then ate everything I could find. How I respond to stress. Lol. I know I will get through this. Thank you all for your prayers!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

🙏 for your DH and for you.  This will be a stressful time for you.  Do whatever it takes to take care of your needs.  I’m praying he gets home soon.  :hug3:

• Thanks 1

Praying for Buttercup's friend to be found and safe and back with his family. :pray: :hug3:

Miki, praying for your DH to get better and get rid of this infection and for you to have the strength to take care of him when he gets home and that you get the rest you need. I know how stressful it can be to have someone in hospital. Please take care of yourself also. :pray: :hug3:

• Thanks 1

Miki hope your husband improves in the hospital and can come home soon! 

I planted my rosebushes in pots today to keep them alive until they can go into the ground. We are having the yard re-graded so I wanted to wait until that was done so that they don't get damaged. I have some iris coming up and hyacinth in bloom, it's fun to see what the yard has already. Went looking at riding lawnmowers today wow the prices have gone up at least $1000 since we looked in December. I think I may pay to have someone mow the yard instead and see if the price comes back down next winter. I don't want to pay as much for a mower as I did for my first car! If we had less grass I'd just get a push mower but 3/4 acre with my family means it wouldn't get mowed enough. This afternoon I spent stripping paint along the bathroom baseboard and cleaning the radiator in the bathroom near the kitchen so I can paint it before the new vanity goes in. Foundation workers will come on Monday, Plumbers in the next two weeks so I want to finish this part of the project tomorrow. Hoping the weather holds so I can rototill my new garden tomorrow. I want to get my peas in the ground :wub:

• Like 2
On 4/1/2022 at 9:03 AM, Buttercup said:

Here we 

Last evening we learned a friend drove through flood waters. (PLEASE NEVER DO THAT!) His truck stalled in the water and he's now missing. :pray: If you'd be willing I'd  appreciate prayers he's found and for his family! 

Sadly he was found deceased. Took 2 days to recover his body. Please pray for his family!

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

You are still in my prayers Annarchy. :pray: I know it is hard, but try to stay strong for both DH and your MIL.  It's not easy I know. :hug3:

28 years ago, I almost lost my DH to a serious stroke. Aneurism bleed out at base of brain stem. Almost lost him then. Then in 1999. The heart attack.  I know you will have to keep his salt intake very low. at least 1200 ml a day. Plus, the diet change. It's not easy but not hard either. You will be able to get it all figured out.  You are good at doing things like that. Just a bit of adjustments on food. They had DH and me go to classes for what he could eat. Maybe they will still have that. It did help get him on the right track. One of the things I learned back then was to use spices and herbs and not cook with salt. I went back to canning all my veggies as finding canned veggies on sell back then with no salt was never put in the sales. Only the ones with salt would be on sale back then. Now you can get either.